Sunday 16th July: L1: Hunslet V Oldham: KO 3.00pm, South Leeds Stadium, Leeds

Bedford Roughyed

1 minute ago, ManchesterYed said:

Some poor takes on todays game on here, we were in complete control in the first 30 minutes of the game, our forward pack Johnson Whittle Wilkinson were great unfortunately our new half back pairing didn’t click and we didn’t make the most of our dominance, also our second row forwards and centres as I’ve said before do not hit the correct lines at pace. Go and get a strong ball running second row please. Our bench was really poor today and our attack didn’t flow. We go again.  

You have a new shopping list every week 🤣🤣🤣 If only we had unlimited money

• Haha 1

I said littler needed to be sacked a few month ago on the message board but all of you disagreed and laughed about it. The way Ford was talking on the podcast he wants a championship squad and surely he wants a championship manager littler needs to go. He’s not good enough and many people are seeing this if we are going to get something out of this season i expect a club statement to be announced tomorrow morning and the new coach can have two strong weeks with the players.

Just now, roughyed1064 said:

not exactly ripping trees up in this division are we, hence we are not a championship side far from it.

thank you 1064 just not  enough good players.

forget this season a clear out is needed and then see what team the board can sign next season.

but i say this it wont be cheap

Nonsense that. We have quality players and I dare say if we hadn’t lost Sheridan early we would have a balanced team competing for the automatic promotion spot.

This is a quality squad and I would be retaining most of them next season.

Hirst deserves a mention today. That lad is starting to look quality 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Happyed said:

Nonsense that. We have quality players and I dare say if we hadn’t lost Sheridan early we would have a balanced team competing for the automatic promotion spot.

This is a quality squad and I would be retaining most of them next season.

Hirst deserves a mention today. That lad is starting to look quality 

I agree with most of your post. Hirst has been good for his first season. Hes got a long way to go defensively.

1 hour ago, YoungYed said:

I said littler needed to be sacked a few month ago on the message board but all of you disagreed and laughed about it. The way Ford was talking on the podcast he wants a championship squad and surely he wants a championship manager littler needs to go. He’s not good enough and many people are seeing this if we are going to get something out of this season i expect a club statement to be announced tomorrow morning and the new coach can have two strong weeks with the players.

Out of interest how many games have you attended this season?

• Like 1

Had a bit of time to reflect now so my thoughts are less negative than they would have been . 
Morgan is not a half back, as a half back he had a bad game and by playing him there his main threat as a strike centre was taken away from us . He was at fault for the first try and for all the big hits in defence, far too often he is not hitting and sticking . The fault to me with this lies with Littler though and has been mentioned before an inability to change on the go , yes the Ellis injury messed up plans but his new plan wasn't working . We had Slater who has more than adequately covered at halfback when needed , yes he is better as a 9 and speeds up our attack  which in hindsight was needed in the first 30 minutes . If not Slater at halfback why not McNally and move Morgan to fullback they could even have swapped roles for attack and defence , the flexibility was there in the 17.
We were too predictable in attack , Hunslet fans I was sat near agreed we clearly only had 1 halfback on the pitch , Riddy didn't look fully fit either . 

Now to Fordy , again as I have seen posted we have effectively become a new team , with all the tinkering our attack has become less fluent . Yes we were short of props so Pat Morgan and probably Johnson make sense . Rawsthorne had a decent game but we had Hartley and Brierley . Gabriel had no halfback on his side so was hampered, he was at fault though for their 2nd try .But if he is season long where does he fit in , he shouldn't replace Ah Van so does he replace Rawsthorne or does Rawsthorne now replace  Carr or Morgan . 

The ref , firstly Hunslet were the better side and deserved to win but a 6-0 penalty count , we also had 3 tries ruled out . The first to Baker for a forward pass I can argue least with as I didn't have the best angle . Nelmes got the ball down as far as I'm concerned and the McNally obstruction by Hirst , if so, why is that so different from the Nelmes sin binning . 
On the sin binnings I think only Meadows will really know, but to me he was running back in a straight line did not change direction and the Hunslet player ran at an angle , ran into him and then sat on the floor waving his arms about . 
Nelmes was a penalty at most , if it was different than Hirst , but the Hunslet player having being flat out on the floor made a miraculous recovery and forcefully pushed Nelmes who didn't react but this caused the mass coming together , So no one gets sin binned or they both do . 

Where we're at , last season we scraped into the playoffs on the last game , this year we are already in them with 4 games left and can finish no worse than 5th and reality no better than 4th . We will need to improve and rediscover our attack but we have beat Hunslet and Workington this season and must be due to beat Doncaster , so who knows what can happen .

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rob95 said:

Had a bit of time to reflect now so my thoughts are less negative than they would have been . 
Morgan is not a half back, as a half back he had a bad game and by playing him there his main threat as a strike centre was taken away from us . He was at fault for the first try and for all the big hits in defence, far too often he is not hitting and sticking . The fault to me with this lies with Littler though and has been mentioned before an inability to change on the go , yes the Ellis injury messed up plans but his new plan wasn't working . We had Slater who has more than adequately covered at halfback when needed , yes he is better as a 9 and speeds up our attack  which in hindsight was needed in the first 30 minutes . If not Slater at halfback why not McNally and move Morgan to fullback they could even have swapped roles for attack and defence , the flexibility was there in the 17.
We were too predictable in attack , Hunslet fans I was sat near agreed we clearly only had 1 halfback on the pitch , Riddy didn't look fully fit either . 

Now to Fordy , again as I have seen posted we have effectively become a new team , with all the tinkering our attack has become less fluent . Yes we were short of props so Pat Morgan and probably Johnson make sense . Rawsthorne had a decent game but we had Hartley and Brierley . Gabriel had no halfback on his side so was hampered, he was at fault though for their 2nd try .But if he is season long where does he fit in , he shouldn't replace Ah Van so does he replace Rawsthorne or does Rawsthorne now replace  Carr or Morgan . 

The ref , firstly Hunslet were the better side and deserved to win but a 6-0 penalty count , we also had 3 tries ruled out . The first to Baker for a forward pass I can argue least with as I didn't have the best angle . Nelmes got the ball down as far as I'm concerned and the McNally obstruction by Hirst , if so, why is that so different from the Nelmes sin binning . 
On the sin binnings I think only Meadows will really know, but to me he was running back in a straight line did not change direction and the Hunslet player ran at an angle , ran into him and then sat on the floor waving his arms about . 
Nelmes was a penalty at most , if it was different than Hirst , but the Hunslet player having being flat out on the floor made a miraculous recovery and forcefully pushed Nelmes who didn't react but this caused the mass coming together , So no one gets sin binned or they both do . 

Where we're at , last season we scraped into the playoffs on the last game , this year we are already in them with 4 games left and can finish no worse than 5th and reality no better than 4th . We will need to improve and rediscover our attack but we have beat Hunslet and Workington this season and must be due to beat Doncaster , so who knows what can happen .

Good post. It’s not all doom and gloom but it’s also silly to pretend that there aren’t tactical and positional cracks which need addressing very quickly. Given the changes and our difficult stop start opening to the season it as never going to be an easy route to promotion, but at the end of the day the season will come down to a few key, winner takes all matches at the season’s end. That’s what we have to be steeled and ready for, and given Dewsbury’s strength, always was 

21 hours ago, herbie said:

Out of interest how many games have you attended this season?

I have been enough this season and last to see that littler is not good enough to coach us with the current ambition of our current owners. I put on a thread a few weeks back that surely the board will want their own man in and this has to happen. I wonder where are the people who laughed at me saying we needed a new coach a few month back??

On 16/07/2023 at 20:41, tandle said:

thank you 1064 just not  enough good players.

forget this season a clear out is needed and then see what team the board can sign next season.

but i say this it wont be cheap

Weren't you saying the same thing this time last year?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.