Hunslet (A)

horbury ram

Looking forward to this one .......... could be a belter if both teams go out to play good Rugby.

Think we need a performance as good as anything we've produced this year to bring home the spoils.

Be great if we can and then the home game vs Workington can be something of a celebration ...... 

Connor Davies said on Sunday the team are looking to go unbeaten through the season so I'll be spending Ten pounds of my wealth (concession rate) cheering the lads on ..... been a while since I visited the South Leeds Stadium

UTR   🏉🏉 

• Like 1

This is by far our biggest and hardest game of the season, but a game we can win with the right attitude. We need to go back to how we were playing first part of the season to come away with the points, I'm confident that we can get the win but it's not the end of the world if we don't as we've got another two game's to get the two points needed to be champions. 

Hunslet 16 Rams 20

FTS Carr

Mom Sykes

Att 1500

It would be nice to see Sam Day and Dale Ferguson back in the team as they get us on the front foot. 

This fixture looks like being the one most vital to win for either of the teams: a Dewsbury victory and promotion will be secured, but if Hunslet take the honours that will enhance their chance to be runners-up and have home ties in the playoffs. 

We must look to dominate throughout the 80 minutes, even if the weather is not conducive to open rugby given that rain is forecast for that day. We have to show that we are top of the league for a reason. I have said it before, our discipline has to improve and Sunday must be the day we show that we have managed to do so.

Assuming we have no further injuries I just wonder if Liam’s selection will be the following:

1, Restall 

2. Carr

3 O’Connor

4. Greensmith

5. Whiteley

6. Sykes

7. Turner

8. Beckett

9.Butterworth 

10. Maher (if he is still loan)

11. Garside

12 Graham

13. Collinson

14. R Dixon

15. Day

16. Davies

17. Morris

18. Walker 

Hunslet 18-25 Dewsbury 

FTS: Restall

MoM: Butterworth

Att:901

I note that there is still no confirmation from the club that Jordan has left us.

Edited by Crown Flatter
Legs, Dews, Legs.

59 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

This fixture looks like being the one most vital to win for either of the teams: a Dewsbury victory and promotion will be secured, but if Hunslet take the honours that will enhance their chance to be runners-up and have home ties in the playoffs. 

We must look to dominate throughout the 80 minutes, even if the weather is not conducive to open rugby given that rain is forecast for that day. We have to show that we are top of the league for a reason. I have said it before, our discipline has to improve and Sunday must be the day we show that we have managed to do so.

Assuming we have no further injuries I just wonder if Liam’s selection will be the following:

1, Restall 

2. Carr

3 O’Connor

4. Greensmith

5. Whiteley

6. Sykes

7. Turner

8. Beckett

9.Butterworth 

10. Maher (if he is still loan)

11. Garside

12 Graham

13. Collinson

15. R. Dixon 

16 Day

17. Davies

18. Walker 

Hunslet 18-25 Dewsbury 

FTS: Restall

MoM: Butterworth

Att:901

I note that there is still no confirmation from the club that Jordan has left us.

Can’t argue that any of that,be nice if Sam Day is back. Sure I’ve seen it somewhere saying that Jordan has left the club.

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Can’t argue that any of that,be nice if Sam Day is back. Sure I’ve seen it somewhere saying that Jordan has left the club.

Nothing official from the club, only from Westgate on FB.

• Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I'll go with CF's line up and a positive outcome.

Hunslet 14 - Rams 27

FTS: O'Connor

MoM: Turner

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Regarding Jordan... If you look on the Rams stats page, on the website, you will note he is shown below the line!!!... with the others that have left the club!! Hardly an announcement but as near as we've got!  

Regarding Sunday ... If we can keep Myles Lawford ( on loan from the bulls) quiet we should be ok!

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Nothing official from the club, only from Westgate on FB.

I think Westgate & Dewsbury Rams have different protocols when announcing departures and arrivals 

Rams have to run everything past the RFL

Where Westgate dont

Nothing runs quickly in the halls of the RFL

Other than noses and bottoms the day after "Curry Night" 🤔🤣

Got a feeling we might have to wait to clinch the title.   Hunslets bemusing policy of loanees (given they’ve already lost three games) and our recent form are making me very nervous. 

17 minutes ago, NickD said:

Got a feeling we might have to wait to clinch the title.   Hunslets bemusing policy of loanees (given they’ve already lost three games) and our recent form are making me very nervous. 

Your not alone mate

We just haven't put in a decent performance away. 

We've struggled against the likes of Midlands, Cornwall, Oldham 

We turn in a performance like those games well get hammered. 

I'd like to think all the indifferent performance's away will result in a stellar shift in from the boys tomorrow, we've looked sharp in training... Then put in a woeful shift in on the Sunday. 

I don't wanna hear talk of 

"well we only need one from three" 

We don't we need to win three from three... And put this graveyard division to bed 🤔

• Like 5

Another Oldham Fan. All the best today you deserve to be champions.

Comment was made about their spoiling tactic of lying on at the play the ball. They did us well and proper with the referee doing nothing. Just stop Belh??? and you'll win by 20.

See you in the Championship next season.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Another Oldham Fan. All the best today you deserve to be champions.

Comment was made about their spoiling tactic of lying on at the play the ball. They did us well and proper with the referee doing nothing. Just stop Belh??? and you'll win by 20.

See you in the Championship next season.

I think you are referring to Beharrell. We had him for a season and we know he kicks well, but also have to watch out for the on-loan Myles Lawford (son of our former player, Dean), who is a genuine creator. They form a good half back partnership.

We just have to be at our best to win.

• Like 2
Legs, Dews, Legs.

Giving away a try in the 1st minute set the scene. Credit to Hunslet for their goal line defence and for slowing the game down.

Unfortunately it was only in the last 5 minutes the referee seemed to see it, but that was the same as the home game. And we didn't show enough in attack to counter it and Hunslet won the enthusiasm battle.

Onto next week and hopefully we pick it up to clinch promotion at home.

On 26/07/2023 at 13:55, horbury ram said:

Match officals for Sunday

• Referee: N. Bennett
  • Reserve Referee: C. Hughes
  • Touch Judge 1: S. Ellis
  • Touch Judge 2: J. Ruckledge

One of best refs we've had this season.   Well played to him.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, NickD said:

One of best refs we've had this season.   Well played to him.

Overall, I would agree with that ....... He played a very short 10 at times which helped Hunslet's spoiling ambitions, but that's nit-picking on a good performance from him ...... Hunslet deserved the win, it was a cracking hard-fought game and we now have to re-group and finish the job next Sunday.

• Like 2

Gutted we lost but Hunslet wanted it more. Not trying to duplicate the other thread but in such close games always take the 2 points when they're on offer. 

We need to be much smarter in defence we only really needed to be tight in this respect on the 3 occasion they got possession in our 20, on which they capitalised. 

Edited by muddyfunster
  • Like 1

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

It was ominous from the start, knocking on and conceding a try n the first minute. What a day to decide to play your worst game of the season and lose your first match and denying we supporters the chance to bask in the glory of winning the division undefeated.

We crossed the line about nine times, but were denied a score on six occasions (held up three times, two forward passes, one of which I thought was not forward and the last, seemingly touching down on the dead ball line). That typified our day.

Hunslet won the day, be we seem to have contrived our own downfall with a poor defence on each of their tries and on attack, barging forward, poor passing, lack of backing up and standing starts, instead of running onto the ball. We must have had 60% of the possession and wasted much of it. We had two kickable penalties, each time to draw level, but chose to run the ball and to no avail.

This defeat has been coming, we have all been aware of it, especially with performances away from home, but it is still difficult to accept nonetheless. It was definitely a team effort today!

No man of the match winner from me this time. The daft thing is we won the penalty count 5-3, but Restall’s sin binning will see him in detention when he returns to school won’t it!

Legs, Dews, Legs.