Leigh to stage a game in PNG?

I'd love to see more tours like this. Its how the game grows and strengthens bonds across the world (union is excellent at this).

Hopefully we'll see more like this. Could we see tours to the south of France too for example? 

• Like 2

Degsy in his leopard-print suit, in tropical conditions? He should go an interesting shade of purple.

Seriously, this match, if it can be organised, would be a great idea.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well little Leigh are doing things well above their station if this comes of, less than 12 months ago many in this site were saying 'What will Leigh bring to SL" and many hoping they would be relegated to be replaced by Toulouse, they were also ridiculed massively for the rebranding (I did not forsee the impact it would have, albeit I will not wear the replica kit there is far far more merchandise to choose from) but as this season has developed the club are showing their true worth of being part of and competing at the top level and hopefully have made some new friends on the journey.

The first game at Leigh I went to was in 1960, and I have been going ever since, in that time I have expierenced far more down's than up's but I was say without fear of contradiction that these are the most exciting times to be associated with the club, and love him or loathe him it is all down to one man Mr Derek John Beaumont.

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Degsy in his leopard-print suit, in tropical conditions? He should go an interesting shade of purple.

Would do far more for RL than the NRL’s mucking about in Vegas …

• Like 5

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well little Leigh are doing things well above their station 

What station?

More seriously, great idea.

• Haha 8

You never know Leigh could end up combining a PNG visit as warm up for the 2024 World Club Challenge

#justsaying

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I'm glad to see the club really looking to capitalise on the interest over there. It feels like every day i'm getting new facebook 'recommended groups/pages' coming up with PNG fansites all discussing Leigh so it's important the club strikes while the iron is hot. They need to be marketing the tv subscription service to those fans and also should be working on getting merchandise over there, if done right there's no reason the club can't maintain a fanbase there long after the likes of Lam Snr/Jnr and Ipape leave the club. It's also driving a lot of social media impressions which will help for the IMG scoring.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

You never know Leigh could end up combining a PNG visit as warm up for the 2024 World Club Challenge

#justsaying

Mate, mate, just give yourself a hug from me, go pour yourself a drink and have a lie down. I know being a RL fan can drive even the strongest of us mad but this post really did worry me when I read it. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I’d like to see degsy run through downtown Port Moresby in his leopard print suit.

On a serious note there’s some really good raw talent floating about in the digicel cup that have either been overlooked by the hunters or just missed the cut.

if I was Leigh I’d be trying to sign the current hunters fullback morea morea jr who looks like a superstar in the making.

6 minutes ago, Havenlad80 said:

On a serious note there’s some really good raw talent floating about in the digicel cup that have either been overlooked by the hunters or just missed the cut.

Pretty difficult to get a working visa for such players though. 

5 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Mate, mate, just give yourself a hug from me, go pour yourself a drink and have a lie down. I know being a RL fan can drive even the strongest of us mad but this post really did worry me when I read it. 

Didn't you have Leigh relegated pre season ?

• Haha 1

Don't they still eat people in some parts of PNG? I'm not sure I'd go there dressed as a leopard 😳 🤣

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Don't they still eat people in some parts of PNG? I'm not sure I'd go there dressed as a leopard 😳 🤣

Think I'd still rather hang out in those tribes than spend a day with Derek Beaumont.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2