Fri 8th - Sun 10th Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

40 minutes ago, watcherofRL said:

Not sure why this post is on the predictions forum but the Friday night lights is slightly different as precedes the CC whereas Skolars were asked to travel on Wednesday after work or get at least half day off! Difficulty here is that Skolars had already travelled to Rochdale on to be be told the pitch was waterlogged so how fair was it to then set a rematch midweek?🙄

When would you have suggested it was played ?

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

54 minutes ago, Dovster said:

Even if the home team gain an advantage by doing so? Surely the RFL have to be consulted and agree.

Available to any team to claim this mythical advantage by simply switching their Sunday games to Friday.

Not that I'm convinced that home teams shouldn't have some advantage.  We'll be playing all games on neutral grounds next.

1 hour ago, Griff said:

Available to any team to claim this mythical advantage by simply switching their Sunday games to Friday.

Not that I'm convinced that home teams shouldn't have some advantage.  We'll be playing all games on neutral grounds next.

Very happy to disagree with you. Lets move on

• Like 2

Newcastle Thunder v Featherstone Rovers - by 22
Sheffield Eagles v Keighley Cougars - Draw
Halifax Panthers v Toulouse Olympique - by 4
Barrow Raiders v Swinton Lions - by 8
Batley Bulldogs v Whitehaven - by 2
Bradford Bulls v York Knights - by 10
London Broncos v Widnes Vikings - by 1

20 hours ago, kiggy said:

Is the Halifax v TO match on the wireless?

...apparently not.

12-12 at half time.

I'm following the Halifax Twitter feed as there have a keyboard monkey giving more updates. 

• Haha 1

26-18 to Halifax, closing moments of the game. Big win for them.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just checked out the teams on BBC sport. Harrison Hansen at full back. Joe Keyes at prop.

BBC sports journalists don't half insult our sport.🤬

Edited by Griff
Typo

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Wireless! not heard that in 50 years then it was my grandad born in 1891.

I still say wireless. I've noticed people get confused.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

26-18 to Halifax, closing moments of the game. Big win for them.

Big for Halifax, in the mix for the last 2 games is good for them.

TO losing for the 1st time in 2 months. It was going to happen at some time. I just hope they haven't picked up more injuries 

Good win for Fax who started very slowly but Toulouse came up with a ton of errors which made it uphill sailing for them from pretty much the 20 minute mark in the game. Toulouse nothing to play for and potentially had one eye on next weeks game against Fev but for Fax it gives us a good chance of making the playoffs now and despite been pretty average for most of the season, if we can make the playoffs I am not sure any team would fancy playing us given our seeming tendancy to up our game in big games.

5 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Good win for Fax who started very slowly but Toulouse came up with a ton of errors which made it uphill sailing for them from pretty much the 20 minute mark in the game. Toulouse nothing to play for and potentially had one eye on next weeks game against Fev but for Fax it gives us a good chance of making the playoffs now and despite been pretty average for most of the season, if we can make the playoffs I am not sure any team would fancy playing us given our seeming tendancy to up our game in big games.

Yer mean whenever yer play Featherstone lol 😆. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Would settle for Fev v Fax final...

A crowd full of Fev fans with 25 Fax.

Not sure Fév would be happy having 2 teams in the top six who have beaten them 4 times in the season.

• Like 1