Castleford stadium.

14 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Having a full sized pitch should be part of the IMG criteria and scoring process 

I can accept it for older grounds, but where serious structural renovations are taking place it isn't acceptable for the top flight.

15 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Having a full sized pitch should be part of the IMG criteria and scoring process 

i think every pitch should have a significant slope, but in any direction, side to side or top to bottom etc. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DoubleD said:

you mean a pitch which conforms to the rules - ticked that box ages ago mate

• Like 2

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

On 09/02/2024 at 11:06, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

'Cards that have been dealt'? Cas have tried to hang on to someone else's coat tails or grab any passing straw to get a new/redeveloped ground for the last 50 years rather than getting off their backsides and doing something about it themselves.

yeah 100% spot on Les - done absolutely nothing my apologies. 

• Like 3

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

8 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

you mean a pitch which conforms to the rules - ticked that box ages ago mate

Only because they changed the rules to accommodate Cas and the Bulls under-10s pitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, dboy said:

Only because they changed the rules to accommodate Cas and the Bulls under-10s pitch.

great stuff 👍

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Standard rugby league pitches are 100m between trylines - but rules allow to be as short as 88m, and as narrow as 55m from touchlines (the standard is 68m)

Cas is 86m long.

Feel free to check the Google Earth image of the ground and measure it yourself. There is just 3m, between the 30 & 40m lines.

Edited by dboy

1 minute ago, The 4 of Us said:

It’s only 3 inches long on Google Earth. And I’m zoomed as far as I can go on the iphone? 😏

Cheeky.

Now look at the difference between the normal 10m-spaced lines and the distance between the 20 & 40.

The distance between the 30 & 40 is a third of the other spacings.

To be the minimum 86, it would need to be over 50% of the regular 10m spacing.

33 minutes ago, dboy said:

Cas is 86m long.

Feel free to check the Google Earth image of the ground and measure it yourself. There is just 3m, between the 30 & 40m lines.

Hi dboy , If you look at 30m line (dotted line) it is more than 3m away from 40m line . 

Updated for accuracy , see post below , regarding 5m not 3m

Edited by Taffy Tiger

Just now, Taffy Tiger said:

Hi dboy , If you look at 30m line (dotted line) it is more than 3m away from 40m line . If you measure between 20m and 40m line on each side and then the difference in proportion from 30m (dotted line) to 40m line , then it is somewhere between 1/3 and 1/4 of the distance from 20m to 40m  (at least 1/4) which equates to 5m-6 2/3m 

13 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Done a check to cm on screen and 20m to 30m line is 3cm . 30m to 40m is 1.5cm  so it's 5m from 30m to 40m not 3m

This makes pitch 90m long and above minimum requirements

Edited by Taffy Tiger

What?!

The 10, 20 and 30 are measured from the try-line = 30m per half.

The 40 is 10m measured from the halfway line =10m per half.

The distance between the 30 and the 40 is 3m.

That makes 43m per half and a pitch length of 86m total.

If Cas do manage to get a stadium rebuild, they really must address this problem.

1 minute ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Done a check to mm on screen and 20m to 30m line is 3cm . 30m to 40m is 1.5cm  so it's 5m from 30m to 40m not 3m

Not a chance that the 30 to 40 distance is half of the full 10 markings - not a chance!

If you'd suggested it was a 4m distance, it would be defendable.

I guess that's why the RFL amended the rules to accept an 88m pitch length.

Get it fixed on the rebuild.

11 minutes ago, dboy said:

Not a chance that the 30 to 40 distance is half of the full 10 markings - not a chance!

If you'd suggested it was a 4m distance, it would be defendable.

I guess that's why the RFL amended the rules to accept an 88m pitch length.

Get it fixed on the rebuild.

Rough measurement when blown up is a 2:1 proportion , but I can accept 88m . 

Why do we need to get it 'fixed' ? We've established it's within the minimum requirements . It's home advantage at the end of the day , and if we are used to a smaller pitch , that gives us the advantage when playing at home , then why would we want to change it .

Teams who play a more expansive game , get an advantage by making their pitches wider . Should all pitches be the same width ? In a lot of sports there are minimum and maximum pitch sizes , and teams then have  a choice as to what dimensions best suit them . RL is no different . If RL decide that pitch dimensions should be changed , then that is something we would have to deal with , but until then we don't need to incur the extra cost of lengthening the pitch .

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dboy said:

I have some mapping software that shows the pitch to be 90m in length!

So only need to drop the Railway end back 10m.

Happy days.

Thanks dboy , so my 5m was correct then 😉 That's all well and good until you realise that RE isn't much more than 10m in total . It is quite steep which gives the impression that it's deep but it isn't . If you check your google map and apply your mapping software , I would imagine it's not much more than 10m from front to back . In effect we would have to demolish RE to accommodate lengthening pitch . 

2 hours ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Rough measurement when blown up is a 2:1 proportion , but I can accept 88m . 

Why do we need to get it 'fixed' ? We've established it's within the minimum requirements . It's home advantage at the end of the day , and if we are used to a smaller pitch , that gives us the advantage when playing at home , then why would we want to change it .

Teams who play a more expansive game , get an advantage by making their pitches wider . Should all pitches be the same width ? In a lot of sports there are minimum and maximum pitch sizes , and teams then have  a choice as to what dimensions best suit them . RL is no different . If RL decide that pitch dimensions should be changed , then that is something we would have to deal with , but until then we don't need to incur the extra cost of lengthening the pitch .

Pitches should all be 100m long. It looks amateurish and confuses viewers and refs when accounting for the 10m defensive line. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Pitches should all be 100m long. It looks amateurish and confuses viewers and refs when accounting for the 10m defensive line. 

So , what's the refs excuse on all other grounds . You honestly saying that refs get players back 10m on every ground except WR and Odsal ? They can't even get it right inside the 10m line