Sat 16th - Sun 17th Sept: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

16 minutes ago, kiggy said:

They were booing Killer. It's the 1st time they've had the chance to let him know what they think of hi

I don't think Killer will lose too much sleep over that, especially when he steps out to cheers next Saturday at P.O.R. and lifts the league leaders shield!

• Like 1

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

Thanks for the genuine responses. Sorry if a Featherstone fan or two felt upset by my question but I’m genuinely interested.

All teams seem to have fans (Bradford included!) that feel the refs played a part in any loss so when you see a game where you lose the first half but win the second I’m always instead in whether they think the team just played better in the second or whether that ‘cheating’ ref stopped being ‘a joke’. 

I didn’t see the game so asked those that did. 

FWIW I’ve said Featherstone to go up from the start and I have no doubt I will be proven correct in a few weeks.

Edited by LongStandingBull
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

As a Fev fan of over 50 years, I have never bought in to the "cheating Refs" theory. Sure, refs make mistakes, but many times when I think the refs have got it wrong live, when I've watched the game back invariably I have to concede they got the decision right. 

I think part of the problem is that as supporters live at a game, we are so desperate for our teams to win that common sense goes out of the window for 80 minutes.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

3 hours ago, roversspud said:

I don't think Killer will lose too much sleep over that, especially when he steps out to cheers next Saturday at P.O.R. and lifts the league leaders shield!

Yes, we all know the man's qualities

38 minutes ago, roversspud said:

As a Fev fan of over 50 years, I have never bought in to the "cheating Refs" theory. Sure, refs make mistakes, but many times when I think the refs have got it wrong live, when I've watched the game back invariably I have to concede they got the decision right. 

I think part of the problem is that as supporters live at a game, we are so desperate for our teams to win that common sense goes out of the window for 80 minutes.

No problem with a man making mistakes, we're not infallible. I do have a problem with him playing up to the crowd as some sort of pantomime villain. There is no place for that. Stick to trying to be impartial.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Which try are you referring to?

2nd try. Fév dropped the ball on the line should have been a TO turn over scrum not a try. Flag waver said it was a Fev knock on, referee disagreed.

Not much point harking on about it as the result will stand irrespective of us complaining. Makes no difference to these two teams in the long run. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kiggy said:

They were booing Killer. It's the 1st time they've had the chance to let him know what they think of him.

Looks like the referee made several mistakes then

I don't  think he cares what they think of him lol.

Edited by Fevrover

3 hours ago, LongStandingBull said:

Thanks for the genuine responses. Sorry if a Featherstone fan or two felt upset by my question but I’m genuinely interested.

All teams seem to have fans (Bradford included!) that feel the refs played a part in any loss so when you see a game where you lose the first half but win the second I’m always instead in whether they think the team just played better in the second or whether that ‘cheating’ ref stopped being ‘a joke’. 

I didn’t see the game so asked those that did. 

FWIW I’ve said Featherstone to go up from the start and I have no doubt I will be proven correct in a few weeks.

We've all blamed the ref at times and after watching again you think differently most times.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

I thought he left because he wasn’t allowed to play for not having the covid jab or did I imagine that? 
If so you can’t really blame him for going somewhere he could play.

He stuck to his principals.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

He stuck to his principals.

Not quite. He wasn't sacked due to not having the vaccine, that was a personal choice. He was caught doing something criminal, and lied to the club and his team mates. It wouldn't have mattered that a few weeks later the rules changed in France to have allowed him to play, the damage was done. The clubs principles overrode his own.

No SL club were interested, hence the move to Fév who were willing to pick up his salary requirements. 

• Thanks 3

For excitement and competitivity, the Championship consistently delivers. Great games today and a fantastic set of permutations for next week's final round of games.

Edited by Just Browny
  • Like 9

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

16 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

For excitement and competitivity, the Championship consistently delivers. Great games today and a fantastic set of permutations for next week's final round of games.

And don't forget tomorrow's game York v Batley. A Bulldogs win leapfrogs them over Fax into the playoff places, whilst a York win puts them ahead of Batley into 7th, and just a point behind Fax !

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RBKnight said:

And don't forget tomorrow's game York v Batley. A Bulldogs win leapfrogs them over Fax into the playoff places, whilst a York win puts them ahead of Batley into 7th, and just a point behind Fax !

And all SL is bothered about is SL!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Yes promotion and relegation is rubbish isn't it. The closed shop merchants are killing the game.

Imo the game is dieing a slow death but they just can't see it. Can't stand Yawnion but look at the crowds and the coverage it knocks spots off RL.

9 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Yes promotion and relegation is rubbish isn't it. The closed shop merchants are killing the game.

Wtf are you on about? We have promotion and relegation.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Attendance at Widnes was 2961.

Eagles fans 45. Made themselves heard.

Missed the sending off as had to stand up to let some Norbert passed. 

Ref wasn't giving any favours to either team.

Thought we played alright, but being a man down didn't help.