Mon 18th Sept: CC: York Knights v Batley Bulldogs KO 19:45 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York Knights
    • Batley Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/09/23 at 19:15

Some very harsh calls on Batley, at prime moments, but York have done well to capitalise on those bonuses. 

One step too far for Batley, who have faded in the last few weeks, and although York have probably left if too late, that's a fine run to the end of the season.

Edited by Northern Eel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t you just love this game?

think we just about deserved the win but if it had gone the other way wouldn’t have had any complaints, considering what we had to put up with at the start of the season the back end has been remarkable. Still not the finished article but going forward things looking good. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

Don’t you just love this game?

think we just about deserved the win but if it had gone the other way wouldn’t have had any complaints, considering what we had to put up with at the start of the season the back end has been remarkable. Still not the finished article but going forward things looking good. 

I think we've done remarkably well this season given the problems we've had. Recruitment was incomplete with Fordy leaving when he did. Then an injury crisis that seemed to go on forever. We've spent a good part of the season (again) with one actual half-back on the field. A proper recruitment process for next year and we'll be challenging.

• Like 1

Anyone else noticed that for pretty much the whole season the viaplay tackle count seems to be almost random?

Decent game that and was torn between wanting Batley to win tonight and Bradford to lose on the final day to miss out on the playoffs or Batley losing tonight and now hoping Bradford win so as long as we win then we would face them in the first round of the playoffs.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Got a real soft spot for York, id say they are my championship team as it were. Would love them in SL, great little stadium, seem to have stuff sorted off the field, i think they’d add a fair bit to the top tier

It’s getting there, a lot of turmoil in close season and early this season what with new coach, and horrendous injury list, but things looking a lot better now both on and off the pitch, next season is the one to be judged on, I think we will do alright. The owner is saying all the right things and Hendo has got the boys playing some really entertaining football when the squad allows, it hasn’t helped not having a consistent half back pairing. We will miss Chris Clarkson next season but from what I have heard there are some cracking signings being lined up ( if not already on board but not announced).The whole club is buzzing, the Ladies have been outstanding again, as have the wheelchair team , my god that is brutal, nothing held back there and we have the LDT team, so something for everyone. I had my reservations when John Flatman sold and Fordy left but I think we are in really good hands.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Anyone else noticed that for pretty much the whole season the viaplay tackle count seems to be almost random?

Decent game that and was torn between wanting Batley to win tonight and Bradford to lose on the final day to miss out on the playoffs or Batley losing tonight and now hoping Bradford win so as long as we win then we would face them in the first round of the playoffs.

You must be gutted having written us off all season long. London by 20 was Sundays prediction wasnt it? 😂

14 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I wouldn't quite say 'random', Blue Ox, but I know what you mean.  It is usually one tackle behind, sometimes two, but I don't recall it ever getting ahead except when they missed a 'set restart'.  At least Mark Wilson, as commentator, keeps up with things and often mentions the point reached in the tackle count, possibly because he knows how unreliable the indication on screen is.

I find that Wilson commentates a bit like a radio commentator in that he often describes in detail what we can see for ourselves, yet - and I am not quite sure why! - I don't find his style irritating.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I find that Wilson commentates a bit like a radio commentator in that he often describes in detail what we can see for ourselves, yet - and I am not quite sure why! - I don't find his style irritating.

I fully agree, no nonsense just what is happening on the field, quite refreshing when compared to Sky.

• Like 1

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

I did not re new my Via Play contract because i knew this would be their last season.Only a couple of games left now so i will let you into a secret.If you view through SKY they repeat the game the next night and later in the week.You can see on SKY 420 Via Play HD.Just thought i might share it with you.

On 20/09/2023 at 17:02, sentoffagain2 said:

I did not re new my Via Play contract because i knew this would be their last season.Only a couple of games left now so i will let you into a secret.If you view through SKY they repeat the game the next night and later in the week.You can see on SKY 420 Via Play HD.Just thought i might share it with you.

It's not a secret.  I suspect a lot of us have been doing that.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"