Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

3 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

That's the issue with the Fev page. Can't have a discussion without turning to other clubs.

As you mention the Bulls we have heard the same before so are kind of experts on this.

I wasn't having a go ,it was tounge  in cheek - we might need em and it will get worse for a lot of teams sadly. But so long as SL is ok  it doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

I wasn't having a go ,it was tounge  in cheek - we might need em and it will get worse for a lot of teams sadly. But so long as SL is ok  it doesn't matter. 

Fair enough apologies

I see others think I couldn't wait to post this on the Fev page. 

I feel for Fev fans as us Bulls fans are used to the feeling of not knowing what the future holds.

The battle for the playoffs was/is looking exciting next season, without Fev challenging it makes the league worse. 

1 minute ago, Bulls2487 said:

Fair enough apologies

I see others think I couldn't wait to post this on the Fev page. 

I feel for Fev fans as us Bulls fans are used to the feeling of not knowing what the future holds.

The battle for the playoffs was/is looking exciting next season, without Fev challenging it makes the league worse. 

What makes you think we won't be challenging?

Just now, Bulls2487 said:

Maybe I am basing it on the Bulls history but players are wary to sign for a club who can't pay wages on time. 

Correct me if iam wrong but this is the first time at least what iam aware of .

21 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not a good look at all for the club, of course, but hopefully gets sorted quickly. Suspect this happens across RL a bit more often than is reported.

Especially at this time of year. After the season is over but before ST sales and Xmas shop sales pick up. 

• Like 2

I think enough is enough now, the club need to get fans back in n board and say what recruitment plans we have if any, pre season starts in what 3-4 weeks and we have 7 confirmed and have only been linked with Massey and addy who aren’t better than what we’ve let go and I would think are on decent coin.

other clubs squads have filled up and there’s no one left for us to get except the scraps of what people don’t want.

there isn’t any incentive of superleague for players like there was for players like cam king and faamanu brown so can we still pull in players from aus

there are just too many un answered questions 

16 minutes ago, Rovers fev said:

I think enough is enough now, the club need to get fans back in n board and say what recruitment plans we have if any, pre season starts in what 3-4 weeks and we have 7 confirmed and have only been linked with Massey and addy who aren’t better than what we’ve let go and I would think are on decent coin.

other clubs squads have filled up and there’s no one left for us to get except the scraps of what people don’t want.

there isn’t any incentive of superleague for players like there was for players like cam king and faamanu brown so can we still pull in players from aus

I’m assuming that the club are waiting for this weeks storm to blow over before announcing new signings. 

28 minutes ago, Rovers fev said:

I think enough is enough now, the club need to get fans back in n board and say what recruitment plans we have 

Agree R bulls have 27 and counting York have 25 and counting and us let me see oh 7 and counting

At the minute IT very much feels like After the lord mayor's show and instead of concrete plans of the squad going forward all we are getting from the club is meaningless rhetoric

We are pleased that all our recruitment plans are progressing in the right direction We have also made several other signings

We are working hard on building a squad that James Ford can take into the new campaign with energy and excitement.

At this club, we will always retain the ambition to play at the highest level 

As the dust settles over the coming days, we can look forward to announcing new additions to our playing squad,

Edited by POR

13 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I’m assuming that the club are waiting for this weeks storm to blow over before announcing new signings. 

Not half, it wouldn't be a good look announcing new players at the same time as reports are coming out of existing players not being paid.

• Like 1

Just now, Michael Bates said:

Taylor was a disappointment for me. I expect him to look a cut above the rest of the squad, a real ball handling, line breaking forward, but whether due to coaching or ability, became just another plodder.

I agree, can’t recall him creating anything to be honest and did he make any line breaks?. No dynamism in the back rowers expect for Hau, and on a couple of occasions Davies. 

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yeah, we know JD is going to the Bulls..

Apparently he really has a good feel and buzz about the club. I genuinely feel the club is on an upward trajectory, and that is something I am really excited to be a part of. 

3 minutes ago, POR said:

Apparently he really has a good feel and buzz about the club. I genuinely feel the club is on an upward trajectory, and that is something I am really excited to be a part of. 

All players big up their new club, nowt new there. Can't blame him for joining ####, he's got bills to pay.

Might be a tough few weeks for Fev but if I can offer some consolation, 12 months a go we'd lost our star home grown player to our bitterest rivals, Keighley, being goaded left right and centre of how they were going to finish above us, we were in a relegation fight etc 

And look what happened. Granted think having a new investor helped massively, but my point being a lot can change in sport. 

Campbell is an unpredictable character like Beaumont, but if Fev can sort out the payment problems, maybe be competitive with a slimmed down squad, he may invest as the season wears on. 

Don't think for a second you'll be in a relegation battle. Top 6 for me, even as bleak as things look now. 

• Like 1

We're announcing a player tonight apparently.

Our Squad has been far too big the last 2 seasons....signing players and never playing them.....wasting money

Concentrate on youth and get a tight well drilled team and we'll be fine...........can't go up now.......won't go down

Build slowly and end the season like London did.

Can't say I'm that sad about any of the senior players leaving the squad.........doesn't look like too many have got offers a step up from Fev........JD has been awesome for us but he's past his best now.

Last season was a massive bust despite winning nearly every game........time for a rebuild.

• Like 1

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

4 hours ago, POR said:

He's not going to say otherwise is he ?

• Like 1