Sun 24th Sept: The Betfred League One Promotion Final: Doncaster v North Wales Crusaders KO 15:00

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Doncaster
    • North Wales Crusaders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/23 at 14:30

22 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Just a reminder that this match is live on the Sportsman YouTube channel.

Yes i watched Hunslet v Crusaders.Not a bad bloke Fred Done (Betfred) putting it out free.He is a Man United supporter but likes his Rugby League coming from the Salford area.His first shop was in Worsley and his second one in Swinton.

• Like 2

Immensely looking forward to this game, I have an affinity with NWC knowing a number of the players from their early days who went over from my NCL club Leigh East and then Anthony Murray coaching them since then I have always took an interest in how they are performing.

These past 2 weeks cuertosy of the Sportsman Channel I have had the great pleasure of being able to watch their games v Oldham and Hunslet and those games have for excitement been up there with the best (that is saying something being a Leigh ST holder and the season we have had).

I sincerely hope that NWC can do the 'hat trick' of unexpected wins today and gain promotion.

Got an Oggie and a couple of bottles of Magic Dragon Brewery Ales for half time, and an extra one to celebrate at full time - hopefully🍺.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is it really expansion Mathius, Warrington to Wrexham 35 mile, Castleford to Hull 50 mile?

But another country that could push the WC back to twelve teams...

And your correct distances just make me believe that Wales should be a big priority for expansion (and they have something like a credible domestic scene in contrast to Scotland, Ireland, Iraly)

• Like 2

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Temporary home till they can get back to Wrexham, I have heard.

Hope so but don't think it'll be any time soon. NWC do development work across the whole of North Wales though, a good club working hard to spread the game.

Shame Cru didnt get in there, looks like being a tight game.

28 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Cru need to score next IMO or can see Donny running away with it.

True. Unfortunately...

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

True. Unfortunately...

Then again.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, FearNothing said:

Ah well....a game too far for us today, but all credit to the lads - facing a bigger, more experienced team they dug in well. There's always next year.....

Great performance, if Cru had another big lad like Andrade working together early on down the middle drawing the Donny forwards in it could have been a different story.

But what a great story Cru have given us these last few weeks.

• Like 4

The South Yorkshire derby is back!!

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"