Sun 1st Oct: Ch Elim: Sheffield Eagles v London Broncos KO 15:00

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sheffield Eagles
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/23 at 14:30

I can recommend Papas Fish and Chip restaurant if you’re hungry after the drive. Assuming you come off the M1 at 34 it’s very easy to find, it is what was the pub on the roundabout opposite Sheffield Arena. Plenty of parking, licensed for those not driving and open after 1200 and it’ll still be open after the game finishes.

its not particularly cheap but there is also a takeaway on the side and lots of covered outside tables.

Although the pies are ok at the OLP catering isn’t a patch on Plough Lane.

18 hours ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

I can recommend Papas Fish and Chip restaurant if you’re hungry after the drive. Assuming you come off the M1 at 34 it’s very easy to find, it is what was the pub on the roundabout opposite Sheffield Arena. Plenty of parking, licensed for those not driving and open after 1200 and it’ll still be open after the game finishes.

its not particularly cheap but there is also a takeaway on the side and lots of covered outside tables.

Although the pies are ok at the OLP catering isn’t a patch on Plough Lane.

Thanks for the tip mate

Yes the Plough Lane food options are a highlight 

• Like 1

On 29/09/2023 at 11:56, DaveyJalfrezi said:

LOL we are coming up from London Prices... So it still will probably be a lot cheaper than what we have to pay in London

On 30/09/2023 at 14:22, bangersandmash said:

Has this got any radio coverage at all?🤷🏻‍♂️

I can't find any. It seems rather odd that this is such an important game and all you can do is follow it on Twitter

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I can't find any. It seems rather odd that this is such an important game and all you can do is follow it on Twitter

If it had involved a club in an area covered by BBC radio Cumbria, Merseyside, Manchester, Leeds, York or Humberside I'm pretty sure they would have broadcast it.

Some of the better supported championship clubs also have their own commentary (or someone linked in some way to the club).

Unfortunately the level of interest in RL in Sheffield and London doesn't seem to warrant it being covered by local radio.

For those without viaplay TV, the other game tonight will be on BBC radio Leeds and York and Mick Gledhill's Bradford adjacent stream.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately BBC Radio Sheffield, dont care about Rugby League in Sheffield, but put all there efforts into Football, 5 nights a week on the radio.. and very little other coverage of either the Dons or the Eagles..

We have mentioned it before about doing commentary for those who can't get to the game, like me today as full of cold and drinking lemsip, so reading on from the twittersphere...

3 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

What a turnaround from London.

Who plays who now ?

If York beat Bulls York go to Fev,if Bulls win London go to Fev and Bulls go to Tolouse.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

What a turnaround from London.

Who plays who now ?

If Bradford win, Fev play London and Toulouse play Bradford.

If York win, Fev play York and Toulouse play London.

• Like 1

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!