Build me your perfect stadium!

Might be a controversial choice, but the best south stand is at Central Coast Stadium. Who needs a stand when you can have a row of palm trees and views of Brisbane Water (and a busy road, but we'll ignore that bit).

If the away end at Headingley was demolished and replaced with palm trees it would instantly become the best ground in Super League.

• Like 2

For me it would be a Dewsbury style terrace down one side, a bit longer though, with a Warrington main stand opposite, claret and gold seating and a centre gable ala Fartown style, Hull KR style North Stand behind one end and a Salford South stand for the Visitors.

It would be called Davy Park

Capacity roughly  - 10,000.

With a low terrace down one side i reckon we'd create a great atmosphere, we already make plenty of noise it just gets lost in that horrible huge place.

All this on the old Fartown complex (It'll never happen but.......)

I can dream anyway.

Great thread idea btw, hope it doesn't get spoilt.

Edited by daz39
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JohnM said:

There's a wealth of stuff available about stadium design.  I was looking to see if there was an on-line configurator but could not see one. There are though, many case studies.

For. example:  https://aecom.com/uk/40833-2/

The reason I came up with this thread was because, for some reason, an old football manager video game called 'LMA Manager' popped into my head and on that you could do up your ground and the stands you could build were all real stands from other stadiums so thought it would be great for such a thing to exist for RL but of course it doesn't so we'll just have to describe our perfect grounds here and use our imaginations. 😊

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

The reason I came up with this thread was because, for some reason, an old football manager video game called 'LMA Manager' popped into my head and on that you could do up your ground and the stands you could build were all real stands from other stadiums so thought it would be great for such a thing to exist for RL but of course it doesn't so we'll just have to describe our perfect grounds here and use our imaginations. 😊

That is the greatest football manager game ever made and being able to upgrade your stadium is one of the reasons why. I'll never forget taking Wigan Athletic to the Premier League and replacing the east stand at the DW with the non-covered east stand from the Nou Camp. Fans in the highest tier of the stand would have panoramic views from Marsh Green to Pem while Wigan got battered having sold all my best players to fund it.

Since RL has been played at the Nou Camp, the east stand joins the south stand from central coast stadium. I might have to leave it there otherwise IMG will take too many points away for empty seats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, EagleEyePie said:

That is the greatest football manager game ever made and being able to upgrade your stadium is one of the reasons why. I'll never forget taking Wigan Athletic to the Premier League and replacing the east stand at the DW with the non-covered east stand from the Nou Camp. Fans in the highest tier of the stand would have panoramic views from Marsh Green to Pem while Wigan got battered having sold all my best players to fund it.

Since RL has been played at the Nou Camp, the east stand joins the south stand from central coast stadium. I might have to leave it there otherwise IMG will take too many points away for empty seats.

Yeah, playing that game back in the day, I basically spent the entire time doing my ground up and as soon as the latest construction phase was finished I pulled it down and built something different! 

I do like a large touchline standing stand in the vein of the old South stand at Headingley or Hull KR's (but going the full length). They always give a great atmosphere. Then that curving round to the old Spion Kop at Wigan at one end. Obviously both built to a more modern spec with no stantions etc.

Then for the other touchline the main stand at Hull FC with the bottom section of that curving round to a stand in the vein of the away end at Catalans but all the way across rather than a section cutoff.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1