2024 Knights Squad

Gav Wilson

Liam Harris signs for a further 2 years.

• Like 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

That’s great news. So we’ve got Harris, Hingano, Myler, Cunningham and Daley who can play half-back. Surely that should be enough cover?? Plus don’t some of the new young lads play there? If they are all fit, that will be some selection headache. Still think we are short on big, top Championship-quality props, but what do I know. Roll-on next season!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fax Knight said:

That’s great news. So we’ve got Harris, Hingano, Myler, Cunningham and Daley who can play half-back. Surely that should be enough cover?? Plus don’t some of the new young lads play there? If they are all fit, that will be some selection headache. Still think we are short on big, top Championship-quality props, but what do I know. Roll-on next season!

And Williams 

1 hour ago, Fax Knight said:

All bodes well for a fast, open approach from Hendo next season. Can't wait for January!

• Like 1

wont miss him, not value for money for me, when you look at the graft some put in every week, I know he was an impact player but you need to have an impact a bit more regularly.

if he had played every game like he played at sheff away in 21 he would have been brilliant.

hopefully another big unit up front coming in for the last squad place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

2 Ps has gone.

Surprised to hear on the grapevine that he is going to Doncaster though. Carl Hall spending big to ensure they avoid the death knell of league 1 in 2025?

BTW - this is according to Mick Gledhill so could be well wide of the mark.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, only 2 weeks away said:

wont miss him, not value for money for me, when you look at the graft some put in every week, I know he was an impact player but you need to have an impact a bit more regularly.

if he had played every game like he played at sheff away in 21 he would have been brilliant.

hopefully another big unit up front coming in for the last squad place.

Certainly hasn't been value for money,lets hope we have a replacement or two in mind to strengthen us in the forwards.

Pauli is a brilliant weapon to have when hes fit and up for it but unfortunately that was pretty rare at York. Good move all round really. We do need another big nasty prop, possibly two and we can get them for a lot less money than Pauli was on. Sad to see him go but will soon get over it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Yorkie-Girl said:

Goes to show contracts don't seem to count for much these days.

Depends....did we get a fee or not? 

Or were we looking to free up salary budget?

Could be to our advantage in many ways.....although I will miss the little wave of anticipation that would pass through me every time 2 Ps entered the fray.

• Like 3

On 13/11/2023 at 19:31, JonT said:

Depends....did we get a fee or not? 

Or were we looking to free up salary budget?

Could be to our advantage in many ways.....although I will miss the little wave of anticipation that would pass through me every time 2 Ps entered the fray.

and then the inevitable wave of disappointment, that would follow a 5 minute stint that saw him blow out of his ######, give numerous penalties away and be yellow carded

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

PP - 24 games and 2 tries. Usually on the pitch for about 30 minutes resulting in about 6 carries and 6 tackles. Should have killed it at Championship level and he didn’t. Toss up between him and sick note as to who was the biggest waste of money. Divide £’s payed by minutes played and those two are up there with Ponga and Cleary in terms of reward  

Edited by Fax Knight

8 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

PP - 24 games and 2 tries. Usually on the pitch for about 30 minutes resulting in about 6 carries and 6 tackles. Should have killed it at Championship level and he didn’t. Toss up between him and sick note as to who was the biggest waste of money. Divide £’s payed by minutes played and those two are up there with Ponga and Cleary in terms of reward  

Which sick note are you referring to?

Brendan Hingano, Ata O'Hagan, I can't Believe it's not Butterworth or Morgan Smith ?

• Haha 1