2024 Knights Squad

Gav Wilson

8 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

So, another player who is cared for by the club after a serious injury decides to leave. Whatever happened to loyalty. There is little doubt he had a big impact when he played, but if I'm honest, I don't think he was value for money.

To be fair we don’t know he’s gone until it’s official but if he has I agree with you 100% I heard he was on big money and for the odd moment of magic is he worth it?

23 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

So, another player who is cared for by the club after a serious injury decides to leave. Whatever happened to loyalty. There is little doubt he had a big impact when he played, but if I'm honest, I don't think he was value for money.

How do you know it was his decision? 

Loyalty works both ways.

• Like 1

The players don't have the loyalty to specific clubs like we the fans have.

Some other club comes in with an offer that is better they'll probably be off these days. Its a job to them,all you can hope for is they give you 100% whilst your club is paying them,which ,to be fair,most of them do.

• Like 4

Wasn't PP still under contract? So will there be a fee involved?

On another note, mixed feelings but overall I'll be sad to see him go. He had that unknown quality and could come off the bench to cause devastation out of nowhere and really lift a game. But, as a result, played short minutes and was missing for a large chunks of the season. If his fitness could be guaranteed then all good but after the season we have just had I can imagine that Hendo will be desperate for a bit of continuity from week to week.     

Edited by JonT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I don't. Do you?

Exactly. So why question his loyalty when you don't know the situation?

For all we know the Knights may have decided to move him on for whatever reason, just like they did with James Glover a few months ago. 

Loyalty is very rare in modern sport, both ways.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cam varley said:

Cracking retention.I was expecting the ghost as it’s Halloween 

Really happy we have kept Bailey, and surely The Ghost will be the next announcement, he had a cracking season  and can score tries from seemingly nothing.

• Like 4