2024 Transfer Tracker

11 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not sure if this is already widely known or not, but some French websites reporting that Hakim Miloudi is heading to London Broncos.

Would be an interesting signing, I assume he would be playing centre. No doubt he is capable of superb skill and magic and when he is at his best he is unstoppable. For Limoux, this season he has been playing 5/8 and going pretty well but he still makes a fair few mistakes and has put on a lot of weight. Though playing at cente for London I think he would go well. There is no denying his incredible ball skills, he would just need to work on his fitness.

21 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not sure if this is already widely known or not, but some French websites reporting that Hakim Miloudi is heading to London Broncos.

A very average Championship standard player. It feels a very lazy signing, London need to be aiming for better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, georgeb1 said:

or do they realise its a lost cause anyway 

I'm sure they do but if they were genuinely taking a long term view they could sign a young up and coming French player rather than a 30 year old journeyman. It's just a lazy option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still remember some of his contributions over here, little bits of magic, awful tackle technique, and also must have a few screws loose to pick on one of the toughest players in the opposition team..... 

Still funny watching that back and 3 officials missing a big swinging arm, a headlock, and then a cheeky headbutt for good measure.

Edited by The Blues Ox

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

I still remember some of his contributions over here, little bits of magic, awful tackle technique, and also must have a few screws loose to pick on one of the toughest players in the opposition team..... 

Still funny watching that back and 3 officials missing a big swinging arm, a headlock, and then a cheeky headbutt for good measure.

We had him when he 1st came over. Never a dull moment with Hakim. Could be a nutter on the field but he was very popular in the squad. A "character" I think you'd say.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rene_Artois said:

We had him when he 1st came over. Never a dull moment with Hakim. Could be a nutter on the field but he was very popular in the squad. A "character" I think you'd say.

Yep, his time at Hull was a lot of things but it was never dull. He is capable of genuine moments of magic, but he also capable of a calamity or two. I'll enjoy watching him again if he is indeed coming back to SL, but my expectations aren't particularly high.

• Like 2

Miloudi to London Confirmed. Again not a bad signing but i would like to see them sign more players with first grade experience. It seems all they are signing is cheap talented Championship players when they should now be looking at Fringe First graders. Let’s Hope they get Brenko Lee or even Karl Lawton wouldn’t be bad.

21 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Miloudi to London Confirmed. Again not a bad signing but i would like to see them sign more players with first grade experience. It seems all they are signing is cheap talented Championship players when they should now be looking at Fringe First graders. Let’s Hope they get Brenko Lee or even Karl Lawton wouldn’t be bad.

They need experience or it’s gonna be a long season for them. I’m exited to see bill layland and beinek in sl I’d of took both at Salford 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Charlie said:

They need experience or it’s gonna be a long season for them. I’m exited to see bill layland and beinek in sl I’d of took both at Salford 

Yeah Bill Leyland Especially, he’s one of the best young hookers in the world right now. I hope he stays in SL even if London get relegated.

9 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Yeah Bill Leyland Especially, he’s one of the best young hookers in the world right now. I hope he stays in SL even if London get relegated.

You really do have that over-hype angle going on. Are you David Hughes son?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Click said:

You really do have that over-hype angle going on. Are you David Hughes son?

Over Hype ?.

How many 21 year old Hookers are better than Him Currently.

Only Hookers you can definitively put above him are Brad O’Neil and Blake Mozer other than that there a barely any other young Hookers in First Grade. Other Guys Like Deakin, Moriarty and Da Silva are all good but Leyland Edges them.

I would suggest you do Some research before making silly comments.

Edited by NRLandSL

1 minute ago, NRLandSL said:

Over Hype ?.

How many 21 year old Hookers are better than Him Currently.

Only Hookers you can definitively put above him are Brad O’Neil and Blake Mozer other than that there a barely any other young Hookers in First Grade. Other Guys Like Deakin, Moriarty and Da Silva are all good but Leyland Edges them.

I would suggest you do Some research before making silly comments.

He has just won young player of the year in the Championship. Calling him one of the best young hookers in the world when he has never played a game against top quality opponents is almost the definition of over hyping him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Click said:

He has just won young player of the year in the Championship. Calling him one of the best young hookers in the world when he has never played a game against top quality opponents is almost the definition of over hyping him.

Mate I mean no disrespect but you have no idea what you’re talking about.

If he is not one of the best young hookers in the world name 10 other 21 year old Hookers currently Better than him. I do a lot of research on this stuff and Leyland is Undoubtedly one of the best young Hookers on the planet. 

It’s pretty Obvious you have that Biased Australian View Point.

Don’t just speak nonsense unless you have a good argument backing it up. You haven’t told me about Any other young hookers around the world.

Edited by NRLandSL

1 minute ago, NRLandSL said:

Mate I mean no disrespect but you have no idea what you’re talking about.

If he is not one of the best young hookers in the world name 10 other 21 year old Hookers currently Better than him. I do a lot of research on this stuff and Leyland is Undoubtedly one of the best young Hookers on the planet. 

It’s pretty Obvious you have that Biased Australian View Point.

And I think it's pretty obviously that you over-hype almost every London player that has been signed in the last few months. 

I don't need to look into every single academy game in the UK, to look at every SL club and look through their ranks, to look at every NRL club and their young hookers. 

He has never played against top quality opponents, there are lots of players that can perform in the Championship and can't make the move up to SL or any other league. 

I haven't disrespected Leyland, I think he is a very talented player, and potentially he could be a world class player in time, but to say he is one of the best young hookers when he hasn't stepped foot in a full time professional league seems like overhype.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Click said:

And I think it's pretty obviously that you over-hype almost every London player that has been signed in the last few months. 

I don't need to look into every single academy game in the UK, to look at every SL club and look through their ranks, to look at every NRL club and their young hookers. 

He has never played against top quality opponents, there are lots of players that can perform in the Championship and can't make the move up to SL or any other league. 

I haven't disrespected Leyland, I think he is a very talented player, and potentially he could be a world class player in time, but to say he is one of the best young hookers when he hasn't stepped foot in a full time professional league seems like overhype.

There are only 5 Hookers born 2002 or earlier who have ever even played First Grade,  O’Neil, Mozer, Riley Jones, Da Silva and Cain Robb. Bill Leyland Is Easily as good as most of those guys and he is undoubtedly one of the top young Hookers in the world.

You keep saying he is not one of the best young Hookers in the world and then refuse to give me a list of names better than him. 

I usually Don’t mean to offend over hype players I just like to highlight to positive Parts of a signing instead of just calling them Rubbish like most people on this forum.

Edit- Also Hookem, Pemberton and Otukolo have all played First grade but no longer play for a first grade club, and there is Also Chan Kum Tong but I am not sure of his age.

Edited by NRLandSL

On 03/01/2024 at 11:44, phiggins said:

Tristan Sailor to Leigh not happening if Beaumont's Twitter / X posts are anything to go by.

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Jordan Abdull to Catalans on a season long loan.

What a signing for Catalans, Completes there 17, and I can now see Catalans winning the title.

Edited by NRLandSL