Jump to content

2024 Transfer Tracker


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

And you know that how? I love it when people claim insider knowledge to suit their own narrative. Well I claim youre talking rubbish, prove me wrong.

It was reported in the press by Matt Shaw. It was also widely discussed on the Fax message board by people who are involved at the club, some comments were quite damming by the person who helped put together the original contract. It's probably not true though and they were just out to dirty both the player and Wakey's rep. 😉

 

FWIW nobody at the club and nobody I have spoke to had any problem with Walmsley trying to better himself, hell ive mentioned enough on here this past season that I expected him to leave at the end of the year. I think what has caught some people out is that he was always expected to go to a SL side and nobody could have forseen Wakey leveraging their then SL status to get him to make the move to a team that would be playing in the Championship next season. Also Wakefield never walked away from the deal and it looked like it was going to tribunal to decide the outcome. Wakefield not wanting to pay a few K more to sign the championships best player is cheap at best especially as they knew from the beginning exactly how much it would cost and also that Fax were not wanting to negotiate. I guess at that point a smart club would try and unsettle the player rather than simply walk away......

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Ragingbull said:

Says a lot about Fax when players are willing to pay their own way out of the club.  Sounds like big trouble going on down there if players are that desperate to leave. 

Suppose when you finish as far down the table as they did last year its understandable their best player would want to leave. Why would he want to say at a team who struggled last year and stay where it looks even worse for them in 2024

Theres no big trouble just a lack of money and over recent years we have cut our cloth accordingly and this year will be no different. To flip the question, why would he not want to go to a team that is going to win nearly every game next season, probably get another Wembley winners medal to go with the one he picked up for us this season, and play in SL in 2025. No other team in the competition could offer him that and given the chance he would be stupid to turn it down when all Fax have to look forward to is cup final wins against our neighbors.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Click said:

Featherstone have signed Wellington Albert for next year which is a bit of a surprise. I know he was London's highest earner last season and DH and other staff thought he was not close to worth it.

I’m sure London would be pleased to get him off their books. Hopefully he free up some space to make some last few signings, though I have to say I have been really impressed with London’s recruitment. They have not gone overboard but they have still made some really good signings, I’m very excited to see Boafo and Meadows in the SL.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

I’m sure London would be pleased to get him off their books. Hopefully he free up some space to make some last few signings, though I have to say I have been really impressed with London’s recruitment. They have not gone overboard but they have still made some really good signings, I’m very excited to see Boafo and Meadows in the SL.

 

We've signed ex-London juniors that have been in the championship, I imagine the thoughts behind that are:

1 - They are cheaper than Northerners as we don't usually house locals

2 - Hoping they will play above themselves as a group as they have all mostly played together before.

I'm not sure any of them are "really good signings" we'll see. Quite a few signings in key areas to not make it quite so Man Vs Boy next year.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NRLandSL said:

Hankinson To Salford

I assume with Sio gone the Salford outside backs will look like:

2-MacDonald

3-Cross

4-Lafai

5-Burgess

With Ryan and Hankinson as the backups.

Cross to move to the wing, Mcdonald and Lafai in the centre I think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/12/2023 at 15:05, NRLandSL said:

though I have to say I have been really impressed with London’s recruitment. They have not gone overboard but they have still made some really good signings, I’m very excited to see Boafo and Meadows in the SL.

 

I'm all for a bit of positivity but I think this might be one of the most wildly optimistic posts I've seen on here.
London's form took a sharp upturn when they signed Norman and Whare and the fact that they're been unable to retain both of them looks to be their most significant off-season news to date.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I'm all for a bit of positivity but I think this might be one of the most wildly optimistic posts I've seen on here.
London's form took a sharp upturn when they signed Nornam and Whare and the fact that they're been unable to retain both of them looks to be their most significant off-season news to date.

I know but this poster has form. It’s utterly ludicrous and then some.

London are highly unlikely to stay up either on or off the field. There recruitment echos this. They have assembled a team that can just about compete at the lower end. A steam that will give some respectability without bankrupting them for their return to the championship. Anyone who knows the British game can see this.

London did not expect promotion, and their GF win must have been a real double edged sword to its owners. 

Londons SL season is probably the most unwelcome ones in the history of SL. They have effectively been chucked under a bus.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I'm all for a bit of positivity but I think this might be one of the most wildly optimistic posts I've seen on here.
London's form took a sharp upturn when they signed Norman and Whare and the fact that they're been unable to retain both of them looks to be their most significant off-season news to date.

I never made any comment on how London will go, so i'm not sure how I was wildly optimistic. All I commented was Boafo and Meadows being really good singings for cheap money, i'm simply referring to the few singings they've made being good deals.

Edited by NRLandSL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I know but this poster has form. It’s utterly ludicrous and then some.

London are highly unlikely to stay up either on or off the field. There recruitment echos this. They have assembled a team that can just about compete at the lower end. A steam that will give some respectability without bankrupting them for their return to the championship. Anyone who knows the British game can see this.

London did not expect promotion, and their GF win must have been a real double edged sword to its owners. 

Londons SL season is probably the most unwelcome ones in the history of SL. They have effectively been chucked under a bus.

Rugby League has to be the only sport in the world in a which a team outside the heartlands reaching the first division is season is seen as a negative by some. You're being overly pessimistic about a great outcome and season ahead.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

I never made any comment on how London will go, so i'm not sure how I was wildly optimistic. All I commented was Boafo and Meadows being really good singings for cheap money, i'm simply referring to the few singings they've made being good deals.

You said you were really impressed by London's recruitment and cited Meadows and Boafo. If they are what you class as impressive signings for a SL team, I think you're in for some disappointment in 2024.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

You said you were really impressed by London's recruitment and cited Meadows and Boafo. If they are what you class as impressive signings for a SL team, I think you're in for some disappointment in 2024.

Firstly Meadows and Boafo are exceptional players and if you've watched them before you'd know they are defenitly SL quality. 

And again, Yes I am impressed by London's recruitment of quality homegrown players, and again I still have not commented on the signings relative to the rest of SL. I am in no way being optimistic nor pessimistic.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Firstly Meadows and Boafo are exceptional players and if you've watched them before you'd know they are defenitly SL quality. 

They’re both mid table Championship players from what I’ve seen over the past few years. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Rugby League has to be the only sport in the world in a which a team outside the heartlands reaching the first division is season is seen as a negative by some. You're being overly pessimistic about a great outcome and season ahead.

 

Makes no difference. London can’t afford to be in SL, and the IMG criteria means they can’t. There is nothing to be optimistic about, London won’t make the cut, and worst case scenario will be bankrupted by there season in SL.

if the London owners had the money and ambition it could be different, but they don’t.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Makes no difference. London can’t afford to be in SL, and the IMG criteria means they can’t. There is nothing to be optimistic about, London won’t make the cut, and worst case scenario will be bankrupted by there season in SL.

if the London owners had the money and ambition it could be different, but they don’t.

He has the money, perhaps not the ambition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Makes no difference. London can’t afford to be in SL, and the IMG criteria means they can’t. There is nothing to be optimistic about, London won’t make the cut, and worst case scenario will be bankrupted by there season in SL.

if the London owners had the money and ambition it could be different, but they don’t.

At the end of the day a lot of it is about timing and good fortune. Some would argue that Wakey have shown a lack of ambition for a number of years and if these new criteria had come in a season or two earlier then Trinity would have been in danger of going out of business had they failed to make the cut. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

At the end of the day a lot of it is about timing and good fortune. Some would argue that Wakey have shown a lack of ambition for a number of years and if these new criteria had come in a season or two earlier then Trinity would have been in danger of going out of business had they failed to make the cut. 

 

Wouldn't argue with that, however Wakefield are not operating 200 miles from the games heartland. Wakefield like Halifax will always survive, at what level that is tends to be cyclical. London have everything stacked against them, and the only way they can ever break out is with a massive influx of cash. Take what Wakefield are supposedly getting ten times by ten.

I've no issue with a London team, but it's never been done properly. They need to be in North London. They need to be at the very least part owners of a stadium, one with a 10k+ capacity. They in essence need to be a grade A club, and in London, and with a very small existing supporter bases, that will cost someone in London money the best part of 20-30 million pounds.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Derek stated in his recent interview with Leopards TV that Leigh have made another signing that will only be announced when the visa is approved. 

This would mean another overseas player with Leigh not having a free quota spot. Should be interesting to see who this new signing is and who is leaving the club.

My guess would be Nakabuwai being released and with Salford needing a prop and having a quota space him going there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, binosh said:

Derek stated in his recent interview with Leopards TV that Leigh have made another signing that will only be announced when the visa is approved. 

This would mean another overseas player with Leigh not having a free quota spot. Should be interesting to see who this new signing is and who is leaving the club.

My guess would be Nakabuwai being released and with Salford needing a prop and having a quota space him going there?

Could It possibly be another PNG player, I Hope so. If Anyone Morea Morea is a special fullback at 22 years old, would be a phenomenal singing by Leigh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Wouldn't argue with that, however Wakefield are not operating 200 miles from the games heartland. Wakefield like Halifax will always survive, at what level that is tends to be cyclical. London have everything stacked against them, and the only way they can ever break out is with a massive influx of cash. Take what Wakefield are supposedly getting ten times by ten.

I've no issue with a London team, but it's never been done properly. They need to be in North London. They need to be at the very least part owners of a stadium, one with a 10k+ capacity. They in essence need to be a grade A club, and in London, and with a very small existing supporter bases, that will cost someone in London money the best part of 20-30 million pounds.

Why would they need to based in North London?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Click said:

Why would they need to based in North London?

Public transport on weekends has been improved South of the Thames in recent years (London Overground, Superloop etc.), but is still a long way off the connectivity of North London, and with most away supporters coming from the North, that's a factor.

  • Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Public transport on weekends has been improved South of the Thames in recent years (London Overground, Superloop etc.), but is still a long way off the connectivity of North London, and with most away supporters coming from the North, that's a factor.

How many away fans are using public transport when they are travelling from the North into London? 

I just don't understand why being based in a part of London where we have only played for.. 1 season? Out of the last 30 + years. 

But there are also other parts of London than just North & South.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.