Pacific Tournament: Australia, Samoa, NZ

40 minutes ago, Bamboozle said:

Don’t forget PNG V Fiji

That's Sunday.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Is Kangaroos v Kiwis on Sky Sports this Saturday? Can't see it on their website schedules. Was hoping to find a pub in Huddersfield showing it.

Sky Sports Action, according to this: https://www.skysports.com/watch/rugby-league-on-sky 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

27 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Sky Sports Action, according to this: https://www.skysports.com/watch/rugby-league-on-sky 

That also says 8pm. And Action is NFL for a while yet. 

The schedule is a it of a mess, it looks like there are clashes this weekend. 

They have 9 sports channels, only 5 have live sport at that time, but there may not be a channel for the RL. It's a frankly bizarre setup Sky have with sports. Imo they really should just have SS1-10

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That also says 8pm.

I hadn't spotted that. The Sky TV guide doesn't show it as a live match: https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/20231028/4101-1/ 

Women's golf on SS Arena at the time of the match. Very poor by Sky - thankfully there's WatchNRL as an option.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 21/10/2023 at 21:01, 17 stone giant said:

It certainly sets up nicely the Kiwis v Kangaroos matches that are to come. I will be very interested to see how they go.

Do you think the Melbourne game will be played at full intensity with the best 13's starting, or do you think both teams might rest players and try out other players, given that it's now effectively a dress rehearsal for the final a week later?

On 22/10/2023 at 00:18, Dunbar said:

Both sides may give the wider squad a go before choosing their best 17 for the final.

But it will be a good game next week as they are top quality squads and these players want to win.

The Kiwis have named a pretty much full strength 17.

The Kangaroos are resting Haas and big Tino.

• Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 hours ago, Dunbar said:

The Kiwis have named a pretty much full strength 17.

The Kangaroos are resting Haas and big Tino.

love the way both the kangaroos and the kiwis both have their starting line ups named confidently already - unlike SW  who seems to want to keep us guessing as late as possible - naming teams early adds to the excitement and build up - been able to discuss selections and who may do what - edwards over cobbo? really?

• Like 3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

13 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

love the way both the kangaroos and the kiwis both have their starting line ups named confidently already - unlike SW  who seems to want to keep us guessing as late as possible - naming teams early adds to the excitement and build up - been able to discuss selections and who may do what - edwards over cobbo? really?

Agree with this. I very much dislike representative teams announcing 19 man squads in alphabetical order - it's nonsense! Announce the team, you obviously know what it is 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Only at 8pm though, doesn't seem like they are showing it live.

10:05am Sky Sports Arena via Red Button

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

10 minutes ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Only at 8pm though, doesn't seem like they are showing it live.

I can’t even find a channel called Sky Sports Action. I’ve looked through all the Sky Sports Channels several times and can’t find the game anywhere!

28 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

10:05am Sky Sports Arena via Red Button

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/

Although even this doesn't make a lot of sense as the kick off is 12.10pm according to nrl.com.

Anyway, fully expect it to be shown live.

Edited by Dunbar

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Absolutely bizarre when 4 or 5 of their Sky Sports channels have no live sport on. 

It may not be on the red button.  Rugby League on TV says 10.05 while nrl.com has kick off as 12.10.

The sky sports listing are all over the place.  They say the final is 3.00am next Saturday when the kick off is 7.00am.  Unless they are offering 4 hours of detailed build up of course.

• Haha 2

On 24/10/2023 at 08:40, Futtocks said:

I hadn't spotted that. The Sky TV guide doesn't show it as a live match: https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/20231028/4101-1/ 

Women's golf on SS Arena at the time of the match. Very poor by Sky - thankfully there's WatchNRL as an option.

This shows us exactly where RL is in Skys list of importance

Football -> (Cricket, PGA and DP Tour Golf, F1) -> Darts -> Netball -> Womens Golf -> Rugby League

At least its ahead of Union on skys importance list

8 hours ago, Damien said:

A great initiative to engage with fans in Melbourne:

Yeah, it is a great initiative and while it may not have a big crowd turn up, they will get a crowd and importantly probably get a bit of media coverage as well. All of which is  part of infiltrating that`s states` consciousness that we have something that their code can`t offer - you can actually play for your country.

• Like 4