The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Anyway I thought people against IMG were against it for being a 'closed shop', seems a lot of the same people are now complaining that teams can actually move between the leagues.

It's better to move between leagues in a sporting fashion. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Yes, that could happen, but the first transition year always had the ability to throw up a curveball, but funnily enough the system is more than just about what happens at the end of next season.

But it is one hell of a curveball. To have a Super League club knowing it is virtually impossible to stay up, and that club be in an area cited as being of strategic importance. 

• Like 2

Just now, RigbyLuger said:

Fev, if they're confident enough, should name who they think are reporting incorrect attendance figures, rather than make insinuations that damage everyone.

Well it seems they are guilty for this themselves, so they won't. Fev fans are great apparently they don't watch games they just count crowds

57 minutes ago, RP London said:

again... more transparent yes but breaking confidentiality of information rules potentially too.. different if a club wants to put it up as its based on their information but for someone else to that would be another matter.. remember these are private companies. 

When asked today why they weren't publishing the detailed grading figures, Matt Dwyer made no reference to any confidentiality issues.

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Anyway I thought people against IMG were against it for being a 'closed shop', seems a lot of the same people are now complaining that teams can actually move between the leagues.

I thought one argument for getting rid of P&R was that it would create more certainty for clubs to invest in improving themselves both on and off the field? This approach seems to be neither here nor there. Would be better to say 12th placed club goes down, unless they are and A grade and only if the Championship winners achieve a certain score (say, 10)

8 minutes ago, OnStrike said:

For a firm that are supposedly marketing experts, it doesn't bode well that no one really has a clue as to how this is going to work in practice. We've got pages and pages of 'what ifs' here with nearly everyone having a different idea as to what would happen.

What we have is a lot of people under the same misapprehension (that league position can take you up/down/save you). And a lot of people correcting that (over and over again).

This misunderstanding has been corrected many times on many threads over the last six months or so.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, phiggins said:

But it is one hell of a curveball. To have a Super League club knowing it is virtually impossible to stay up, and that club be in an area cited as being of strategic importance. 

It will be interesting to see whether there is any impact on the Broncos' season-ticket sales.

2 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

When asked today why they weren't publishing the detailed grading figures, Matt Dwyer made no reference to any confidentiality issues.

what did he say?

perhaps he didn't think it necessary when you are dealing with private company financial data I would have thought it wouldn't even be a question to be honest, if someone even hinted at something from our financials that I hadnt said they could (as a private company) I'd be livid.

2 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

It will be interesting to see whether there is any impact on the Broncos' season-ticket sales.

That could be difficult to decipher:

They should be up because of promotion, but possibly down due to the grading, however we have no previous SL season at Plough Lane to compare with.

6 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I thought one argument for getting rid of P&R was that it would create more certainty for clubs to invest in improving themselves both on and off the field? This approach seems to be neither here nor there. Would be better to say 12th placed club goes down, unless they are and A grade and only if the Championship winners achieve a certain score (say, 10)

It does give certainty to those clubs that achieve the status that grants them that it also gives a clear indication on where clubs need to improve to achieve that status.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

Bound to positive you would think.

I wonder if London will be the Saturday night closer at Magic v Wigan?

I am really waiting for next year when a Bradford club who finishes 4th or 5th in champ, and a Tolouse club who finish 3rd replace Cas and London, and Fev and Wakey miss out.

I live in 200 miles south of Yorkshire, but I bet I'll be able to hear the heads exploding from my house

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Wakefield could get a higher on field performance score over the three years for finishing 10th, 12th and Championship / 1895 winners. Than Leigh do for finishing Championship / 1895 winners, 5th / CC winners and wherever they finish next season. It's a bonkers stipulation on the bonus points.

Titles and cup points drop off from seasons 1 and 2 of the three.  They will only count for 2024, so Leigh will lose the CC points and wigan the GF.  Leigh will have had no points for Champ winners and 1895 cup

Here we go again .....

Just now, DemonUK said:

Titles and cup points drop off from seasons 1 and 2 of the three.  They will only count for 2024, so Leigh will lose the CC points and wigan the GF.  Leigh will have had no points for Champ winners and 1895 cup

That is precisely my point. It will be very difficult to look at Leigh and Wakefield's on field performance over the three seasons and conclude that Wakefield were stronger. But it is a distinct possibility if they win the 1895 cup and Championship final, purely based on timing.

10 minutes ago, OnStrike said:

For a firm that are supposedly marketing experts, it doesn't bode well that no one really has a clue as to how this is going to work in practice. We've got pages and pages of 'what ifs' here with nearly everyone having a different idea as to what would happen.

It is undeniable that IMG are marketing experts. For example: How IMG spreads Premier League’s global brand – from a trading estate near Heathrow | Premier League | The Guardian

And IMG (company) - Wikipedia

The pages and pages of "what-ifs" on this forum are in so many ways matters of opinion and argument amongst fans and thus disconnected from the IMG project.