The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

3 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I don't know if I'd be done, purely because a Sunday afternoon at the rugby with a few of my mates would still be good. But it would be pretty unpalatable if we are relegated based on a metrics system that is including data collected before the system was even known about.

I have tried to explain the system to some people at work, who are in London, who were perplexed by it.

When this IMG sh-ite gets more notice other than just with anoraks like us who populate this site there will lot more derision, and I will repeat again Higgy my suspicion will be by a lot of Leigh fans if they get demoted.

Mr B was one of the cheerleaders for IMG but it could be his investment of the last 2 years and next and his 5 year plan could be scuppered, I would not blame him one bit if he also gave it up.

I wouldn't be to sure if I was you what you would be watching come 2025.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's already been mentioned/discussed in the previous 94 pages, but in the recent podcast Martyn Saddler talked about the idea of the lowest Grade B team being relegated from SL next season, as opposed to it being definitely London because of the gradings thing.

So it would be the lowest placed out of Salford, Castleford, Leigh, London, and Huddersfield.

4 hours ago, Leonard said:

Are there points for the WCC?

I thought IMG really raised the profile of St Helens, though.🙄

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/22925843.saints-chairman-eamonn-mcmanus-backs-img-recommendations-rugby-league/ 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

26 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Imagine explaining this to a group of people who up to this point have shown no interest in rugby league.  I bet this will really kick start their interest.  Its probably best for the game that its profile is so low.

I have endeavoured to explain it to people who have an interest in Rugby League but are not aware of IMG, they look at me as if I have just kicked them in the nether regions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Imagine explaining this to a group of people who up to this point have shown no interest in rugby league.  I bet this will really kick start their interest.  Its probably best for the game that its profile is so low.

Why would you even do this anyway? I'd say talking about structures isn't the best way to interest anyone in any sport. Most people see a sport and if they like it begin to watch it more. They couldn't give a damn about stuff like this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have endeavoured to explain it to people who have an interest in Rugby League but are not aware of IMG, they look at me as if I have just kicked them in the nether regions.

Yet I’ve explained it to a colleague today who wasn’t aware of it and he thought it sounded a sensible way forward for RL.

great these anecdotes aren’t they. I suspect how I explained it and you explained it was framed differently because we hold different views.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Not sure if it's already been mentioned/discussed in the previous 94 pages, but in the recent podcast Martyn Saddler talked about the idea of the lowest Grade B team being relegated from SL next season, as opposed to it being definitely London because of the gradings thing.

So it would be the lowest placed out of Salford, Castleford, Leigh, London, and Huddersfield.

Just next season? 

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

When this IMG sh-ite gets more notice other than just with anoraks like us who populate this site there will lot more derision, and I will repeat again Higgy my suspicion will be by a lot of Leigh fans if they get demoted.

Mr B was one of the cheerleaders for IMG but it could be his investment of the last 2 years and next and his 5 year plan could be scuppered, I would not blame him one bit if he also gave it up.

I wouldn't be to sure if I was you what you would be watching come 2025.

May I add I wonder if loss of fans has been factored in by IMG, or if all this is a premeditated calculated exercise for SL to break away and go it alone, having all those poor clubs hanging on the shirt tails will not be conducive to making a good profit and payback for IMG in another 10 years time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Yet I’ve explained it to a colleague today who wasn’t aware of it and he thought it sounded a sensible way forward for RL.

great these anecdotes aren’t they. I suspect how I explained it and you explained it was framed differently because we hold different views.

I explained it to a friend a few days ago and their response was, “So how are they [the RFL] going to muck [they did not say muck] it up this time, then?”

Odd how people quite often have conversations they find fun with people with similar outlooks.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I didn't make the sows ear look like a silk purse though Chris. I just gave the plain facts, did you?

13 minutes ago, Damien said:

Why would you even do this anyway? I'd say talking about structures isn't the best way to interest anyone in any sport. Most people see a sport and if they like it begin to watch it more. They couldn't give a damn about stuff like this.

I thought the idea was to attract new people to the sport.  I'm sure the people I'm talking about have already decided  they don't care for the sport as it stands. Maybe telling them it's now about a spreadsheet will win them over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

2 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

I thought the idea was to attract new people to the sport.  I'm sure the people I'm talking about have already decided  they don't care for the sport as it stands. Maybe telling them it's now about a spreadsheet will win them over.

Good point, perhaps they like many on this site have a profound dislike of a sporting contest to decide the teams that would swop divisions, instead of ticking a box that has no connection at all to competition.

7 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

It’s not about a spreadsheet though is it, there are actually games going to be played

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Strawman stuff.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

The way youve just framed it would lead me to believe you didn’t just give ‘plain facts’

Yes I just told him how the grading system works.

I told them that the next time you see a switch in divisions by teams, one has already been demoted (London) even before they have kicked a ball, and there could be another demoted who may finish in a higher position than others, how does that work they say, I give them the link to the IMG, to look for themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

I told them that the next time you see a switch in divisions by teams, one has already been demoted (London) even before they have kicked a ball, and there could be another demoted who may finish in a higher position than others, how does that work they say, I give them the link to the IMG, to look for themselves.

I also mentioned London next year and they still thought it was sensible, as I say funny these anecdotes aren’t they.