The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

2 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Only last season, isn’t the grading over 3 seasons.

Up the Trin

Love this Club 

Love this City 

Pretty sure it's impossible for Wakefield to have a higher average league position, over the 2022/3/4 seasons. But they could get a better performance score with the bonus points on offer for 1895 cup and Championship final

29 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Only way Leigh will be out is if they have a Wakefield 2023 esque season, under a P&R system they would've been relegated anyway.

Difficult to say with any certainty because Leigh have chosen not to release the breakdown of their score. But we know it's impossible for Leigh to improve their attendance score, and even maintaining the performance score will be difficult given the 0.25 cup bonus drops off. So have to hope there are score improvements coming in the less visible areas because it will be needed given the other clubs' scores

31 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Only way Leigh will be out is if they have a Wakefield 2023 esque season, under a P&R system they would've been relegated anyway.

I doubt they will finish bottom Mr P but there are categories they won't improve on, and another thing which I don't quite understand if points are allotted on a 3 year rolling average why crop the points for winning comps and only have them for the season just gone, you Wakey may well get points next year for winning the Championship GF and 1895 which will go towards your SL status, but Leigh won't get anything for winnng both those in '22 and also winning the CC '23 which are within the 3 years that points can be won and lost.

Can one of the pro IMG lobby explain that please?

21 minutes ago, phiggins said:

So have to hope there are score improvements coming in the less visible areas because it will be needed given the other clubs' scores

You'd imagine revenues would be up given the greater interest/attendances plus sponsorship values of being in SL vs Championship.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I doubt they will finish bottom Mr P but there are categories they won't improve on, and another thing which I don't quite understand if points are allotted on a 3 year rolling average why crop the points for winning comps and only have them for the season just gone, you Wakey may well get points next year for winning the Championship GF and 1895 which will go towards your SL status, but Leigh won't get anything for winnng both those in '22 and also winning the CC '23 which are within the 3 years that points can be won and lost.

Can one of the pro IMG lobby explain that please?

It's seems counter productive, but I guess the idea is to have strong clubs irrespective of on field success. 

Edited by PREPOSTEROUS

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Nailed on Bob, just realised that my club finished in a higher position last season than the other 4 'B's in SL ahead of us on the spreadsheet plus Toulouse, plus 3 'A' graders, and we will most likely start 2025 in the Championship even if we finish ahead of all those again next season. That can't be right can it?

No and I absolutely think that part of the grading is wrong. As I’ve said previously there is so little between 6-8 clubs at the bottom of SL and the top of the championship that p and r  between B’s should’ve been retained. That way on field performance is still having a big say in the make up of SL. I seem to remember that being the original proposal does anyone know why that was changed?.

4 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

No and I absolutely think that part of the grading is wrong. As I’ve said previously there is so little between 6-8 clubs at the bottom of SL and the top of the championship that p and r  between B’s should’ve been retained. That way on field performance is still having a big say in the make up of SL. I seem to remember that being the original proposal does anyone know why that was changed?.

I don't recall it ever being part of the package Bob, that is why I have always been against this system, I always maintained that if my club was locked into a Closed Shop I wouldn't bother getting a season ticket, with the best persuasion that some say there ARE NOT going to be any games of no consequence, there definitely will be when teams half way through season with nothing to play for meet in fixtures, I would sooner be in a relegation battle and witness a competitive contest.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Nailed on Bob, just realised that my club finished in a higher position last season than the other 4 'B's in SL ahead of us on the spreadsheet plus Toulouse, plus 3 'A' graders, and we will most likely start 2025 in the Championship even if we finish ahead of all those again next season. That can't be right can it?

If that situation does happen,I don't envy whoever has to go in front of a TV camera and try to explain the logic behind it.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If it's Tony Sutton it won't matter, he has not a clue what he is saying so the rest of us will have no chance.

Come on Harry he was appointed after a global search so must be the right man for the job

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

You'd imagine revenues would be up given the greater interest/attendances plus sponsorship values of being in SL vs Championship.

Hopefully, but I don't know how close they are to gaining any extra points there. Looking at the handbook, it looks similar to the attendances scoring, where you'll need to be borderline on one of the bands to have a chance of increasing your score the following year, given how broad the bands are and the fact they are averaged over 3 years. So revenues might be up, but probably won't be reflected in the scoring.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

So, the RFL have paid 450,000 to IMG for their work so far. Is this true or a rumour?

It's as reliable as anything on this forum.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

On 20/11/2023 at 09:42, Harry Stottle said:

Another with all the right qualifications that was already in the building😉

He is an accountant/finance guy and a decent bloke.  His father was the same.  

Seems he was in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time however, I would prefer leaders of organisations not to be finance based.  Just seem to be numbers driven and outside of that garbage.  No strong views though.

• Like 1