New drama

18 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

So Salford get the deal they want (bar takings, car park etc) will they then pay full rent, and if so, doesn't the extra income get cancelled out, therefore leaving them in precisely the same perilous state they are now in? 

No. Rent is negotiable. depending on market forces and it's communicant value.

2 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

I'm still confused.

Ask away or go back and read my responses on here.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

This is false and incorrect. 

Be patient kids, these things take time.

It can't be that far from the truth, the only statement that I have read from the council or a councillor (I cannot recall his exact position) didn't exactly give the impression that they were best pleased with their current relationship with SRD. They even mentioned how Sale had been good tenants in contrast.

Unless you have something else that might give another impression? 

Doesn't the tenancy run out December 1st, we're fast approaching the end of November, I am not sure if SRD have that much time.

3 hours ago, dboy said:

Only Salford could think paying the rent is negotiable!!! 🤣

I can only hope he means that in the re-negotiations of Salford getting more bar takings, etc. they will also be able to negotiate to pay less rent on top of that.

Let’s be realistic and honest, there is a lot of goodwill towards Salford on here, and elsewhere. But this patronising “enjoy the good weather and worry about something else kids” guff is absolutely insulting. There is a problem here. 
We were assured all was well relatively recently but again, something isn’t quite right. Probably best blame the council. 

• Like 3

Will  Salford have completed a risk assessment regarding the possible loss of venue and have in place a Disaster Plan to protect at least their playing offer ? A normal requirement of most businesses these days. Maybe that aspect is being considered by the RFL under the Special Measures.

A temporary  solution  until security of tenure is acquired for the A J Bell could be the 6500  capacity modern and under - used Manchester Regional Arena literally next door to RFL Headquarters or the even better state of the Art Joie Stadium  across the road ( 5000 seats and another 2000 standing ). Would not go down well with Salford fans though........

On 09/11/2023 at 20:27, Monkeymagic22 said:

I feel bad for Salford, they’ve done so many good things, with some superb recruitment. Alas, there probably wouldn’t have been and issue if they could have stayed at the Willows. Hopefully something can be sorted out for them, to survive and keep their rightful place in SL.

Well of course you can recruit well if you don’t pay the rent, what part of this sham don’t you get?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

Let’s be realistic and honest, there is a lot of goodwill towards Salford on here, and elsewhere. But this patronising “enjoy the good weather and worry about something else kids” guff is absolutely insulting. There is a problem here. 
We were assured all was well relatively recently but again, something isn’t quite right. Probably best blame the council. 

I have to say that's a bit of a stretch. Subjectively, I feel there's a outpouring of negativity towards Salford  Lose Salford, and the forces of isolationism will have won. 

5 hours ago, del capo said:

Will  Salford have completed a risk assessment regarding the possible loss of venue and have in place a Disaster Plan to protect at least their playing offer ? A normal requirement of most businesses these days. Maybe that aspect is being considered by the RFL under the Special Measures.

A temporary  solution  until security of tenure is acquired for the A J Bell could be the 6500  capacity modern and under - used Manchester Regional Arena literally next door to RFL Headquarters or the even better state of the Art Joie Stadium  across the road ( 5000 seats and another 2000 standing ). Would not go down well with Salford fans though........

There was talk of moving in with the football team a bit back, is that dead in the water now?

20 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I have to say that's a bit of a stretch. Subjectively, I feel there's a outpouring of negativity towards Salford  Lose Salford, and the forces of isolationism will have won. 

Sorry but that’s way off. This hasn’t happened overnight and people are not just jumping on Salford for fun, it’s been going on some time with reneged debts and unpaid rents….pointing this out is not being negative. 
I *like* Salford, on the field they are an asset to the game and I hope they can get out of this current mess. But blaming all and sundry without looking in the mirror is not the way to go about it. 

Edited by The Masked Poster
  • Like 1

I don't want to see Salford fail. The last few years have been awful to watch Trinity, so I have found myself rooting for Salford in their push against the big boys, I love the way they play the game.

Needless to say, they have been flying by the seat of theor pants financially which was always going to catch up with them. The latest play is another to get them over the next six months or so before all the upfront sky money is used up and some other avenue will have to be found, but they have pretty much exhausted most options now.

1 minute ago, The Masked Poster said:

I’ve seen people on here saying they hope Bradford go under, for example, but not Salford. Where has anyone said that?

Wishing any club to go under, explicitly or by implication, is not in my view acceptable. As Schopenhauer remarked, "If it quacks like a duck, if it walks like a duck, if it looks like a duck,there's a good chance it's a duck."

13 hours ago, Segovia Carpet said:

The club are negotiating a new lease where they take income from Car Parks, Commercial Sales & Pre & Post matchday income which in the past went to Salford Council.

When I went to Salford last season we sat outside on the benches where the food trucks are sited and a small stage with a girl singing, these food trucks all look independently owned not council run, I should imagine the council charges site fees for the privilege so how will the club make money from these?

I also sat at a table with 2 Salford fans who were bemoaning being charged £10 to park their car outside the stadium, they said that they love to visit my club with ample FREE parking on site at the ground.

My clubs ground also being independently owned the club does not make a penny from food and drink sales from the kiosks inside the ground, albeit I am not sure where the profits go for the pre and post match hospitality.

Just for my curiosity can you tell me what the 'rent' is that SRD are asked to pay the council and are they in arrears if so by how much.