5 Franco( SL)/Walmsley

6: Gale (SL)/Kay (SL)

7: Lino (SL)/Lawford

Props: Bowden(SL), Atoni(SL/NRL), Bain (NRL), Shaw

Hookers: Hood(SL), Doyle, Smith

Backrow: Ashurst (SL), Pitts (SL), Griffin (SL), Boothroyd, Cozza

I think we need a 1 X FB, 1 X WINGER, 1 X HB, 2 X PROP, 1 LF, 2 X BR

That's a starting squad of 32.

The interesting bit is the quality of the remaining 8 signings.

Massive favourites at this stage.

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Tad early for Trinity, but so far (SL) = SL experience

1: Jowitt (SL)

2: McGillvary (SL)

3: Thornley (SL)/Pratt

4: Croft (SL)/Law

5 Franco( SL)/Walmsley

Injuries/selections permitting, you will probably have regular access to Hampshire, Mago, Harvie Hill, Tiaki Chan and Junior Nsemba as well. I'd imagine Mike Cooper will do a spell with Wakefield as well when he is ready to return.

For Wire I'd guess at

Dufty

Thewlis

Tai

King

Ashton

Williams

Drinkwater

Vaughan

Walker

Musgrove

Currie

Fitzgibbon

Nicholson

Powell

Philbin

Kasiano

Harrison

Main Squad cover: Ratchford (FB/CEN/Half), Matty Russel (Wing), Connor Wrench & Wes Bruines (Wing / CEN), Leon Hayes (Half), Dwyer (Hooker) Dudson, Crowther, Bullock, Lucas Green (Prop / 13)

Could easily see Tai on the wing in place of Thewlis and / or Ratchford at centre ahead of Tai, plus I still think there is movement to be made in the squad Kasiano & Dudson could well be moved on, as could Dwyer. Oli Partington and the 3rd coming of Mikaele have all been rumoured.

20 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds is looking something like this

1. Miller

2 Fusitua

3. Newman

4. Momorovski

5. Handley

6. Croft

7. Frawley

8. Oledski

9. Ackers

10. Holroyd

11. Bentley/Macdonnel

12. Martin

13. Smith

14. OConner

15. Lisone

16. Sangare

17. Gannon/goudemand

IMO were short of a prop but that is the best 17 Leeds have had since 2017.

Looks weak for mine tbh. Leeds seemed to have lost their way 

• Like 3

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

On 13/11/2023 at 12:57, East Hull Robins said:

I think you will us see us at rovers line up along the lines of 

1)Hiku

2)Evalds

3)Opacic

4)Gildart

5)Hall

6)Lewis

7)Abdull

8)Whitbred

9)Parcell

10)King

11)batchelor

12)tanginoa

13)minchella 

bench of 

14) May

15) Litten

16) luckley 

17)Sue 

hadley, storton, C Hall, butterworth, Senior, PLT amongst first line reserves

Will be interesting to see how Peters manages the squad there, where Hiku, Lewis, Abdull, May, Parcell, Litten and Minchella all likely to be expecting prominent roles in the spine of 1,6,7,9&13. Evalds probably prefers to play at 1 as well. 

18 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

We have been the quietist on the new recruit front - Leigh - but expect 2 more additions one will be a half but as of today

O Brien

Briscoe Hardaker Leutele Charnley

Mellor Lam

amone Ipape Mulhern 

Halton O Donnell 

Asiata

Trout Norman Holmes Smith

Would like to see another outside back come in, for the right hand side. Never been convinced by the combination of Hardaker and Briscoe. They've both done very good things individually this year, but not sure Hardaker has even assisted a Briscoe try this year. Hope Halton has better luck with injuries in '24.

8 minutes ago, muckymunksy said:

Cas for me work in progress young side these days. 

Hooley 

QQ

Simms

Broadbent 

Wood

Milnes 

Richardson 

Watts 

Mcshane 

Namo 

Putt 

El Zakkem 

Westerman 

Subs 

Horne 

Tasipeele

Mustapha 

Mellor/Lawler 

That's not a bad thing though. When I looked at your squad at the start of last year my main thought was how old it was. All of your best players were well past their prime. I don't expect that team to be challenging for the playoffs but a reset and some young blood was much needed.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Both Wigan and Leeds looking the teams to beat next year. 

Wigan yes. Leeds, no. They look good through the spine, but the backs are a mixed bag and the pack looks a bit weak to me. A playoff team maybe if they get a fair wind, but definitely not a "team to beat."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Tad early for Trinity, but so far (SL) = SL experience

1: Jowitt (SL)

2: McGillvary (SL)

3: Thornley (SL)/Pratt

4: Croft (SL)/Law

5 Franco( SL)/Walmsley

As far as Championship squads go that looks very good. Its arguably better than what you had last year.

I also didn't mention when I picked the Hull team that young French prop Damel Diakhate could potentially work his way into contention with a good pre season. The spot that I've given to Jack Brown is very much up for grabs, and Tony Smith has already been singing his praises. 

He had a trial with us last year and we gave him a first team contract despite him only playing a game and a half and picking up a season ending injury. He obviously made quite an impression in that short time.

Mitieli Vulikijapani should also be nearing fitness and will provide some cover/competition for the back line.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

Wigan yes. Leeds, no. They look good through the spine, but the backs are a mixed bag and the pack looks a bit weak to me. A playoff team maybe if they get a fair wind, but definitely not a "team to beat."

As a Leeds fan it’s all a bit of a leap into the unknown as it’s such a big overhaul but as I day I still think on paper it’s the best squad weve had in years

16 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

As a Leeds fan it’s all a bit of a leap into the unknown as it’s such a big overhaul but as I day I still think on paper it’s the best squad weve had in years

I agree it's an improvement on recent years, I was just responding to bobbruce's claim that it's one of the two teams to beat. I'd say it's a good side but with a few holes and weaknesses.

2 hours ago, muckymunksy said:

Cas for me work in progress young side these days. 

Hooley 

QQ

Simms

Broadbent 

Wood

Milnes 

Richardson 

Watts 

Mcshane 

Namo 

Putt 

El Zakkem 

Westerman 

Subs 

Horne 

Tasipeele

Mustapha 

Mellor/Lawler 

Is that he Hooley who was at Leeds last year.

I assume your joking about it being a young team, there are some seriously past it players in that lot.

4 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Is that he Hooley who was at Leeds last year.

I assume your joking about it being a young team, there are some seriously past it players in that lot.

Tbf there's only really Watts there that I'd say is really past it. McShane and Westerman are obviously past their prime too but are still decent players. Last year they were dad's army. At least they have a bit of young blood in there this year.

10 hours ago, phiggins said:

Would like to see another outside back come in, for the right hand side. Never been convinced by the combination of Hardaker and Briscoe. They've both done very good things individually this year, but not sure Hardaker has even assisted a Briscoe try this year. Hope Halton has better luck with injuries in '24.

Right is defence left is attack, FH adds to the left on both counts. Hanley and Derbyshire are the unknowns but we look stronger should we mail that elusive marquee 6

Edited by sweaty craiq

York looking fairly strong all over the field, could do with another forward I reckon but we've finally got some strength in depth. Get this lot firing and we'll be right up there.

1. Will Dagger

2. Joe Brown

3. Jimmy Kienhorst

4. Levi Edwards

5. AJ Towse

6. Richie Myler

7. Liam Harris

8. Brenden Santi

9. Will Jubb

10. Conor Fitzsimmons

11. Oli Field

12. Bailey Antrobus

13. Jordan Thompson

14. Taylor Pemberton

15. Jack Teanby

16. Ukuma Ta'ai

17. Ronan Michael

That's leaving out James Cunningham, Josh Daley, Jesse Dee, Myles Harrison, Ata Hingano, Nikau Williams who are all very good Championship players, plus we've got a good selection of youth coming through as well to keep the pressure on. 

• Like 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 15/11/2023 at 01:10, sweaty craiq said:

Right is defence left is attack, FH adds to the left on both counts. Hanley and Derbyshire are the unknowns but we look stronger should we mail that elusive marquee 6

By FH, do you mean Frankie Halton? Can't see him being on the left in place of O'Donnell. Yes, most teams have their best attacks down the left, but there was quite a lot of Instances where a pass would go behind or too far in front of the winger, and we didn't defend kicks to that side very well.

Also, O'Brien, Charnley, Luetele, Hardaker and Briscoe are all the wrong side of 30, and out of contract at the end of 2024. Ideally we'd see a new player emerge in that backline this year

Still expecting a few more signings for the Dons but my 17 (so far) would be:

1. Elliot Hall

2. Tom Halliday

3. Brad Hey

4. Reece Lyne

5. Luke Briscoe

6. Ben Johnston

7. Connor Robinson

8. Alex Holdstock

9. Greg Burns

10. Brad Knowles

11. Sam Smeaton

12. Brett Ferres

13. Loui McConnell

14. Watson Boas

15. Keelan Foster

16. Suaia Matagi

17. Alex Sutcliffe

Craig Hall, Jason Tali, Misi Taulapapa, Jose Kenga so far. 

Expect another 4 or 5 bringing squad up to 25/26.  A new forward signing is expected tomorrow...

Edited by Rene_Artois
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, phiggins said:

By FH, do you mean Frankie Halton? Can't see him being on the left in place of O'Donnell. Yes, most teams have their best attacks down the left, but there was quite a lot of Instances where a pass would go behind or too far in front of the winger, and we didn't defend kicks to that side very well.

Also, O'Brien, Charnley, Luetele, Hardaker and Briscoe are all the wrong side of 30, and out of contract at the end of 2024. Ideally we'd see a new player emerge in that backline this year

Meant right for Frankie. We will be hoping Hanley or Derbyshire come through imo and I would also be looking to get Roberts back for 2025

2 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

I think Salford will go with

1. TBC

2. TBC

3. TBC

4 TBC

5. TBC

6. TBC

7. TBC

8. TBC

9. TBC

10. TBC

11. TBC

12. TBC

13. TBC

14. TBC

15. TBC

16. TBC

17. TBC

They've just signed AN Other. and A Trialist.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas