Roughyeds TV

sheddingswasus

How many of you watch this in YouTube?  There are some great old games and interviews on there. 

More importantly, the club need people to subscribe to the channel (totally free). They currently have 398 subscribers. When they get to 1000, and get 4000 hours views, the club can monitarise it and get some income. 

Helps the clubs coffers and helps with the IMG ratings 

Edited by sheddingswasus
  • Like 8

I think I've seen every game that's on YouTube. Some games like the hull kr and Australia match scores of times. I've even watched the Oldham v Swinton match fro 1901 a few times. This was purportedly the very first rugby match, of either code, to be filmed. 

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot

37 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

I think I've seen every game that's on YouTube. Some games like the hull kr and Australia match scores of times. I've even watched the Oldham v Swinton match fro 1901 a few times. This was purportedly the very first rugby match, of either code, to be filmed. 

It is the earliest footage. It is from the Mitchell and Kenyon collection 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

"There's Ellery Hanley, sick as a parrot". 😂

I'm sorry, I stand corrected. "There's Ellery Hanley, sick as a pig". 😂.

I remember in the club after one lad stood with hands on hips and mockingly did the Sean Edwards double nod towards the Wigan fans brave enough to come in.

Also Same team that ran Australia close.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 4

Oldham V Wigan - Paddy Kirwin's pie eater sickener.

What a night that was. Crowd attendance more than 10,000.

And I was there. 'Upstairs'. Behind the sticks. Screaming and shouting. Couldn't speak the next day. 

Complete pandemonium when the ref. blew his whistle.

Oh, what we wouldn't give for a return to the days when we could play, and beat, the very best teams.

But, now we're on our way back up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ArthurO said:

And I was there. 'Upstairs'. Behind the sticks. Screaming and shouting. 

Arthur, what did you call that upstairs area?

When I was a regular at Watersheddings, everyone I knew called it the Pigeon Loft.

I subsequently found out is was the Hutchins Stand, but in all the years I lived in Oldham I never heard that name.

I did see a photo of it before the ground was demolished, and it was fitted with seats! Was that a health and safety issue?

Edited by Pigeon Lofter

6 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Arthur, what did you called that upstairs area?

When I was a regular at Watersheddings, everyone I knew called it the Pigeon Loft.

I subsequently found out is was the Hutchins Stand, but in all the years I lived in Oldham I never heard that name.

I did see a photo of it before the ground was demolished, and it was full of seats! Was that a health and safety issue?

It was called the Penny Rush

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

I did see a photo of it before the ground was demolished, and it was fitted with seats! Was that a health and safety issue?

The seats were a health and safety requirement, fir the use of spectators who fainted if Oldham won two on the trot and the temperature was above freezing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

We just called it 'Upstairs'. Because we were 'Upstairs' above the 'Penny Rush' in the Hutchins Stand.

No seating anywhere in that Stand. 

In fact I began my formative years at 'Sheddings, as all little boys seemed to do at that time by sitting on the lowest step of the stairs nearest to the entrance/turnstiles. Big crowds in those days. My dad, his brothers in the Herbert Street Stand and the local Policemen on game-day, could keep their eyes on us as the game was played. I moved up a step as each year passed before I got to the top.

Then I spent many, many, happy hours standing 'Upstairs' and under cover without getting wet.  Leaning over the front edge. Shouting encouragement to our lads near the try-line or abuse at the opposition near the try-line. Banging on the front boards, waving scarves and banners to off-put the opposition's goal kickers.

It also seemed a lot warmer up there, 'inside' so to speak, as the temperature never much dropped below minus 10 degrees centigrade.

Luxury, or what ? 

Never to be forgotten.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, ArthurO said:

We just called it 'Upstairs'. Because we were 'Upstairs' above the 'Penny Rush' in the Hutchins Stand.

No seating anywhere in that Stand. 

In fact I began my formative years at 'Sheddings, as all little boys seemed to do at that time by sitting on the lowest step of the stairs nearest to the entrance/turnstiles. Big crowds in those days. My dad, his brothers in the Herbert Street Stand and the local Policemen on game-day, could keep their eyes on us as the game was played. I moved up a step as each year passed before I got to the top.

Then I spent many, many, happy hours standing 'Upstairs' and under cover without getting wet.  Leaning over the front edge. Shouting encouragement to our lads near the try-line or abuse at the opposition near the try-line. Banging on the front boards, waving scarves and banners to off-put the opposition's goal kickers.

It also seemed a lot warmer up there, 'inside' so to speak, as the temperature never much dropped below minus 10 degrees centigrade.

Luxury, or what ? 

Never to be forgotten.

Who said nostalgia aint what it used to be?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

I was looking at Roughyeds TV on YouTube last night watching the excellent match presentation from the club and the professionalism of the production. 

Looking at it there are 641 subscribers. The club need 1000 to start to earn money from the channel. Is is totally FREE to subscribe. It all helps the club. 

So they need 359 more. Can you help them?  If you have two emails then subscribe with both!  

once they hit the 1000 mark they get revenue off all the videos on there including any old content.

it is an easy way to support the club and enjoy the Roughyeds all over again

s also helps the club with the IMG rating  

• Like 2