Superleague fixtures

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

As a Sky Sports subscriber, I'm ultimatrly interested in whether I can watch every SL game for my subscription. 

It seems to be quite difficult to get an answer to that doesn't it. 

It does and I think the obvious reason why is because there is no answer yet.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I think London have 7 or 8 of their away fixtures on a Friday.

My dad is already regretting promotion, he enjoyed his weekend train trips t'up North which aren't going to be happening on Friday nights.

I don't want to hear any comments about our away fans fitting in a taxi on a Friday night 😂

• Haha 1

No doubt, some of us will, at least on occasions when two or three games are being played concurrently,, watch one match live and then a second (and maybe third) which we have recorded or can retrieve in some way.

I hope that, in such situations, there is no update on the latest scores in the other matches - or at least warn viewers to 'look away now' while, with no sound, those latest scores are shown.

I would hope that requirement is written into the TV contract.

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

No doubt, some of us will, at least on occasions when two or three games are being played concurrently,, watch one match live and then a second (and maybe third) which we have recorded or can retrieve in some way.

I hope that, in such situations, there is no update on the latest scores in the other matches - or at least warn viewers to 'look away now' while, with no sound, those latest scores are shown.

I would hope that requirement is written into the TV contract.

The numbers doing a 'Likely Lads' as you describe will be dwarfed by those wanting and expecting updates from the other games.

You will not get your wish.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

The numbers doing a 'Likely Lads' as you describe will be dwarfed by those wanting and expecting updates from the other games.

I would settle for the 'look away now' option, which should keep everybody happy.

44 minutes ago, M j M said:

If this was televised widely then it would be a better case. When the games are online or on app only there is no serious reason to change to sub-optimal kick off times. We need to live in the real world sometimes.

If that's the case was it really worth sacrificing ££££s from the Sky deal?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Am loving the 'Likely Lads' reference . All we need now is one of these games to be postponed 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I would settle for the 'look away now' option, which should keep everybody happy.

I’m going to ask for updates to be projected via lasers onto the pitch.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If that's the case was it really worth sacrificing ££££s from the Sky deal?

Sacrificing for what, Sky covering all games in broadcast quality? That has obvious other benefits including real commercial potential. But the ability to stick some of them on OurLeague is a relatively minor one.

8 minutes ago, phiggins said:

"Look away now" before reading out the scores...

its amazing that phrase was coined even before the popularity of the video recorder - these days with so many watch later - record and catch up options why do they feel the need to spoil it for so many by telling you other scores - the nz v aus match on the same day as the eng v tonga match was a prime example - dave woods was hell bent on ruining  it for anyone who didnt get up at 4 am and wanted to watch it later- and believe me, watching aus get thumped without knowing the score was brilliant  RL viewing 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

Sacrificing for what, Sky covering all games in broadcast quality? That has obvious other benefits including real commercial potential. But the ability to stick some of them on OurLeague is a relatively minor one.

It was implied the deal was less due to Sky investing the coverage of the extra games. If those games are not getting maximum exposure was it really worth it? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M j M said:

If this was televised widely then it would be a better case. When the games are online or on app only there is no serious reason to change to sub-optimal kick off times. We need to live in the real world sometimes.

I think that's fair. But I suppose there is  disappointment that it's becoming clear that that isn't the plan. The fanfare around 'every game live on Sky' is looking more and more like a technicality. 

It's more baby stones than the transformational deal we were told. 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Please explain, I have not a clue what the same as the RU premiership in effect means.

They have two or three games on TV like us, the other two or three on their app (subscription or PPV). Games don't all have their own slot. 

It would have been nice to have an NRL style approach imo, but it does look like the RU model. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

They have two or three games on TV like us, the other two or three on their app (subscription or PPV). Games don't all have their own slot. 

It would have been nice to have an NRL style approach imo, but it does look like the RU model. 

Do we think then that people are going to be asked to fork out for a Sky subscription and an Our League type subscription or PPV?

That wasn’t what I hoped for tbh when the ‘every match’ angle was revealed.

Especially in today’s economic climate.

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Do we think then that people are going to be asked to fork out for a Sky subscription and an Our League type subscription or PPV?

That wasn’t what I hoped for tbh when the ‘every match’ angle was revealed.

Especially in today’s economic climate.

I certainly hope not mate. When it's announced that every game will be shown by Sky Sports, that's what it should mean. A new PPV Sky Sports platform would be a bit naughty if you ask me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I certainly hope not mate. When it's announced that every game will be shown by Sky Sports, that's what it should mean. A new PPV Sky Sports platform would be a bit naughty if you ask me. 

Yep, hopefully I’m being too negative here and they’ll utilise their platforms in a way we can benefit from.

• Like 1