1895 cup 2024

HP Beans

11 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Why would Haven allow you to stream it anyway? Not just Haven either, why would any home team allow the away team to stream it to make their own club money rather than the home club? 

Good Point but isn't streaming all the rage these days & nothing stops both clubs sharing the Barrow subscribers seeing as they host the game, Not everyone can travel or live locally but would pay for the stream & I'm one of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mickmike wilson said:

Good Point but isn't streaming all the rage these days & nothing stops both clubs sharing the Barrow subscribers seeing as they host the game, Not everyone can travel or live locally but would pay for the stream & I'm one of them.

Yeah I get your point mate, I'm not 100% sure how it all works but I'd imagine if they were barrow subscribers then only Barrow would benefit rather than the home team, in this case Haven. I think it would be more likely to happen if it was streamed by the home side, that way opposition fans can join for a fee or something 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Noting a few comments on fixture planning by the RFL . I am sure it is to do with ground availabliity for some Teams who share . Thats the only excuse i can come up with as anyone could draw up a fixture schedule in 5 minutes with teams playing home one week away the other .Personally points in the rating system for Clubs who own/rent their grounds and are therefore always available should be awarded , after all we are rated on everything else !

• Like 4

No - a number of best 2nd place teams from the groups also go through to make up the last 8.  With York & Wakefield in a group with Newcastle its highly likely that they will both qualify from that group. Its also a chance for a decent crowd at Town (much needed revenue) as the 901 that attended the Barrow game was very poor.

Would expect at least 1,500 crowd for Town vs Barrow even if Barrow have already won both their games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Churchill Drivers said:

No - a number of best 2nd place teams from the groups also go through to make up the last 8.  With York & Wakefield in a group with Newcastle its highly likely that they will both qualify from that group. Its also a chance for a decent crowd at Town (much needed revenue) as the 901 that attended the Barrow game was very poor.

Would expect at least 1,500 crowd for Town vs Barrow even if Barrow have already won both their games.

1 second placed team will make the 8 going into the quarter finals then as there are 7 groups I think.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HP Beans said:

1 second placed team will make the 8 going into the quarter finals then as there are 7 groups I think.

I can't see past York and Wakefield both going through.

Newcastle vs Wakefield will be another cricket score giving York and Wakefield a huge points difference advantage over everyone else regardless of their own fixture. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dave W said:

I can't see past York and Wakefield both going through.

Newcastle vs Wakefield will be another cricket score giving York and Wakefield a huge points difference advantage over everyone else regardless of their own fixture. 

Got to feel for Newcastle after their troubles and being in that group! 

• Like 2

Barrow draw with Haven, Haven beat Town and Barrow and Haven go though assuming there are no draws in the other groups.

Simples…

Edited by The Grinder
  • Like 1

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

15 hours ago, HP Beans said:

And this is where the competition falls down. Because of the absolute smashing of Newcastle no other group can expect to have a second place team going through. We, Oldham, beat Halifax and unless Rochdale beat us then Halifax are out. They won't get the points difference that York and Wakefield will have. If Newcastle had been in another group, say Workington and Whitehaven then both of those would be going through. Daft.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Barrow draw with Haven, Haven beat Town and Barrow and Haven go though assuming there are no draws in the other groups.

Simples…

surely you can,t have a draw in a cup comp , golden point i assume would feature

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

surely you can,t have a draw in a cup comp , golden point i assume would feature

You can have a draw in a group game of a cup. Just see the champions league groups in football for something similar.

• Like 1

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

36 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

You can have a draw in a group game of a cup. Just see the champions league groups in football for something similar.

would it not depend on 1895 cup rules

• Like 1

Whitehaven tomorrow. Cresta thinks the pitch will be heavy.

Tom Walker and Shane Toal out injured.

Expect Max Clarke will play centre and Mike Ogunwale will come into the pack.

McMillan, Jackson, Terrill & Seward probably won't make the 17.

Hope more fans will make the trip as we had disappointing numbers at Workington.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Left Winger said:

See the Haven fans have got their knickers in a twist over Cresta's radio sheep dip interview. 

What’s he said?!! 

Half time Haven 0 Barrow 4. Max Clarke try. 

• Like 1

Any win up there is a good win. 

I didn’t go but on the radio it sounded like we were the better team and had plenty of good field position. 

2 wins from Wembley I think they said? That would be some day out!

• Like 1