Josh rourke

The scrim reaper

27 minutes ago, RogerT said:

It doesn't work like that I would suspect there would be a super league get out clause in place.

If he has a contract with us for 2024 we should be fully able to demand a transfer fee. Super League get out clauses don't prevent the selling club being due a transfer fee. Kevin, as a solicitor should have ensured that I imagine

Why, has Kev mooted this thread? All fair enough not standing in a player's way, this can be done by agreement, but putting it in a contract should be cancelled. The club has done it's diligence, chased the man, cost money then let him go for nothing without setting a stud on turf? No way, we should be recompensed. The squad's thin enough without losing a signed player.

Edited by phildog
Omission
  • Like 1

I only repeated what our chairman as said before. I was only suggesting that he asks the chairman, that might Scotch or validate the rumour, either way I'm not fussed that's all.

19 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

If he has a contract with us for 2024 we should be fully able to demand a transfer fee. Super League get out clauses don't prevent the selling club being due a transfer fee. Kevin, as a solicitor should have ensured that I imagine

I believe it is pretty much standard practice now, for players to have a release clause built in to contracts, I would be amazed if they are not, on the size of contracts we are likely to offer.

Edited by DOGFATHER

Yes it's on the Internet now that the London Broncos have signed him.

Oh dear I'd better knock him off the players Squad signed for 2024.

Edited by RogerT

We thought Linners was good

but it it took him 2 seasons to make Super League players out of Luke Hooley, Josh Hodson and James Meadows

Mocco must be a genius, he’s done it in just a few training sessions 

Lets hope he is, and he can do the same with our army of promising youngsters

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, RogerT said:

Yes it's on the Internet now that the London Broncos have signed him.

Oh dear I'd better knock him off the players Squad signed for 2024.

BISSA had better do the same, ay dear. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

40 minutes ago, Bill H said:

Also Josh Woods out for 6 to 8 weeks with a broken thumb apparently.  The poor old coach must be wondering when his luck will turn.

Season starts later this coming year so plenty of time for Woods. I agree on Moxon though, he needs to be supported well this season to give him the best environment to succeed.

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

Season starts later this coming year so plenty of time for Woods. I agree on Moxon though, he needs to be supported well this season to give him the best environment to succeed.

Yes, plenty of time to the start of the season but disruptive to Moxon's training.  He's certainly not having the luck that he deserves.

• Like 1

Same happened when we signed Macani. It's unfair for us not to benefit. Have we got 'losers' tattooed across us? We must be the only club happy to give players a leg up without getting one in return or with no back up plan, back to delving through what's left even after consecutive semi and grand finals and Wembley.  Why are we not more successful instead of struggles becoming more serious annually? Tiny squad decreases, no word on any other incomers despite every other team trumpeting from the rooftops. Can't see how Mokko can be happy with this carry on.

Edited by phildog