New season odds

These are Skybet’s latest odds. Leeds’ price isn’t very generous. 

Teams  Grand Final  League Leaders 
Wigan Warriors 2/1  11/8 
St Helens 11/4  3/1 
Leeds Rhinos 7/1  6/1 
Warrington Wolves 8/1  8/1 
Catalans Dragons 10/1  14/1 
Hull Kingston Rovers 12/1  16/1 
Leigh Leopards 14/1  20/1 
Huddersfield Giants 20/1  25/1 
Hull FC 22/1  33/1 
Castleford Tigers 66/1  66/1 
Salford Red Devils 66/1  66/1 
London Broncos 125/1  250/1
Edited by Eddie

• Eddie changed the title to New season odds

And the Championship…

Team  Grand Final  Regular Season  Top 6 Finish 
Wakefield Trinity 1/3  2/7  1/50 
Bradford Bulls 12/1  14/1  8/15 
Featherstone Rovers 12/1  12/1  4/11 
Toulouse Olympique 12/1  10/1  1/3 
Halifax Panthers 16/1  18/1  4/7 
Sheffield Eagles 16/1  20/1  8/13 
Widnes Vikings 20/1  25/1  1/1 
York City Knights 20/1  25/1  1/1 
Batley Bulldogs 33/1  33/1  13/8 
Doncaster RLFC 33/1  40/1  2/1 
Dewsbury Rams 50/1  50/1  3/1 
Barrow Raiders 100/1  100/1  13/2 
Swinton Lions 100/1  100/1  13/2 
Whitehaven RLFC 100/1  100/1  13/2

And the NCL Div 3, great to see all four NCL divisions on there, fairly sure that’s a first. Regular Season 

Distington 5/2 
Featherstone Lions 5/2 
Leigh East 4/1 
Drighlington 10/1 
East Leeds 10/1 
Hensingham 12/1 
Beverley 14/1 
Bentley 16/1 
Milford 16/1 
Eastmoor Dragons 20/1 
Seaton Rangers 25/1

I think if I were a betting man I would go with Toulouse Olympique to top the league after the regular season.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Not really sure why Bradford are so high up in the odds. Maybe name value still matters.

Quite generous odds for Catalans who look to me, despite the loss of huge players, to be still significantly better than Leeds and Warrington with iffy recruitment (Leeds) and an unproven coach (Warrington).

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

I think if I were a betting man I would go with Toulouse Olympique to top the league after the regular season.

Similarly, I would bet on Championship league toppers. Without doing any research on the clubs and teams, I would look at $100 each on Wakie, Fev, Bradford and Toulouse. Maybe consider putting $100 on Halifax too.

Do none of you like betting? There is almsot a zero chance that Wakefield don't finish top of the league. They are the biggest favorites in many a year with very little hope of any team getting near to them. I think Bradford are about right, they will have 2nd/3rd highest spending in the league and have a large squad that looks set up to do pretty well this season. They will be a mile of Wakey though. I really see nothing with any real value in the Championship betting odds.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Similarly, I would bet on Championship league toppers. Without doing any research on the clubs and teams, I would look at $100 each on Wakie, Fev, Bradford and Toulouse. Maybe consider putting $100 on Halifax too.

It seems pretty pointless betting on Wakefield if you were to do something like that.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

It seems pretty pointless betting on Wakefield if you were to do something like that.

I find the maths works better in my brain when I place cover bets. It’s just an alternate way of betting. Neither are right or wrong.

For a period I used to gamble live on NHL. This proved fortuitous. I often found the team losing by only a single score would have odds > 2/1. Knowing how easy it is for that to change, especially where the favourite falls behind, a couple of goals would come in and now the other team would have odds > 2/1. Then I would place a cover bet on the other team and call it a day.

I never made heaps. I’m not much of a punter. I would only throw a hundy in the account at the start of the year and see if I could last the year.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

These are Skybet’s latest odds. Leeds’ price isn’t very generous. 

Teams  Grand Final  League Leaders 
Wigan Warriors 2/1  11/8 
St Helens 11/4  3/1 
Leeds Rhinos 7/1  6/1 
Warrington Wolves 8/1  8/1 
Catalans Dragons 10/1  14/1 
Hull Kingston Rovers 12/1  16/1 
Leigh Leopards 14/1  20/1 
Huddersfield Giants 20/1  25/1 
Hull FC 22/1  33/1 
Castleford Tigers 66/1  66/1 
Salford Red Devils 66/1  66/1 
London Broncos 125/1  250/1

Thats a no. Cats top 3 easily for me.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

1 hour ago, Moe syszlak said:

Penrith are 10/11 with -4 on the handicap. Easiest money you'll ever make.

Sounds great, can't beat a bit of passive income. 

There must be a lot of very wealthy people making such easy money. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I find the maths works better in my brain when I place cover bets. It’s just an alternate way of betting. Neither are right or wrong.

For a period I used to gamble live on NHL. This proved fortuitous. I often found the team losing by only a single score would have odds > 2/1. Knowing how easy it is for that to change, especially where the favourite falls behind, a couple of goals would come in and now the other team would have odds > 2/1. Then I would place a cover bet on the other team and call it a day.

I never made heaps. I’m not much of a punter. I would only throw a hundy in the account at the start of the year and see if I could last the year.

Yeah I like cover bets myself and often do similar with RL handicap betting, with the bonus of if you get it right win double too. Nothing better when the match turns and you end up with something like a 20 point margin where you can't lose.

My point was when Wakefield are 2/7 and you are doing 4 or 5 bets of $100 on 4 or 5 different teams then the $28.57 return above the $100 stake money isn't much cover anyway for a $400 or $500 outlay. The short odd make it seem pointless to me.

9 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Do none of you like betting? There is almsot a zero chance that Wakefield don't finish top of the league. They are the biggest favorites in many a year with very little hope of any team getting near to them. I think Bradford are about right, they will have 2nd/3rd highest spending in the league and have a large squad that looks set up to do pretty well this season. They will be a mile of Wakey though. I really see nothing with any real value in the Championship betting odds.

Finish top yes, but Wakey to win the GF at 1/3 isn’t great value. As we’ve seen with Toronto and Fev in recent years a team can run away with the league but lose in the play offs. 

34 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Finish top yes, but Wakey to win the GF at 1/3 isn’t great value. As we’ve seen with Toronto and Fev in recent years a team can run away with the league but lose in the play offs. 

Also, winning the Champ grand final this year doesn't really mean anything this year as Wakefield know they're probably going up anyway. They may decide at the backend of the year that post season recruitment is their main priority and they might take they're eye off the ball.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Yeah I like cover bets myself and often do similar with RL handicap betting, with the bonus of if you get it right win double too. Nothing better when the match turns and you end up with something like a 20 point margin where you can't lose.

My point was when Wakefield are 2/7 and you are doing 4 or 5 bets of $100 on 4 or 5 different teams then the $28.57 return above the $100 stake money isn't much cover anyway for a $400 or $500 outlay. The short odd make it seem pointless to me.

Indeed, I read it as 7/2, not 2/7. More evidence, as if I needed any, why I shouldn’t take up professional gambling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, muckymunksy said:

Leeds 3rd favorites for me they wont make the 6. 

Miller and Frawley are terrible signings. 

The two Salford lads hit and miss. 

Could be a long season for the Rhinos. 

I don't think Leeds should be 3rd favourites either - mainly because I think there are better teams. That said, only Frawley is potentially a slight downgrade on who played that position for Leeds last season - all the rest are definite upgrades. They should be making the 6 and have made grand finals with worse sides than this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sam4731 said:

Also, winning the Champ grand final this year doesn't really mean anything this year as Wakefield know they're probably going up anyway. They may decide at the backend of the year that post season recruitment is their main priority and they might take they're eye off the ball.

Fantastic for the Championship,  that'll bring in the punters and attract newbies.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

A hundy😂 Only in Australia.

• Haha 1