BARROW 1945 CUP

What is a good result for us in this tournament

We have to be realistic and accept we are playing 2 now established Championship teams, slbeit we have home advantage.

We have a young and still inexperienced squad with a few exceptions. Is it stronger than last year? We have brought in quality in Sammut, Eccleston and Taylor, but don't have Barnes unfortunately.

I am pleased we have retained Lightowler, Marwood, Walker, Burns and Bradley and our core squad players

Don't know much about the younger signings and some may turn out to be very good.

So if these 2 games help us blend a 17 to face Oldham  I will be happy with that.

UTT

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

What is a good result for us in this tournament

We have to be realistic and accept we are playing 2 now established Championship teams, slbeit we have home advantage.

We have a young and still inexperienced squad with a few exceptions. Is it stronger than last year? We have brought in quality in Sammut, Eccleston and Taylor, but don't have Barnes unfortunately.

I am pleased we have retained Lightowler, Marwood, Walker, Burns and Bradley and our core squad players

Don't know much about the younger signings and some may turn out to be very good.

So if these 2 games help us blend a 17 to face Oldham  I will be happy with that.

UTT

I'm hearing CB could be back with us shortly 👍

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, old un said:

If you are wanting to discuss some one please stop useing abreviations and nick names, we are not all mind readers.

My apologies, I would have thought that fans of town would know who I was referring to, so I will make it easier for you CB =. Caine Barnes 

• Like 1

See some Barrow fans are claiming on their forum that they have such a good squad this season that they will easily wipe the floor with other Cumbrian teams this season. Trust Town put up a good show as Barrow have won all 4 of their pre season games but all have been at home to lower league teams - their first venture out of Barrow will be on Sunday.

8 hours ago, chromedome said:

1945 cup ?????????

Sorry got my wires crossed and mixed towns founding with the 1895 start of league ruby,

As Eric once said most of the right numbers but not necessarily in thr right order.

Would be pleased to see CB back,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Churchill Drivers said:

See some Barrow fans are claiming on their forum that they have such a good squad this season that they will easily wipe the floor with other Cumbrian teams this season. Trust Town put up a good show as Barrow have won all 4 of their pre season games but all have been at home to lower league teams - their first venture out of Barrow will be on Sunday.

Barrow will be just like our west cumbrian neighbours this season. Both in a season long relegation scrap AGAIN. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I believe haven will be mid table safe and have recruited quite a few unknowns but look the part.

Barrow not like other seasons with there recruitment, however smith signing is massive for directing the team around the field.

9 hours ago, town4me said:

Barrow will be just like our west cumbrian neighbours this season. Both in a season long relegation scrap AGAIN. 

Now I'm not saying that both will be flying high, but if they can stay injury free then I think Haven and Barrow will be comfortably safe from relegation. 

Like I say though, lack of squad depth is the key factor. 

2 hours ago, havenhater said:

I believe haven will be mid table safe and have recruited quite a few unknowns but look the part.

Barrow not like other seasons with there recruitment, however smith signing is massive for directing the team around the field.

Disagree with this. Recruitment last season was good on paper but in reality was pretty poor. We’ve signed plenty of good forwards in Smith, Greenwood, Silva, Tom Walker etc. but I think we’re lacking a bit in the backs. 

I don’t think it’s arrogance with the Barrow fans, if we have aspirations to be a decent Championship team then we should win games against League One opposition. 

12 hours ago, town4me said:

4 might be coming down this year.??

At the talks with RFL last season about merging - Ch teams didn't want to - so the other proposal [nothing official] was  all leagues of 12 [12,12,11] for now

So a bigger relegation scrap??

• Like 1

As a Barrow fan I definitely don’t think the Cumbrian derbys will be easy at all. On paper our squad looks quite strong but you don’t play on paper! 

Hopefully all 3 teams have successful seasons. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RLDB said:

As a Barrow fan I definitely don’t think the Cumbrian derbys will be easy at all. On paper our squad looks quite strong but you don’t play on paper! 

Hopefully all 3 teams have successful seasons. 

Aye agreed, apart from whitehaven.. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

5 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

4 might be coming down this year.??

At the talks with RFL last season about merging - Ch teams didn't want to - so the other proposal [nothing official] was  all leagues of 12 [12,12,11] for now

So a bigger relegation scrap??

Should never have robbed Champ1 of two teams in the bloody first place!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1