Super League 2024 Media Etc (Merged Threads)

12 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

Someone with a degree of professional competency is finally in the building, it seems. Thank God!

This is it in a nutshell isnt it?

We finally seem to be getting our house in order don’t we.

And its long overdue.

I haven’t been as excited for a season in a long time and the SM stuff im sure is part of it. 

I really like the narrative of every club having a story, great work.

• Like 1

Either it’s the guidance and support of IMG or someone with the Superleague team has been to media school but there seems to be a refeshing change to the approach to the new season with the latest announcement about the Rob Burrows Trophy and prior regular drip of good news stories.  

It’s almost as if there’s a plan and still with 2 weeks to go! 

Stories so far?

Voono Fantasy League.

ABK Official 

Wigan-Penrith WCC sell out.

Hull - Hull KR record ticket sales.

Superleague Rebrand.

New Season Launch Video.

Talk Radio deal.

New Sky-BBC TV deals. 

Edited by The 4 of Us
  • Like 5

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

8 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

Either it’s the guidance and support of IMG or someone with the Superleague team has been to media school but there seems to be a refeshing change to the approach to the new season with the latest announcement about the Rob Burrows Trophy and prior regular drip of good news stories.  

Stories so far?

Voono Fantasy League.

ABK Official 

Superleague Rebrand.

New Season Launch Video.

Talk Radio deal.

New Sky-BBC TV deals. 

It is 100% IMG, lots of little (and some bigger) improvements across the board with marketing

• Like 4

I routinely get "Here are your latest VIP rewards and experiences" emails from Sky.  Today's highlights five things, one of which is the impending return of Super league, and I can enter a draw to get two free tickets to an SL game of my choice.  This may have happened in previous seasons, but maybe not...

2 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

Stories so far?

Voono Fantasy League.

ABK Official 

Superleague Rebrand.

New Season Launch Video.

Talk Radio deal.

New Sky-BBC TV deals. 

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but a lot of those haven't reached the National mainstream media and are often social media 'successes'. These are often misleading because you are often only preaching to the converted.

The BBC deal has also not been confirmed which 2 weeks out from the season is actually a massive failure.

1 hour ago, sam4731 said:

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but a lot of those haven't reached the National mainstream media and are often social media 'successes'. These are often misleading because you are often only preaching to the converted.

The BBC deal has also not been confirmed which 2 weeks out from the season is actually a massive failure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/68229917 ask and you shall receive..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sam4731 said:

Timing... :kolobok_biggrin:

• Sad 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is a Times article (I feel grubby posting it) from a month ago confirming what is suggested has not been confirmed until 2 hours ago. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-12940571/amp/BBC-screen-live-Super-League-matches-Saturday-evening-three-years-major-boost-rugby-league.html

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910