Sat 24th Feb: SL: Huddersfield Giants v St Helens KO 5.30pm (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/02/24 at 18:00

19 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

the commentator would be better getting a job at the hospice to hurry folk along with his voice - dreadful fare

Fraser Dainton doesn't strike me as a convincing or an exciting RL commentator.

4 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Clark in the bin and penalty try for me....

Yes, I was watching last night's game...

Can't give a penalty try and 10 minutes. The sin bin is for denying the try with a professional foul. You can't give 10 minutes if the try is given.

Just now, sam4731 said:

Can't give a penalty try and 10 minutes. The sin bin is for denying the try with a professional foul. You can't give 10 minutes if the try is given.

I was taking the p*ss tbh.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Fraser Dainton doesn't strike me as a convincing or an exciting RL commentator.

With every match being shown live on some platform or other, we have to accept a few commentators who can call a game with a reasonable amount of competence but who still need to up their game.

At least until better candidates appear for an opportunity that hasn't existed before.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

With every match being shown live on some platform or other, we have to accept anyone who can call a game with a reasonable amount of competence. At least until better candidates appear for an opportunity that hasn't existed before.

I suppose so, but this is pretty dire stuff.

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

The commentators sound  like they’re just waiting for it get to the end 

They're not alone.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Why is there a massive delay before the VR comes in , that happened with something last night 

Dial-up modem from Wilmslow.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

They're not alone.

What this game needed was Jake the Snake to liven things up.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just now, Ullman said:

What this game needed was Jake the Snake to liven things up.

Absolutely.

Just now, StandOffHalf said:

I suppose so, but this is pretty dire stuff.

He's not awful. He's just not great. Then again, he's not calling absolutely everything like a radio commentator would, which I know enrages certain TRL members.

I'm sure he's capable of getting a bit more natural and showing his personality with more experience. In a way, we all are just beginning to adapt to a whole new media landscape.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fantastic try that, reminded me of Melbourne...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m so bored I googled what Venari is . It’s a vehicle manufacturer 

Do you know which company manufactures the biggest number of vehicle tyres per year?