Sat 2nd Mar: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Catalans Dragons KO 3pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/24 at 15:30

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Regarding the lack of cards in that incident, don't forget it was today's ref Chris Kendall who was the Video Ref responsible for sending Fa'amanu Brown off at Wire last Friday for doing precisely nowt.

So, along with the words of the RFL in his ear,  he's no doubt being extra careful.

Thats a good observation and no doubt exactly right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Regarding the lack of cards in that incident, don't forget it was today's ref Chris Kendall who was the Video Ref responsible for sending Fa'amanu Brown off at Wire last Friday for doing precisely nowt.

So, along with the words of the RFL in his ear,  he's no doubt being extra careful.

He let a deliberate elbow to the head go with a matey chat.

No excuses.

• Like 2

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Just now, jacksy said:

He let a deliberate elbow to the head go with a matey chat.

No excuses.

I didn't say he was correct mate.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Leeds look pretty disjointed and error-strewn but their D is holding up.

Frawley is the calming presence, but Miller and Croft don't strike me as being all that cohesive yet.

• Like 1

Catalans don't appear to have the nous to get over the line.

1 minute ago, Northern Eel said:

Knockonathon....

Bit scruffy isn't it?

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

No control but a penalty try maybe?

I'm not convinced that Handley grounded that. I think it probably should have been a Penalty Try, if the defender isn't allowed to tackle once the ball has been grubbered ahead to fall on.

Absolutely baffled by the inconsistencies in applying the rules here. The first clash with force and direct to head. Yet that one with a tonne of mitigation gets a yellow... 

• Like 3

Good reffing there by the video ref I though picking up the head contact, they sometimes ignore that. I do think the yellow card is a touch harsh though, not sure what he can do there and the ref does have at his discretion that the attacker is low down but chose not to use that.

Sims had his arm under that IMO.

Newman turned to try to get to the ground, and went into Sims' shoulder.

No Try; penalty attacking side IMO.

An 8-point try and binning is very harsh when Newman is the one who turns into contact in a dynamic rugby incident as Sims comes across.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StandOffHalf said:

Sims had his arm under that IMO.

Newman turned to try to get to the ground, and went into Sims' shoulder.

No Try; penalty attacking side IMO.

An 8-point try and binning is very harsh when Newman is the one who turns into contact in a dynamic rugby incident as Sims comes across.

In the end I dont think it made much difference if it were sent up as a try or no try, I do agree you can't see the ball on the floor so as soon as it were sent up as a try you knew it was one of those that would be given, but if it had been sent up as no try it would still have been given as a penalty try I imagine because you can argue the high contact would have stopped Newman scoring. I don't agree with the binning though.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tiffers said:

Absolutely baffled by the inconsistencies in applying the rules here. The first clash with force and direct to head. Yet that one with a tonne of mitigation gets a yellow... 

Yeah, coming across like a train to save a try and the attacker is literally diving towards the ground.

I can live with a penalty, but a sin-binning seems overly harsh, given the mitigation.

Sims should have been sin-binned earlier though...

Edited by StandOffHalf

Deliberate contact with head now fine if someone has hold of your shirt.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)