Fri 8th Mar: SL: Leigh Leopards v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/03/24 at 20:30

39 minutes ago, phiggins said:

But given how it is worded, what are you charging him for? He’s not accused anyone of anything and said he’ll be noisy in the next council meeting. As stupid a post it is, I don’t see how you can bring charges for it

A genuine question - is there a code of conduct or similar guidelines or rules that club owners and officials have to follow? If not then there should be, to cover this exact situation. It's not as if it hasn't happened regularly over even recent years.

As a sport I think we face such an uphill battle from the establishment and media that our image should be at the top of our priorities (something I'd have liked IMG to look into more but let's not open that box). I'm not sure how anyone can defend Beaumont here or many of his previous tweets and actions (I'm not saying that you are).

• Like 1

Having just watched this game now, the only blame for Leigh losing falls firmly on Leigh themselves - nothing more.

Leeds very often get some appalling refereeing go their way, but not so much this game - this was all down to Leigh losing their composure when Leeds came back at them.

Another striking feature is that Leigh fans really don't seem to know the rules (not so different to the South stand 😛

kendall did a good job in this game imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glossop saint said:

A genuine question - is there a code of conduct or similar guidelines or rules that club owners and officials have to follow? If not then there should be, to cover this exact situation. It's not as if it hasn't happened regularly over even recent years.

As a sport I think we face such an uphill battle from the establishment and media that our image should be at the top of our priorities (something I'd have liked IMG to look into more but let's not open that box). I'm not sure how anyone can defend Beaumont here or many of his previous tweets and actions (I'm not saying that you are).

Though the tone of the tweet appeared totally unacceptable, I think a sanction would have to hinge on the issue of disrespect for the authorities and spirit of the game. As in, I am not sure it impacts on the sport's reputation. Only people connected to the game are likely to have picked up on it. So it's not like a football player or manager meriting a massive punishment for 'bringing the game into disrepute charge where even your 'no interest in sport' family members and workmates have picked up on an outrageous incident.

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I do think that's a good politicians answer Dunbar 😆

There have been some insults thrown around on this forum but this one crosses a line.

• Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, glossop saint said:

There is but would it have made any difference?

Thinking about this soem more, there is an argument for just leaving him to it. He's not my cup of tea, but sports do have personalities who are idiots and they thrive. At my club I couldn't even tell you the last time I heard anything from the owner or CEO or anyone really. 

As a sport we don't seem to be too worried about people drunk in control of a car, never mind drunk in control of a twitter account. 

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Thinking about this soem more, there is an argument for just leaving him to it. He's not my cup of tea, but sports do have personalities who are idiots and they thrive. At my club I couldn't even tell you the last time I heard anything from the owner or CEO or anyone really. 

As a sport we don't seem to be too worried about people drunk in control of a car, never mind drunk in control of a twitter account. 

I don’t think he should get sanctioned to be honest. He’s just embarrassing im glad he’s got nothing to do with my club.

11 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Thinking about this soem more, there is an argument for just leaving him to it.

If Degsy can do this, then the players and coaches should be able to do the same without any comeback on them whatsoever.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I think the RFL should confiscate his Bet Lynch car so he has to get to Leigh Sprts Village on the bus with Zak Hardaker every day.

But I accept that is quite unlikely to happen.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

If Degsy can do this, then the players and coaches should be able to do the same without any comeback on them whatsoever.

They do already don't they? Leigh will get the culture they deserve with this owner. 

• Like 3

Just now, Dave T said:

They do already don't they? Leigh will get the culture they deserve with this owner. 

Not just Leigh, across the game.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

Not just Leigh, across the game.

I think the RFL and SL have set their stall out in recent years. Not a peep on quite unsavoury behaviour. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dave T said:

I think the RFL and SL have set their stall out in recent years. Not a peep on quite unsavoury behaviour. 

Yup. They are lazy and they don't see a problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ant said:

Having just watched this game now, the only blame for Leigh losing falls firmly on Leigh themselves - nothing more.

Leeds very often get some appalling refereeing go their way, but not so much this game - this was all down to Leigh losing their composure when Leeds came back at them.

Another striking feature is that Leigh fans really don't seem to know the rules (not so different to the South stand 😛

kendall did a good job in this game imo.

Thanks for your input Chris 😂😂👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dave T said:

But, that is probably all a debate for a separate thread, rather than a Leigh v Leeds match thread 

This. x 1000.

Locked.