Oldham match

Our confidence has taken a knock after losing to Swinton and getting caned by York so we are there for the taking.  Definitely not the best of fixtures to start the season with away to you guys. 3 of our better players missed the last match through injury (Kopczack, Elijah Taylor and Pat Moran), we desperately need them back.  I'm hopeful for a win but it'll be very close if you are up for it and play like you did against Whitehaven.  How's the pitch looking? 

Edited by ultimate roughyed
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

What's fans thoughts on our season opener with Oldham, looking forward to this match, I'm sticking my neck out and saying Town by 4 .UTT 🔵⚪

Well if it’s your neck on the line, I’ll say town by 5 utt

8 hours ago, ultimate roughyed said:

Our confidence has taken a knock after losing to Swinton and getting caned by York so we are there for the taking.  Definitely not the best of fixtures to start the season with away to you guys. 3 of our better players missed the last match through injury (Kopczack, Elijah Taylor and Pat Moran), we desperately need them back.  I'm hopeful for a win but it'll be very close if you are up for it and play like you did against Whitehaven.  How's the pitch looking? 

Considering how much rain we’ve had the pitch is in unbelievable condition. The 3 games we’ve had on it there was no mudbath like some of the super league matches. Looking forward to a good game and hopefully we continue our improvement and have good hard fought game. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ultimate roughyed said:

When you beat Barrow I thought we had no chance and you'd walk the league  , but the momentum has switched.  You've had two heavy defeats to good teams and we had a terrific second half against Batley and outplayed Whitehaven twice so really looking forward to it. We need to start better, improve goal line defence and have Sammut keeping his wild passes to a minimum. 

• Like 2

Shame about the growing list of injuries as advised by Gary

We really need our full squad and best players to start the season  especially Oldham. Seasons are Al about confidence and building momentum.

We need a win to start which will be difficult. Here's hoping. UTT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Shame about the growing list of injuries as advised by Gary

We really need our full squad and best players to start the season  especially Oldham. Seasons are Al about confidence and building momentum.

We need a win to start which will be difficult. Here's hoping. UTT

What injurys have we now , I know Stevie didn't even get started against haven and we know about Jake and Ellis , but I'm unsure about anyone else, I think Dave took a knock against haven , what happening with Liam Mc is he injured?

• Like 1

It’s a shame we are playing the odds on favourites to romp this league in the first game. It gets no better next week with a visit to the other big spenders. Hoping we can put a shift in like we did against haven, if Sammuts on top form we might have a chance. We aren’t having much luck competing against football on TV, City v Man Utd for the Ike game, Man Utd v Liverpool on Sunday, and again for our next home game. Let’s hope they don’t affect the gates too much. UTT.

• Like 1

Very very difficult . Just play as well as you can , don’t shoot your self in the foot as much as we’ve often done and make it as tough for them as possible . Then at least you’re in the game 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

It’s a shame we are playing the odds on favourites to romp this league in the first game. It gets no better next week with a visit to the other big spenders. Hoping we can put a shift in like we did against haven, if Sammuts on top form we might have a chance. We aren’t having much luck competing against football on TV, City v Man Utd for the Ike game, Man Utd v Liverpool on Sunday, and again for our next home game. Let’s hope they don’t affect the gates too much. UTT.

I think the attendance could be good, Oldham seem to be bringing a lot going by their forum, I haven't seen the forecast hopefully the weather is kind to us and we get a good crowd UTT 🔵⚪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Very very difficult . Just play as well as you can , don’t shoot your self in the foot as much as we’ve often done and make it as tough for them as possible . Then at least you’re in the game 

Tighten up goal line defence, tighten up discipline and we have a chance against anyone in this league. Haven and Barra didnt open us up really, very few gaps in their half or ours, it was mainly goal line tries and taking advantage of a size difference from the bench.

• Like 1

Town v Oldham 

Early bird tickets www.townrlfc.com 

Music on pre match in the FANZONE 2-245pm! 

Logan Paul Murphy - A superb local lad doing really well. 

Post match 

He will be back on at 445 in the Fanzone.... 

We absolutely need to the local fanbase to support their local teams.

Huge football matches don't help, but we can't control those things and kick off times, we can control putting out a competitive Town team and an excellent matchday experience all round,which we are trying to do! 

Oldham have confirmed 3 and a 4th bus getting filled, so let's enjoy their visit, have a great day, a great match and give them a run for their money, I'm more than confident we will. 

Look out for our Happy 2 hours drink deals to celebrate St Patricks day, be announced tomorrow! 

UTT

Graeme 

Workington Town RLFC 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Surely not after 1400 at the previous match

I would have said about 1000, was less than first game but certainly more than 400/500