Rochdale game

Good big uns always beat good little uns.

Impressive throughout. My highlight was Turner's schooling of Hartley after the latter got arsey with him.

Shame for the game as a spectacle when Hornets' scrum half got injured. Looks a proper player. No long term damage, hopefully.

• Like 1

No Easter Sunday resurrection for my boys then….simply added to our long list of leaders currently nailed to crosses.

At least we avoided that record defeat…narrowly.

It will seem like a long journey home for our boys but the sun will rise in the morning…so they tell me. After all its only its only two points.

Enjoy the ride.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Good professional performance from Yeds. Still a few things to sort on attack. Not sure about this switching of Craven and Astley - don't think either at their best today. Thought Astley was good at Worky at stand off and to get the best of him he needs to be more involved.

The Hornets scrum half Else looked a good player - before getting injured.

When we do get our attack functioning properly - someone is getting a smashing!!

• Like 4

Thing I liked about Craven, The Hornets really tried to get in his face, but he sure has some toughness and stood up well...George Hirst is just full on absolutely loved his cameo.

Joe Hartley is a battler, Hornets never gave up but were hammered by penalties and six agains, Ref had a good game I thought.

• Like 4

Brilliant defensive effort today. As others say, the attack isn’t quite firing yet but loads of positives anyway.

Turner was immense again but Owen Farnworth really stood up too. Hirst keeps taking his opportunities 👏

• Like 4

Excellent performance across the whole team. Pack dominated the middle and then by the last 30 mins Rochdale were out on their feet and we really took advantage.

Turner was superb at centre as usual. Wardle had his best game by a mile in the second row as did Lawton who was monstrous both in attack and defence. Farnworth has gotten better each game and fully deserves his starting spot. O'Keefe has been excellent since moving to the wing and hope him and Mo were just precautions in their late substitutions. 

Should be a cracker next week at Hunslet

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Excellent performance across the whole team. Pack dominated the middle and then by the last 30 mins Rochdale were out on their feet and we really took advantage.

Turner was superb at centre as usual. Wardle had his best game by a mile in the second row as did Lawton who was monstrous both in attack and defence. Farnworth has gotten better each game and fully deserves his starting spot. O'Keefe has been excellent since moving to the wing and hope him and Mo were just precautions in their late substitutions. 

Should be a cracker next week at Hunslet

Mo limped off after his full lengther. Hope it's not serious. Don't know what the weight differential was but we seemed huge in comparison to Rochdale. They just couldn't hold us. Thought the minutes silence for John Etty was impeccable. Apart from, what seemed like, a tannoy announcement from outside.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, eclecticsheep said:

Thing I liked about Craven, The Hornets really tried to get in his face, but he sure has some toughness and stood up well...George Hirst is just full on absolutely loved his cameo.

Joe Hartley is a battler, Hornets never gave up but were hammered by penalties and six agains, Ref had a good game I thought.

Agreed. Craven is a hard street fighter who knows the game inside out. This squad is a good mix of hardened pros, big men and young ones who will only learn from working alongside the experienced boys. I'd expect Moran to be a starter or replacement when fit; it's a long, long time since we had such options. The one flaw today as has been said was the execution, which will need to be much sharper against the likes of Keighley, plus Rochdale made our big men turn on their heels on the few occasions they got quick play the balls and before their speedy halves got tired, no ball or injured. Stuff to work on but by heck, pet, the bar has been raised! Well done the Board. Exciting times.

• Like 6

It was good to be back after a difficult couple of years. Fantastic to catch up with old friends and, even better to see so many new faces especially so many kids. Brilliant stuff with the Roary scarves and inflatable lions. Got your breath back yet Murgy? 

To misquote Roy Schneider "think we're gonna need more bar staff"

Great day, great performance,  great result and I loved my cheese and onion pie!

• Like 6

Eclecticsheep thought the ref had a good game - he was very poor. I felt most of the players couldn't understand what he was blowing his whistle for. Some great tackles from both sides being penalised, head shots when they weren't being penalised and some missed that were and two players put on report. The cry from the terraces was "Give us a clue?"

I felt, he felt he was the star of the show and we had come to watch him.

Despite him what a great performance by the Yeds and according to Long "Things are going to get better!" Somebody is going to be absolutely battered. I still feel it's going to come down to points difference - us  and Kieghley.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Eclecticsheep thought the ref had a good game - he was very poor. I felt most of the players couldn't understand what he was blowing his whistle for. Some great tackles from both sides being penalised, head shots when they weren't being penalised and some missed that were and two players put on report. The cry from the terraces was "Give us a clue?"

I felt, he felt he was the star of the show and we had come to watch him.

Despite him what a great performance by the Yeds and according to Long "Things are going to get better!" Somebody is going to be absolutely battered. I still feel it's going to come down to points difference - us  and Kieghley.

It's possible that both us/Keighley remain undefeated against other teams and it'll come down to the head to head matches between us.  We play them 3 times, once at home and twice away which to me is grossly unfair! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

No Easter Sunday resurrection for my boys then….simply added to our long list of leaders currently nailed to crosses.

At least we avoided that record defeat…narrowly.

It will seem like a long journey home for our boys but the sun will rise in the morning…so they tell me. After all its only its only two points.

Enjoy the ride.

Peeing Down this morning Anita 🤣🤣

Stats-

Craven-one tackle.3 tackle breaks. one try assist.14 carries=51m

Agoro-4 tackles. one offload. 2 tackle breaks. 2 clean breaks. 10 carries=144m

Morgan-12 tackles.2 misses. 3 tackle breaks. 17 carries=103m

Turner-3 tackles. 2 misses. 9 tackle breaks. 2 clean breaks. 3 try assists. 17 carries=136m

O'Keefe-3 tackles. 2 tackle breaks. 2 clean breaks. 12 carries=88m

Astley-12 tackles. one miss.5 tackle breaks. 11 carries=56m

Ellis-9 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle break. one clean break. 3 carries=20m

Kopzcak-17 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. one tackle break. one clean break. 15 carries=109m

Wildie-25 tackles. 2 tackle breaks. one try assist. 4 carries=20m

Farnworth-18 tackles. one miss. one clean break. 13 carries=97m

Wardle-16 tackles. one miss. one offload. 3 tackle breaks. one try assist.  15 carries=120m

Lawton-20 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 10 tackle breaks. 3 clean breaks. 13 carries=111m

J Chapelhow-14 tackles. one miss. one offload. one tackle break. 13 carries=117m

subs

Paga-10 tackles.  6 tackle breaks. one clean break. 3 try assists. 4 carries=45m

T Chapelhow-18 tackles. one tackle break. one clean break. 13 carries=104m

Johnson-16 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle break. 11 carries=84m

Hirst-8 tackles. 2 tackle breaks. one clean break. 6 carries=86m

Turner really was sensational.  Wardle, Lawton superb as well with excellent performances from all the subs.

Edited by m brooksy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted this on the main board league one forum. Did anyone else do this?

was there at BP for the game, and also had it on my phone on YouTube. Because the feed was about 30 seconds behind we were able to watch the tries, penalties etc as if in replay. Also when something happened that was hidden or too far away we were able to get see it close up. Best of both worlds.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

was there at BP for the game, and also had it on my phone on YouTube. Because the feed was about 30 seconds behind we were able to watch the tries, penalties etc as if in replay. Also when something happened that was hidden or too far away we were able to get see it close up. Best of both worlds.

Shame the referee didn't have his phone on to check Koppy's yellow card!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Cheers AoHaF, but do you really think I want to see it all twice (or close up even)😝

I had my head in a paper bag until this morning and my therapist has advised I dont leave the house for at least three more days.

Id rather watch emmerdale farm box sets in swedish than see that again.

• Haha 4

A great team effort overall I thought. All the forwards did really well but Owen and Adam were standout for me. Joe and JT seem to be finally showing their dominance. I also thought Ellis had his best game in an Oldham shirt. Also, special mention to our three young guns from last year. Kian was exceptional and Paga is having an impact from the bench in every game (and his discipline seems improved). George looked immense when he came on and looks fitter and faster. Perhaps these three are benefiting from the experience around them. All in all, a very accomplished performance and a great atmosphere with a large crowd full of young supporters from all our local amateur clubs. Fantastic to see. 

• Like 7