Fri 29th March : SL : St Helens v Wigan Warriors KO 3pm Sky Sports Action/Main Event

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

Just now, Roy Haggerty said:

Saints’ attack is awful. Possession and territory is fine, but look remarkably incapable of actually crossing the line. 

And Wigan defending well to be fair

One of the best rule tweaks in the NRL is the downtown rule , stopping players running off down field on last play . I think we should look at that 

1 minute ago, Roy Haggerty said:

Saints’ attack is awful. Possession and territory is fine, but look remarkably incapable of actually crossing the line. 

Too frenetic. It looked very unstructured.

4 minutes ago, bratman said:

And Wigan defending well to be fair

We had the same problem in previous games too. We’re not good at turning pressure and territory into points. 

Edited by Roy Haggerty
  • Thanks 1

Wigan seem to want to defend, making it easy for Saints.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

We had the same problem in previous games too. We’re not good at turning pressure and territory into points. 

Yeah should probably have scored a try or two by now, clunky 😄

Just now, bratman said:

Yeah should probably have scored a try or two by now, clunky 😄

Seen this against Salford and Leeds too. Loads of possession and territory. Inability to score. Opponents then go the length and score to make saints chase the game. 

This choice to kick tells you that Saints *know* their attack isn’t good. All that pressure and they didn’t have confidence they could cross with yet another set inside the 20. 

It’s been a problem for 18 months now. 

Just seen Michael Smith in the crowd.

The darts player I mean, I'm sure there will be more than one Michael Smith there...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Hull FC players have seen red for that.

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Has to be a card I think.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I think that's a yellow because he didn't hit what he was aiming at first.

Lucky boy.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)