New Signing

Derwent

19 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

What extra player would you like out of interest? Be sensible..go on you can do it this once!

I'd like a Phil McKenzie, Tony Kay & Des Drummond in their pomp please! 😎 Or if I have to be sensible IMO I'd like another hooker that can lead us round the park pulling the strings. I know others will say we have Marwood & Saunders but I don't think either are at Matty's level or better yet at game management.  A flying winger / fullback would be the other position we need strength in depth especially after Eccleston's devastating injury. 

Personally I have no problem with us going the Southern Hemisphere route as long as the lads coming in are better than what's on offer locally and they aren't  here for a holiday.  It takes a big commitment for lads travelling from Yorkshire 3 times a week and at a cost to the club in wages to attract them and travelling money, so bringing lads in that will live in the town and add to the community makes sense. Both us and Haven have great memories of some of our best players coming from the other side of the world. It's up to our local lads to roll up their sleeves and keep the jersey off them. If they are good enough they will. UTT.

• Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Agree with Henson being organised hooker and plays a lot of minutes ,problem with blain there is no real busting forwards to back up like a fui or tickle or doran ,and he never really gets a run of games against the easier teams,conner a good little player to have in the squad, think the way the club is going is right way,bring in quality or not worth a locals place.

9 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

I'd like a Phil McKenzie, Tony Kay & Des Drummond

I was watching a Saints game on YouTube from about 1989 and Tony Kay was playing . How good was he , probably the best I’ve seen . Just brilliant 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I was watching a Saints game on YouTube from about 1989 and Tony Kay was playing . How good was he , probably the best I’ve seen . Just brilliant 

I was at Hunslet when he was scoring for fun, when he got a gap he was just outstanding and agreed he's probably the best I've seen also.

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

12 minutes ago, anok4u said:

I was at Hunslet when he was scoring for fun, when he got a gap he was just outstanding and agreed he's probably the best I've seen also.

I was there , brilliant . Once he got outside his man with that long stride he was just unstoppable .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

We had some damn good centres in that era Kenny Kerr, TK and Vinny Fawcett. 

Chris Taylor is the best we've had in a while.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Paddy who scored a hattrick for New Zealand 

31 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Vinny fawcett was unreal. And agree Chris has finally given us that grit and skill we’ve lacked in centres for a long time 

• Like 1

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Oh I've set a rouge thread off! 🤣 To get my two penneth in. Kay was a very different animal to the likes of Fawcett, Kerr etc. He just used to glide and then accelerate through gaps you couldn't see. All of them were fantastic to watch. And agree Chris Taylor has that bit of something that classy centres have.

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Great talking about the past lads , but our new signing is here and in contention for Sunday, didn't realise he had signed a 2 year deal as well, hope jet lag doesn't hit him and we get to see him in action, UTT 🔵⚪🏉

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Great talking about the past lads , but our new signing is here and in contention for Sunday, didn't realise he had signed a 2 year deal as well, hope jet lag doesn't hit him and we get to see him in action, UTT 🔵⚪🏉

He looks a big'un , somewhere between Andrew Beattie and Brett McDermott, hope he's as good. 

34 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

The caption says "will he be the only new face on Sunday?" . 

• Like 1

Chris Taylor has been named in the L1 team of the month, along with Stevie Scholey and Matty Hensen. Well deserved for all 3 of them.

• Like 12

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

26 minutes ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

We are delighted to inform you that Pone Tongia is preparing to travel to the UK tomorrow as his Visa was approved, a superb video is on our social media, thanks JS Design for your work. 

UTT

You and the people there are doing a great job mate 👍

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

We are delighted to inform you that Pone Tongia is preparing to travel to the UK tomorrow as his Visa was approved, a superb video is on our social media, thanks JS Design for your work. 

UTT

Great news, well done everyone , UTT 🔵 ⚪ 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

New face 😁 

Ellis is already part of our squad. 

Happy hour announced from 'Whistle to whistle' 

End of mens game to start of Ladies game! 

UTT 

Ano, but meant his debut  looking forward to seeing him