Rochdale

Thought we put a good shift in today and would have won more comfortably in better conditions. The ref wasn’t t good but he was 10 times worse against Oldham. Great to have Jordan back, we are a different team when he plays.

• Like 2

Good win today, leased said about the ref the better,he really must hate coming up here, Liam Mc best game a, one observation and nothing about the game but when are we getting our score board fixed or another set up , it really is quite annoying having to remember the score, my old brain can't take it, also isn't it a requirement that a score board is present, heard some hornet fans complaining about it. UTT 🔵 ⚪ 

• Like 2

Thought Jake Bradley was awesome today both in defence and attack, the lad puts his body on the line doesn't he. We are a few players short of being a really really good team I think.

• Like 4

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

6 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Thought Jake Bradley was awesome today both in defence and attack, the lad puts his body on the line doesn't he. We are a few players short of being a really really good team I think.

Jake looked like he was struggling with an injury 2nd half yet kept taking it in, making his tackles etc. Belting player.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Stephenson runs hard as well 

Our pack is excellent, just missing a bit of mongrel and maybe some size. Walton, JJ, Stevie, baby Vince and the rest all make great contributions both with and without the ball, all steered superbly by Matty. Getting the PNG lad will add size and hopefully he's aggressive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dkw said:

It's not so much the bad decisions, it's the ridiculous inconsistencies that shows he's either a terrible ref or taking the pee. 

The trouble is there not answerable to anyone they have a new supremo in Mr Bentham. But he will only be  interested in the Super league referees they need sorted in the lower leagues there just picking up pocket money. Shame full . 

• Like 3

In response to many comments on here, I feel it's now time to comment. 

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate our coach, our DOR and the staff who work within our set up who have steered us through the tough first 1/4 of the season. 

Today was a good performance and I feel a stronger win than the score suggests. 

We have been challenged, come up short on occasion and also excelled too. There is much to be very positive about this season as it develops. 

As a club, we strive to involve the whole local community.

Someone asked on this thread, 

Is this the type of club we've become?

We have become one that has opened it's arms to the community, and one that wants all people connected to be part of sustainable change and improvement. 

At the home fixture v Oldham, a long standing supporter was asked to move his flag to an area over the popular side perimeter fencing that does not obscure the view of a sponsors boards.

For me a very reasonable request, and a request that I'd expect to be met with a reasonable response.

These requests have been met with uncooperative responses and even when club Ground safety officers  have approached said 'supporter' we have been met with a completely unacceptable response. 

Factually I'd like to make all aware that since my involvement with the club (6yrs) that this has happened each year. Directors have asked directly for him to not do this. 

A supporter, who I'm aware has been a huge supporter and done many things to help over the years simply has chosen to not comply with requests.

I have spoken and had private messaged the person in question, and must say, I have enjoyed good dialogue, so for this to keep recurring is frustrating and disappointing in each equal measure. 

I compare this simply with this:

If I go into a pub and consistently refuse to adhere to the landlords requests I would expect to be asked to leave or be asked not to return.

What is the difference? 

I am involved directly with attaining and retaining sponsors and now as Chairman, I'm responsible for leading this club forward, to evolve and develop. Hindering this progress does not sit well with me, it is a very challenging time, trust me I know how hard it is to get new sponsors and also how important it is to retain our current ones. 

I also know how difficult it is to find ground safety officers, trust me this essential role is absolutely vital to any game going ahead at any sports ground, so to have a very unhappy GSO puts some clarity on the response and respect given to our staff member. 

If any of the posters on this thread would like to discuss the issue, please don't hide behind your forum name, contact me and we will discuss this and any other point you'd like to talk about.

I think I'm approachable, fair and listen to our fans. 

So my email is graemepeerstownrlfc@gmail.com 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

The decision by our board wasn't made easily, but as for every decision made, we make it with the best overall interests of Workington Town RLFC at the top of that decision making process. 

Please enjoy the win, we deserved it and any comments / discussion you can contact me. 

Graeme

Chairman 

Workington Town RLFC 

UTT 

Edited by WTRLFC WEBSITE
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Our pack is excellent, just missing a bit of mongrel and maybe some size. Walton, JJ, Stevie, baby Vince and the rest all make great contributions both with and without the ball, all steered superbly by Matty. Getting the PNG lad will add size and hopefully he's aggressive.

I thought he was an Tongan dwk, i maybe wrong but nevertheless he would be more than welcome.. UTT🏉🏉🏉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

In response to many comments on here, I feel it's now time to comment. 

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate our coach, our DOR and the staff who work within our set up who have steered us through the tough first 1/4 of the season. 

Today was a good performance and I feel a stronger win than the score suggests. 

We have been challenged, come up short on occasion and also excelled too. There is much to be very positive about this season as it develops. 

As a club, we strive to involve the whole local community.

Someone asked on this thread, 

Is this the type of club we've become?

We have become one that has opened it's arms to the community, and one that wants all people connected to be part of sustainable change and improvement. 

At the home fixture v Oldham, a long standing supporter was asked to move his flag to an area over the popular side perimeter fencing that does not obscure the view of a sponsors boards.

For me a very reasonable request, and a request that I'd expect to be met with a reasonable response.

These requests have been met with uncooperative responses and even when club Ground safety officers  have approached said 'supporter' we have been met with a completely unacceptable response. 

Factually I'd like to make all aware that since my involvement with the club (6yrs) that this has happened each year. Directors have asked directly for him to not do this, and have been treated with dismissive distain.

A supporter, who I'm aware has been a huge supporter and done many things to help over the years simply has chosen to not comply with requets. I have spoken and had private messaged the person in question, and must say, I have enjoyed good dialogue, so for this to keep recurring is frustrating and disappointing in each equal measure. 

I compare this simply with this:

If I go into a pub and consistently refuse to adhere to the landlords requests I would expect to be asked to leave I is or be asked not to return.

What is the difference? 

I am involved directly with attaining and retaining all sponsors and now as Chairman, I'm responsible for leading this club forward, to evolve and develop. Hindering this progress does not sit well with me, as trust me I know how hard it is to get new sponsors and also how important it is to retain our current ones. 

I also know how difficult it is to find calm, sensible and measured ground safety officers, trust me this essential role is absolutely vital to any game going ahead at any sports ground, so to have a very unhappy GSO asking for action puts some clarity on the response and respect given to our staff member. 

If any of the posters on this thread would like more detail, or would like to discuss the issue, please don't hide behind your forum name, contact me and we will discuss this and any other point you'd like to talk about.

I think I'm approachable, fair and listen to our fans. 

So my email is graemepeerstownrlfc@gmail.com 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

The decision by our board wasn't made easily, but as for every decision made, we make it with the best overall interests of Workington Town RLFC at the top of that decision making process. 

Please enjoy the win, we deserved it and any comments / discussion you can contact me. 

Graeme

Chairman 

Workington Town RLFC 

UTT 

Very fair response Graeme and I dont know the lad who was banned so don't have a dog in this fight.

Playing devils advocate I was looking at the popular side today it looks like there is 50% of the railings not covered by sponsor boards so the lad could have easily avoided this by simply putting his flag somewhere where the club don't get paid for advertising. However would it not have been a better decision to ban the flag from the ground and not the fan?? Looking at todays crowd I dont think we can afford to ban anyone!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Very fair response Graeme and I dont know the lad who was banned so don't have a dog in this fight.

Playing devils advocate I was looking at the popular side today it looks like there is 50% of the railings not covered by sponsor boards so the lad could have easily avoided this by simply putting his flag somewhere where the club don't get paid for advertising. However would it not have been a better decision to ban the flag from the ground and not the fan?? Looking at todays crowd I dont think we can afford to ban anyone!

Always 2 sides to every story but totally agree we can't afford to lose any supporters especially ones that have stuck by town through all the good and bad times

• Like 1

Shame they couldn't come to some sort of resolution. If the sponsor was adamant he didn't want the board moved and the lad wouldnt budge on moving the flag there's not a lot you can do. I hope it's not a question of losing a sponsor for a couple of hundred quid because we all know how much we spend per season to go to home games nevermind what we spend going away. 

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

Shame they couldn't come to some sort of resolution. If the sponsor was adamant he didn't want the board moved and the lad wouldnt budge on moving the flag there's not a lot you can do. I hope it's not a question of losing a sponsor for a couple of hundred quid because we all know how much we spend per season to go to home games nevermind what we spend going away. 

It sounds like he's been offered several alternative places to put the flag but decided he didn't want to. I'll be honest if I'd paid good money for a sponsors board and it was blocked out then I wouldn't be happy either.

Hopefully it all gets sorted though, just all sounds very unnecessary.

In brighter news looks like our friends down the road are already turning on their new PNG messiah. Real shame that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dkw said:

It sounds like he's been offered several alternative places to put the flag but decided he didn't want to. I'll be honest if I'd paid good money for a sponsors board and it was blocked out then I wouldn't be happy either.

Hopefully it all gets sorted though, just all sounds very unnecessary.

In brighter news looks like our friends down the road are already turning on their new PNG messiah. Real shame that.

Agreed. 

Not the one spared prison ? Another one? I can't keep up with all their imports , I'm sure there's fewer come across the channel in dinghies than through the gates at the Recre !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Agreed. 

Not the one spared prison ? Another one? I can't keep up with all their imports , I'm sure there's fewer come across the channel in dinghies than through the gates at the Recre !

No the new amazing superstar full back Gebbie who has been dropped. Saying on there forum he's not fit, not bothering in training etc.

The prison dodger is a separate issue that we all just need to move on from apparently ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, flaggymcflagface said:

Sad to hear a FAN has been told not to return to DP. It demonstrates the real state of the club and I'd place a bet with anyone, that it's just a matter of time before the club end up in financial turmoil. 

We have a non executive chairman who has a max of 10 shares in the club (£50) and contributes nothing else. I was part of the club when said chairman came along to help Barry. The now chairman confirmed he knew nothing about rugby league, had no interest and was at the club to help Barry (others will confirm these) he said in a recent article he played rugby league...... no he hasn't. He works at Sellafield and has NO business background. Can someone please explain why he's the chairman of a semi professional rugby league club, which is a run as a business? This is a man that admits he knows nothing about rugby league, never played, has no business experience and has a max of 10 shares. Now he's banning people for flying a flag! A recent coach also confirmed that there was no one at the club that got along with him and as matter of fact he held the club back. I'm happy debate if people think I'm wrong. 

Don't know where this comment has came from and flag debate aside...

The chairman would have been voted in...in a fair governance process. 

His experience may not suggest RL chairman but he has stepped up and took on a role that will be alot of work and toil for little reward.

Away from RL the club have some promising projects and decent sponsors. 

On field results may not be the best but cannot knock the club off field

• Like 3

What a disgusting and unneeded personal attack that is, at least have the guts to put your name to it.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, flaggymcflagface said:

Sad to hear a FAN has been told not to return to DP. It demonstrates the real state of the club and I'd place a bet with anyone, that it's just a matter of time before the club ends up in financial turmoil. 

We have a non executive chairman who has a max of 10 shares in the club (£50) and contributes nothing else. I was part of the club when said chairman came along to help Barry. The now chairman confirmed he knew nothing about rugby league, had no interest and was at the club to help Barry (others will confirm this) he said in a recent article he played rugby league...... no he hasn't. He works at Sellafield and has NO business background. Can someone please explain why he's the chairman of a semi professional rugby league club, which is run as a business? This is a man that admits he knows nothing about rugby league, never played, has no business experience and has a max of 10 shares. Now he's banning people for flying a flag! A recent coach also confirmed that there was no one at the club that got along with him and as matter of fact he held the club back. I'm happy debate if people think I'm wrong. 

If you are gonna come on to the forum and personally attack someone you should grow a pair and reveal yourself. 

I myself have witnessed the hard work Graeme puts in to ensure we have a club to continue to follow. He is an approachable guy and will happily discuss any issues you may have. 

What makes you think the club are going to be in financial turmoil again? If you think you can do a better job than Graeme and the current people running the club you should go down and offer your expertise. If anyone is holding the club back it’s people who spout ###### like you. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, flaggymcflagface said:

Sad to hear a FAN has been told not to return to DP. It demonstrates the real state of the club and I'd place a bet with anyone, that it's just a matter of time before the club ends up in financial turmoil. 

We have a non executive chairman who has a max of 10 shares in the club (£50) and contributes nothing else. I was part of the club when said chairman came along to help Barry. The now chairman confirmed he knew nothing about rugby league, had no interest and was at the club to help Barry (others will confirm this) he said in a recent article he played rugby league...... no he hasn't. He works at Sellafield and has NO business background. Can someone please explain why he's the chairman of a semi professional rugby league club, which is run as a business? This is a man that admits he knows nothing about rugby league, never played, has no business experience and has a max of 10 shares. Now he's banning people for flying a flag! A recent coach also confirmed that there was no one at the club that got along with him and as matter of fact he held the club back. I'm happy debate if people think I'm wrong. 

I think you're on your own there , most folk can see what a good job he's doing. If you read his post earlier he had tried to reason with the lad with the flag but he wasn't playing ball . It's really hard to put out a good product in this area while balancing the books but everybody at the club are striving to make it happen .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, flaggymcflagface said:

Not quite sure a personal attack on an individual who is one part of a club is the right way to go on here. I might be wrong but I think our chairman is involved in acquiring and keeping sponsors, given the number of new sponsors that have come on board over the last couple of years I would have thought there was a pretty good job being done. I think any semi pro rugby league club will be close to financial turmoil, especially at our level, but given the way that the stadium is now being used, plus new sponsors, and the fact we are trying to bring through young Cumbrians we are giving ourselves the best possible chance to succeed.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, flaggymcflagface said:

It's also a real shame to see the official supporters club has such an aggressive person behind it. I think its fair to say you won't be getting anymore of my cash. 

OK, bye

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, flaggymcflagface said:

I'm not on my own, that's for sure. I was there when Graeme came down to help Barrie and I was there for several years after. I know what happens behind closed doors and you don't. What would you rather have? A chairman who invests money into the club, who's a businessman and has an interest in rl or a chairman who works for a company at Sellafield, has 10 shares (£50) and openly admits their not interested in rugby league because they're a football person.  There's only one correct answer here.

Your criteria for chair is quite specific, do you think such individuals are about and are interested in the role? If so has anything prevented them from standing as chair?