Match thread: Championship Round 4. Doncaster v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 14th April 2024.

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Nine ex-Fev players in the Doncaster squad, you can be pretty sure they'll be up for this one.

Craig Hall and Misi added to last week's squad. Ruan and Tali out. I'd be surprised if both play. Misi will miss out IMO.

24 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Does anyone have an update on how long lacans will be out for?

I know this doesn't answer your question correctly but I've heard 4 and 8 weeks so who knows? Hopefully someone will sooner rather then later.

13 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I know this doesn't answer your question correctly but I've heard 4 and 8 weeks so who knows? Hopefully someone will sooner rather then later.

Wearing a boot , could be a while.

25 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Odd one to see Reynolds back at Fev so soon. 

On the one hand, we really need a halfback, he's available and he knows the team well.

On the other hand, he dumped the club after three matches and walked out. How will that affect "team spirit"?

"How will that affect" team spirit?" I suspect much less than most would expect. Many of them would have done the same if offered a big pay rise with which to support their families. They are professional players not fans. Very, very different.

Edited by fevnut
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

On the one hand, we really need a halfback, he's available and he knows the team well.

On the other hand, he dumped the club after three matches and walked out. How will that affect "team spirit"?

I heard we got 80k for him, if true no way could we turn that down and he wanted full time. Needs must iam afraid and if it affects team spirt then they want to go play else where. He's on DR and we are desperate for a decent half back,hopefully the team will have that team spirt for the fans and the club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fevnut said:

"How will that affect" team spirit?" I suspect much less than most would expect. Many of them would have done the same if offered a big pay rise with which to support their families. They are professional players not fans. Very, very different.

My comment was much less to do with professional players seeking the best financial deal for themselves and much more to do with the accompanying baggage of the player involved.

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

I heard we got 80k for him, if true no way could we turn that down and he wanted full time. Needs must iam afraid and if it affects team spirt then they want to go play else where. He's on DR and we are desperate for a decent half back,hopefully the team will have that team spirt for the fans and the club.

I heard from a good source we got 85k for him and like you say we needed the money.No one missing out really with Reynolds back Lacans out for a while and Bowes not up to the half back position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

That's the only worry I have Mark. When you take DR players they are normally young eager players trying to prove a point. A few of the Leeds players 'cut their teeth ' with Rovers. Ben has nothing to prove. Just let's hope he gives his all tomorrow. He is something we are missing since Lacans got injured. I, like the majority of fans felt betrayed by his sudden departure but it may have had something to do with the club needing urgent monies. Only tomorrow will tell

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

I think we get obsessed with the 2 hookers thing.  Jones can do 80 mins week in week out.  He seems to be super fit and one of those that rarely gets injured - if at all.  (Just jinxed him)

As a Donny fan I agree. Hookers don't always need spelling. Burns or Lovodua are well capable of 80 minutes for us.  The 4th bench spot should be a utility.

Edited by Rene_Artois

1 hour ago, Rene_Artois said:

As a Donny fan I agree. Hookers don't always need spelling. Burns or Lovodua are well capable of 80 minutes for us.  The 4th bench spot should be a utility.

That's why I'd have a 2nd hooker on the bench for us. Jones is a half decent centre if required, so offers us the choice of shuffling around the backs if necessary in the event of an injury.

• Thanks 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I heard from a good source we got 85k for him and like you say we needed the money.No one missing out really with Reynolds back Lacans out for a while and Bowes not up to the half back position.

Any advance on 85 😂.

• Haha 1