Match thread: Championship Round 4. Doncaster v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 14th April 2024.

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Doncaster have I believe 10 ex-Fev players on the books...5 are starting, 3 on the bench, one is 18th man and the other is injured.

Doncaster Rovers Rlfc.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed today. Wasn’t going to go after last week but glad I did! Shame they can’t fill the ground a bit more although the supporters were very welcoming. Having been a critic of Brad Day last season I’m happy to take it all back he’s become a really important player. 

• Like 1

On Doncaster facebook page some of  their fans have a couple of threads going stating that Donny  were ###### 💩 today and made Fev look good when they really weren’t. All I can say look at the score!!

• Like 1

Im Fev and im proud

10 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

On Doncaster facebook page some of  their fans have a couple of threads going stating that Donny  were ###### 💩 today and made Fev look good when they really weren’t. All I can say look at the score!!

Here you go M

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Makes you think take Fev and Wakefields away support out of the league and numbers could be a depressing read. 

Why have we stopped announcing our home attendances, another management ploy! Ridiculous in this day and age.

Just now, Cas rover said:

Why have we stopped announcing our home attendances, another management ploy! Ridiculous in this day and age.

But we aren't the only club not announcing them.

14 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

To be fair plenty of our fans were saying the same about Bradford last week! I do think when we're assessing our performance we have to take into account how the opponents played, and Doncaster were pretty dreadful yesterday in my opinion, their coach said their completion rate was 50% and if that's correct it's no wonder we were so dominant.

I think sometimes there's a "good" time to play certain opponents, I think Bradford got that last week when we had had 3 brutal games against Wakefield (twice) and Leigh, as well as the players missing through injury (which they had too).  Doncaster for me played much worse than they did against Wakefield last week, and presumably against Sheffield the week before when they would have beaten the Eagles barring a couple of shocking mistakes from kicks.

Still, it was terrific to get such a convincing victory after a pretty shakey start (I thought we were moderate for much of the first half if I'm honest but much better in the 2nd half) and interesting to heard Fordy say there might be more players returning next week - Massey and Tanner perhaps?

Ford's interviews are really worth listening to closely as you can tell quite a lot from what he says and the way he says it. For instance the comments on Wynne are quite revealing about why he might not have played much lately but also why he might have earned his place back.

20 hours ago, Fevrover said:

He certainly made up for it lol.

Not half, he made some superb try-saving tackles.  Personally, I thought he played his heart out.  No lack of effort, that's for sure. £80k (if rumours are to be believed) and we get him back?  Good business if you can do it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

For instance the comments on Wynne are quite revealing about why he might not have played much lately but also why he might have earned his place back.

What were the comments about wynne ?