London Broncos v St Helens Venue Change

My 12 year old could have done a better video than that. Proper amateur-hour, cobbled together stuff. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

All it lacked was the 'Twickenham Stoop' bit coming in spinning at the end, like somebody had just discovered the animation function in PowerPoint '95... 🙄

I don't really mind the video - 

Can't say I was expecting us to ever play at The Stoop again, so this wasn't something I saw coming.

Much happier for this, rather than playing down in Ebbsfleet again.

36 minutes ago, Worzel said:

My 12 year old could have done a better video than that. Proper amateur-hour, cobbled together stuff. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

All it lacked was the 'Twickenham Stoop' bit coming in spinning at the end, like somebody had just discovered the animation function in PowerPoint '95... 🙄

Broadly, the story it tells is the gradual decline of the club!

49 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Broadly, the story it tells is the gradual decline of the club!

Yes. I'm not quite sure anybody storyboarded the message, or thought it through before. You could easily have made a nostalgic vid about the good times at The Stoop. This is a long way from that!! 

1 hour ago, Click said:

I don't really mind the video - 

Can't say I was expecting us to ever play at The Stoop again, so this wasn't something I saw coming.

Much happier for this, rather than playing down in Ebbsfleet again.

Castleford Tigers is nailed on for Ebbsfleet 

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Castleford Tigers is nailed on for Ebbsfleet 

I would certainly hope not Paul ☹️

As your in the know, will they be playing Sunday 14th July

Looking forward to returning to The Stoop as at least there will be one decent rugby league team playing there .....

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

10 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I was thinking the exact same....some great memories of fuller crowds and competitive squads

Like all things Broncos, several highs - World Club Championship beating Canberra, 2nd in league, McLinden, Hill, Retchless, Gill, Wardy, vibrant bar and post match music, kids zones and lows - Gus Mackay, heavy defeats, heavy opening night defeats, downward trajectory, falling out (again) with landlords ....... and funnies, Warrington fan(s) burning jerseys after getting flogged, will always stick with me!

Edited by Magic XIII
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

Like all things Broncos, several highs - World Club Championship beating Canberra, 2nd in league, McLinden, Hill, Retchless, Gill, Wardy, vibrant bar and post match music, kids zones and lows - Gus Mackay, heavy defeats, heavy opening night defeats, downward trajectory, falling out (again) with landlords ....... and funnies, Warrington fan(s) burning jerseys after getting flogged, will always stick with me!

Thank goodness IMG have come in to restore London to it's glory days!

2 hours ago, sam4731 said:

Thank goodness IMG have come in to restore London to it's glory days!

It's not for IMG to restore London, it's David Hughes as the current custodian. If he isn't able or doesn't want to, then he should find someone who will (easier said than done) or we, the fans, have to accept where we are at.

28 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

It's not for IMG to restore London, it's David Hughes as the current custodian. If he isn't able or doesn't want to, then he should find someone who will (easier said than done) or we, the fans, have to accept where we are at.

I would think getting into SL on merit is enough of a reason to be given the chance to be competitive. Let's be honest, Londons results on the field this year reflect the pointlessness of their season.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

I would think getting into SL on merit is enough of a reason to be given the chance to be competitive. Let's be honest, Londons results on the field this year reflect the pointlessness of their season.

Agree, w/o the IMG grading it's conceivable Hughes might have dug deep and put a competitive side together.

Edited by Magic XIII
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sam4731 said:

London’s IMG score is a fair reflection of David Hughes’s investment.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

18 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

London’s IMG score is a fair reflection of David Hughes’s investment.

Correct but the whole 'IMG grading system' is a load of male cow waste to begin with.

46 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Correct but the whole 'IMG grading system' is a load of male cow waste to begin with.

Somewhat irrelevant to the venue change whereas Hughes’s failures are highlighted by the current Broncos incarnation returning to the Stoop

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Went to the Stoop one early evening back in the day

Has changed a lot since then I think. I seem to remember a lot of temporary stands and a big jazz marquee for pre match. After that Richmond down the road is not the worst place in London to spend an evening

I think London is important to the game as a team in the Capital helps the game escape the M62 tag. Don't want to ignite that debate but if they are in they need a competitive team and to be playing in a decent stadium (long term).

If it is affordable somewhere like the stoop is ideal. Well connected, easy to get to and plenty of parking etc etc. Would like to see them back there.

6 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

I don't think there is anybody out there with the money and the interest to help them apart from David Hughes. I do note that Ebbsfleet Fc have middle east owners, so perhaps David Hughes could ask them to come onboard, and also a note that Damian Irvine is the CEO there, a man who's been involved in Rugby League here and in Australia in the past.

Why aren't they playing it at Wimbledon?