Sat 20th Apr: SL: Warrington Wolves v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/04/24 at 14:30

Holy mackerel! The game's turned and now Leigh have to chase.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’m so glad I’ve never seen Dwyer in a Wigan shirt. He must be the most frustrating player to have in your side. 

Winning score from him incoming. 

• Like 1

Is Leon Hayes any relation to the St Helens/Salford/Oldham winger of the Nineties Joey Hayes?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Game of the season so far IMO.

Warrington came back to win, but Leigh's defence didn't deserve to see them lose.

I think that's an 80 minutes that will stand both teams in great stead. I thought Leigh were the better team for 65 minutes, but Warrington's ability to winreflects well on the mentality Burgess is instilling.

• Like 1

Ah well that's what happens one team is winning and the other is losing, Leigh won those last year, but every confidence it will come for Leigh and they will spoil some other teams aspirations.

Mulhern must have broke down again not to come back on, and he was missed.

• Like 1

Signs that the warm weather will really suit Moylan and Lam in attack.

Warrington managed to get on top a bit in that last 15, but it could have gone either way.

I hope Leigh can take inspiration from that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Anyone else see the knock on before that Wire try ?

Wondered if it was just me. I could be wrong but Ashton seemed to lose it, pick it up and play the ball. As Dufty got the ball, I was thinking it would be controversial if Wire scored but the Sky team didn’t seem to notice it. 

• Like 1

I thought Leigh were unlucky, better team for most of it. I thought we were tactically outplayed and Leigh had a little more energy. 

But I'm delighted to pick up the win. The winning try was genuine class. Dufty's contribution superb and that hand-off was brilliant. Thewlis did great in that play. 

A lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon in the sun. 

• Like 1

I know it's easy to type this after your team has won, but I thought Leigh were excellent today. Really good supporters too. 

They will take great heart from that performance and win some big games this summer.

• Like 1