Paul Rowley offered contract to be new head coach at Hull FC...

6 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I would suggest with the amoung of coaches that Hull FC have had in recent years the job is poison chalice.

This along with a very average junior set up and the fact that agents will push the prices up of their players knowing Hull will have to pay over the odds for quality and it all adds to the time any rebuild will take. Like I said above other teams mentioned all had things to work with, either a couple of strong current players or terrific junior set up, where as Hull really have nothing at this point.

Who would be the player/players that Hull could try and build a team round? Because they are such a mess having to overpay to get a marquee signing or two ends up hampering them even further especially when a lot of the teams around them have exemptions allowing them to over spend the cap.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

This along with a very average junior set up and the fact that agents will push the prices up of their players knowing Hull will have to pay over the odds for quality and it all adds to the time any rebuild will take. Like I said above other teams mentioned all had things to work with, either a couple of strong current players or terrific junior set up, where as Hull really have nothing at this point.

Who would be the player/players that Hull could try and build a team round? Because they are such a mess having to overpay to get a marquee signing or two ends up hampering them even further especially when a lot of the teams around them have exemptions allowing them to over spend the cap.

A very average junior set up at Hull?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

This along with a very average junior set up

Our academy is going along very nicely thank you, even after losing players to the first team.

• Like 1
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I wonder what the game would look like today if the RFL had granted The Good Doc his wish, 

I just wonder whether Dr Koukash would've declared bankruptcy that little bit sooner in that case?

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Hi Rob, in my opinion the best thing that your lot could do is go to Aus and employ a coach who is respected by players over there someone of the ilk of Leigh coach Adrian Lam, with his little black book of contacts he has brought some really good player's over here French and Field at Wigan, then there is the Leigh contingent, and don't forget he has done it at Leigh with exactly zilch exceptions allowing them to overspend on the cap, and no reserves till this year, and no academy. You may say what use is that Leigh have only won one game this year like Hull which is true, but even with the injuries we have been competitive in nearly all the games and we the supporters are not dismayed, we know it will come with key players back.

10 minutes ago, JonM said:

I just wonder whether Dr Koukash would've declared bankruptcy that little bit sooner in that case?

Irrespective of what would have happened to Dr Koucash in the future Jon, the question was if he had had is request granted and the SC abolished would the game be better or worse today, would we have attracted those with the abillity to spend?

16 minutes ago, RoyBoy295 said:

Didnt Salford put a post out about Tyler Dupree staying, then days later he is in a Wigan shirt.

Rowley to Leeds.

Would be surprised.  Salford gave Hull a figure of 150k as compensation.  Hull appear to have agreed to paying it.  Imo that means that Salford were willing to let him go, so it’s not a case of ‘we dont want you leave Paul’.

If any other Club nearer to his home matches that offer I’m sure the Reds will not stand in his way.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

If any other Club nearer to his home matches that offer I’m sure the Reds will not stand in his way.

Any suggestions LD, Leigh No, Wire No. Wigan No, Saints hmmm. if they have any sense they should do, Wellens like Cunningham got the sympathy vote to be coach, he is clearly not up to it. So that leaves Swinton, Oldham, Rochdale and Widnes !

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Would be surprised.  Salford gave Hull a figure of 150k as compensation.  Hull appear to have agreed to paying it.  Imo that means that Salford were willing to let him go, so it’s not a case of ‘we dont want you leave Paul’.

Have you tried driving between Salford and Headingley several times a week? 

11 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Have you tried driving between Salford and Headingley several times a week? 

Croft and Ackers currently do something similar. The cross pennines car share is a little known tradition in RL!

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

See that game still sticks in your throat some 8 years on, just on that game alone Salford had lost the game and were heading for the Champonship with about a minute and a half to go and KR were in the SL next season, then one of the best finishes one will ever witness took place, no wonder there was euphoria from the *winning boss, and I seem to remember that there was an enquiry by the RFL into the behaviour of both sets of fans, don't tell me that that the HKR fans involved were all provoked and not just aggrevated with the loss and needed to take it out on someone.

* Only last season we also saw to other club owners letting it all go, Eamon McManus dancing across the field in Sydney and our own Derek Beaumont at Wembley.

It was a very special moment for Marwen Koucash, Worzel.

Oh purleease. One of us was there, the other one has a certain axe to grind. The now-bankrupt, “Lancashire’s BestvWalter Mitty Tribute Act 2021” Marwan Koucash led a pitch invasion whilst waving a giant comedy £1m cheque at all the Hull KR fans. That’s off-the-scale, classless behaviour and downright dangerous.

Getting relegated that season, the local community’s reaction to it (we sold more memberships the next year), the emotional impact that had on Neil Hudgell, and the consequent transformative changes to how we do things, was the best thing to happen to Hull KR since 1985. We were reborn that day. So no, I’m not bitter about the result. 

Unlike you though, I’m still able to take my blinkers off and call a spade a spade. Koucash spent money he didn’t have, Salford left a trail of debt behind them, and yes they cheated that season. It’s beyond debate. Financial doping, nothing less. 

13 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Any suggestions LD, Leigh No, Wire No. Wigan No, Saints hmmm. if they have any sense they should do, Wellens like Cunningham got the sympathy vote to be coach, he is clearly not up to it. So that leaves Swinton, Oldham, Rochdale and Widnes !

There is a fair bit of discomfort on Red V forum regarding Wellens but then these are the same fans that said Walmsley was garbage.

Like I said, Salford have offered Rowley already for £150k. There is no forever home at the Reds.

Anyway, could be that McDemott and Briers are in the box seat, according to Sky, which I’m surprised at.  
In the first instance I would have preferred Holbrook over everyone else but sacking Tony Smith didn’t make sense to me.  Serious injuries to key players, missing out on half backs and then players getting banned all exacerbated the situation.

Edited by Lowdesert

10 hours ago, Worzel said:

Oh purleease. One of us was there, the other one has a certain axe to grind. The now-bankrupt, “Lancashire’s BestvWalter Mitty Tribute Act 2021” Marwan Koucash led a pitch invasion whilst waving a giant comedy £1m cheque at all the Hull KR fans. That’s off-the-scale, classless behaviour and downright dangerous.

Getting relegated that season, the local community’s reaction to it (we sold more memberships the next year), the emotional impact that had on Neil Hudgell, and the consequent transformative changes to how we do things, was the best thing to happen to Hull KR since 1985. We were reborn that day. So no, I’m not bitter about the result. 

Unlike you though, I’m still able to take my blinkers off and call a spade a spade. Koucash spent money he didn’t have, Salford left a trail of debt behind them, and yes they cheated that season. It’s beyond debate. Financial doping, nothing less. 

What axe would I have to grind?

Well done to the KR fans for rallying around.

I have no blinkers, read back to the post of mine you answered where you got all protective, I answered Damien where he said Appointments and Investments work, I pointed out it didn't work at Salford with Nobby Nobles 'expierience' and Koucash's 'money', then I asked an open question, "if the SC had been dropped as Dr Koucash wanted would it have been better or worse going forward for the game.

58 minutes ago, BadlyOverdrawnBoy said:

Just wondering if the televised sacking of Radders had any influence on his decision. I know I would never work for someone as disrespectful as that.

This has been raised many times.  AP finished Radford before he announced it on Sky.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

This has been raised many times.  AP finished Radford before he announced it on Sky.

Indeed, but he announced it publicly on Sky not in a formal press release. Telling the coach 2 minutes prior doesn't make it much better imo.

The fact FC fans are so quick to jump on to defend only highlights how obviously negative it came across...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Indeed, but he announced it publicly on Sky not in a formal press release. Telling the coach 2 minutes prior doesn't make it much better imo.

The fact FC fans are so quick to jump on to defend only highlights how obviously negative it came across...

I agree.  It should have never been announced on camera at all imo, but the sequence wasn’t as BodB intimates, but AP puts the money in so I guess he can do things as he feels.

I think the control of the players had been lost by LF.  The catalyst was Ellis asking him to leave the dressing room after a loss.  Bad thing to do in front of the 1st team and I think is referred to in GE’s book.  

For the record, I don’t think Smith should’ve been sacked at all.  Sacking the coach without one to take over isn’t really a good plan in anyone’s book.  Never did make sense.  

29 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

For the record, I don’t think Smith should’ve been sacked at all.  Sacking the coach without one to take over isn’t really a good plan in anyone’s book.  Never did make sense.  

Something has to change. Smith had a full season and an off-season. I get he might have not been able to recruit all the players he wanted, but he got so little out of the ones he's got that it was just unacceptable. There was no confidence he could turn anything around.

Since he's gone, there's some visible changes happening. Whether they're good or bad, who knows, but the support was being lost through such inept performances that you've got to be shown to be doing something. They're the customers after all.

You can't have one win in 14 games (that one win being a last minute try at home against a newly promoted team with zero wins and guaranteed relegation), with 3 out of the last 4 by more than 50+, and expect to keep your job.

• Like 2
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

13 hours ago, Worzel said:

Well, not really. After bouncing back, you finished 3rd bottom (then 18pd away from being in another MPG), joint bottom and then bottom again. Relegation knocked you back years. Let's not rewrite history into some kind of "rising phoenix" underdog story. Had it but been for Widnes' compete collapse that year, you may have stayed down there.

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Well, not really. After bouncing back, you finished 3rd bottom (then 18pd away from being in another MPG), joint bottom and then bottom again. Relegation knocked you back years. Let's not rewrite history into some kind of "rising phoenix" underdog story. Had it but been for Widnes' compete collapse that year, you may have stayed down there.

You know nothing about our club, and how we felt during those years. Relegation was a turning point in our club's entire approach, culture and mindset. It created the platform for where we are now. You could feel the change. The prior decade was one of short-term thinking and no long-term strategy, even if we sometimes got a better league position. 

Not all clubs' fans are like your own. We're not entitled, thinking we're some sort of "big club" with a God-given right to be in the play off spots. On the East side of the river we're genuinely happy with the progress we're making, and enjoying the journey even though it has yet to create the sort of "destination" that you think is yours by right. Some of that journey was behind the scenes, in seasons you'd otherwise write off as failures based on league position. 

Frankly the sooner Hull FC focus on the hard yards involved in those years of Hull KR "failure" that you perceive, the sooner you might actually make some progress. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Worzel said:

You know nothing about our club, and how we felt during those years. Relegation was a turning point in our club's entire approach, culture and mindset. It created the platform for where we are now. You could feel the change. The prior decade was one of short-term thinking and no long-term strategy, even if we sometimes got a better league position. 

Not all clubs' fans are like your own. We're not entitled, thinking we're some sort of "big club" with a God-given right to be in the play off spots. On the East side of the river we're genuinely happy with the progress we're making, and enjoying the journey even though it has yet to create the sort of "destination" that you think is yours by right. Some of that journey was behind the scenes, in seasons you'd otherwise write off as failures based on league position. 

Frankly the sooner Hull FC focus on the hard yards involved in those years of Hull KR "failure" that you perceive, the sooner you might actually make some progress. 

You really need to get out of your own bubble because you're enjoying the smell of your own farts.

If you don't think finishing bottom and joint bottom were failures, you've got some interesting mental gymnastics. It's all part of the journey, nothing wrong with just saying "yeah, we had a rough few years rebuilding." I know plenty of Hull KR fans that hold their hand up to those shoddy years and did so at the time also. I won't tar them all with the same brush like you try to ours because I'm not that bitter.

Enjoy your progression. You should. But remember, you haven't won anything yet so maybe get down from that pedestal.