Match thread: Championship Round 7. Featherstone Rovers v Halifax. Sunday 5th May 2024.

You are right O.G., I have nothing against luke hooley, but why should fev get him fit for cas?, the sooner championship clubs break away from s.l. and have there own "A" teams even if its in armature rugby, the better, its the only way R.L. will survive, and bring back promotion and relegation two up two down.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Aye, and the longer lower league clubs keep doing this the longer and louder SL clubs will be laughing. Feeder clubs next stop. 🤬

Yes OG and proud clubs like Fev and Halifax are being thrown under a bus for the sake of the few. The game is becoming more insular year by year. By the way when do IMG start on their improvements?

• Like 1

What improvements ? The game is nearly on its knees, but with no P & R it is ON its knees

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Yes OG and proud clubs like Fev and Halifax are being thrown under a bus for the sake of the few. The game is becoming more insular year by year. By the way when do IMG start on their improvements?

The IMG grading table, which will determine the clubs that play in Super League next season, will be announced on October 23rd.Each club will then be involved in a moderation discussion regarding their score to ensure both the governing body and the clubs are in agreement. If they are not, the moderation will be used to determine whether the score needs to be amended or whether the score that has been provided is correct. 

Edited by POR
  • Haha 2

Quite right S you need a degree to understand the questions never mind the answers. We are  northern grass roots supporters who call a spade a spade and this s---t  is just a money making exercise for IMG and our RFL has fallen for all this speel to the detriment of us supporters )( not Super League.)

I have supported our great game since 1959 and have never felt so fed up with the way it is going from administration to this DR & loan farce to the mess of the challenge cup , need I go on.. Once we had a 30 team game where we were all in  it together for the glory , heartache etc of each and every match. Yes there were bigger teams than Fev but there was none of this(we are better than you ) syndrome.

Rant over for now 

• Like 3

Championship clubs need to pull out now, form there own leauge, then they will not be liable for the massive bill that img are going to throw at rfl. for what? To line img"s pockets!

• Like 1

Could not agree more, Ben. IMG are slowly methodically killing the game below SL

• Like 4

Looking forward to the game Sunday.i think we are favourites but Fax have pulled a few shock wins at P.O.R.  over the years.A win by 8 or more would be a good result for us.Difficult at the moment with unsettled team selection week to week but it is out of our hands really.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

.Difficult at the moment with unsettled team selection week to week but it is out of our hands really.

I think that's an important point. The teams that have done well this season (Sheffield, Widnes, not sure about Swinton) seem to have not been quite as plagued by injuries as the likes of us, Halifax, Bradford and 1 or 2 others, and we don't have anything like the quality depth of last season.

DR is a double edged sword. The super league clubs exploit it to keep their squads match fit, we then suffer as our fringe players don’t get game time. 
why send Farrar and Harris to Hull FC for reserves and then bring a KR reserve player to play for us. 
it has a place but the super league second teams should play every week and should be mandatory in super league and optional in champs

As it stands at the minute Casvegas will turn their score around and stay up. Toulouse are financially busted so will prob pull out or lose their place.

18 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

It's no accident either. That's the IMG/SL's ultimate goal.

Honestly feels like IMG want to cull under the fabled 14 SL places as that will be alot more "manageable" 

Another experimental half back combination ?

Masseys first match I hope he goes OK

Well that was a tense 70 minutes followed by a golden 10 minutes while down to 12 men.

We look absolutely frightened on our edge defence which we know about. But I did really show today. 

Turners link up play is growing. He's getting better and better. Once lacans is fit which I heard isn't that far away will be golden.

Thought Massey did well for, played big minutes for the ghost man this season that can only be a positive. Connor Wynne. No words. Showed his class today. Could be the season try leader for fev this year if he keeps his form up. 

5/10 most game. 8/10 last 10 mins

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Well that was a tense 70 minutes followed by a golden 10 minutes while down to 12 men.

We look absolutely frightened on our edge defence which we know about. But I did really show today. 

Turners link up play is growing. He's getting better and better. Once lacans is fit which I heard isn't that far away will be golden.

Thought Massey did well for, played big minutes for the ghost man this season that can only be a positive. Connor Wynne. No words. Showed his class today. Could be the season try leader for fev this year if he keeps his form up. 

5/10 most game. 8/10 last 10 mins

Played better with 12 men,Gaz came in stand and said it was a shoulder charge,shame ref missed the tackle on Hooley in the air.

Fev could really be dangerous if they slung the ball about more often. Credit to Fax they play with some width and wont be long before they click for Finny. Turners break was magic and Wynne is just getting better every game. Red carding Gale increased the atmosphere and lifted the players at the end. The referee looked a little inexperienced but where else to learn their trade than in the Fev cauldren

• Haha 1

Yes JP the referee was certainly inexperienced.. If Fax had been a bit more penetration on the edges they would have been out of sight in the first half, but happily they wernt. Enjoyed the game , that last 10 minutes was magic. This is the first time, i think that GG has been sent off the field never even been binned.That tackle off the field on Hooley was poor reffing. Massey played some good minutes and will only get better. Turner is a superb RL player pity we have not got a settled N06 to go with him. 

• Like 1

I wasn't at the game today but understand that Hooley played well and is class at this level

With Cas now having Hoy as their first choice full back, do you try to keep Hooley for the season and move Aekins back to 6, at least until Lacans is back?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

I wasn't at the game today but understand that Hooley played well and is class at this level

With Cas now having Hoy as their first choice full back, do you try to keep Hooley for the season and move Aekins back to 6, at least until Lacans is back?

Hooley was backing up well but wasn't given the ball but if we can keep him longer, then when the players get used to him being on their shoulder he will cause some damage. Fev need to be given a bit more freedom with the ball . Hooley kicked some good conversions and seemed to enjoy himself when he came over to the fans at the end.

• Like 1