Fri 3rd-Sun 5th May: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Posted (edited)

I did consider getting along to the LNER this afternoon. Figured York-Haven would be a close game - a decent watch for a neutral. Thank goodness I didn't waste twenty quid on that. At this rate, it won't be long before York's crowds are back into the hundreds. Super League?

Edited by Hopping Mad

Posted (edited)

Hunslet just took the lead against Keighley, in a tougher contest than maybe the hosts expected.

Still, at least the presenters and cameraman got tea and cake, courtesy of the club.

KEI 18:20 HUN

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 (four(!)) tries for Hunslet's Jude Ferreira now!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

FULL TIME - Keighley 18:26 Hunslet

1,389 in attendance

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

FULL TIME - Keighley 18:26 Hunslet

1,389 in attendance

That one's League 1 rather than Championship. But a great game nonetheless.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

That one's League 1 rather than Championship. But a great game nonetheless.

Oops!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dons in control until 5 minutes before and after HT. I feared the worst in the 2nd half as we were literally the walking wounded. To push Widnes to the last set of the game makes me proud of the lads. Very glad to have a week off. I reckon it'd be a different result had Pauli not failed HIA early in the game but it is what it is. Well done Widnes.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

York 0 -26 Haven HT 

The man in the middle ok this week then ? ☺ 

Edited by Fevrover
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Rene_Artois said:

Dons in control until 5 minutes before and after HT. I feared the worst in the 2nd half as we were literally the walking wounded. To push Widnes to the last set of the game makes me proud of the lads. Very glad to have a week off. I reckon it'd be a different result had Pauli not failed HIA early in the game but it is what it is. Well done Widnes.

This game was everything I expected when I realised I recognised most of the Doncaster team. Delighted to come out on the right side of it. Pretty sure we'd have lost it in recent seasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

55 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

FT York 16-36 Haven.

Not a good watch for Knights fans today, very poor in every department, no go forward, or shape, to be fair Haven were nothing special but they played straightforward honest rugby with bags of enthusiasm unlike York.I don’t know what has happened there , confidence looked shot to pieces, Harris came off injured looked like a shoulder problem, Dagger binned for 10 mins after telling the ref the haven player had dropped the ball when scoring, no excuse. Discipline and poor game management also an issue at the moment. I still don’t get why we need so many coaches, surely it just confuses things, there should be one guy telling them, that’s it. The players were gutted at full time, so it isn’t as if they aren’t trying and booing them like happened at half time doesn’t do anyone any good.

I can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel unfortunately.

next week could be embarrassing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1