The Player Availability thread

He’s off to Leeds and I’m glad we’ve gone away from signing old boys on big money and I hope it stays that way.

looks like we’re trying to release Tanner to free up cash to pay Chizzy back whose still owed 10k plus others but I think he’s being stubborn, not seen anything that makes me think he’s gonna be a world beater but we are shot through the middle

also half back is gunna be a problem cos of lacans instagram is anything to go by his ankle is still the size of a tennis ball even though he’s not in a boot I’d be suprised if it’s not atleast 2-3 months till we se him back 

15 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Personally I doubt it's money related, especially as they appear to have moved immediately to secure a replacement in Richardson. Reading between the lines of Shaw's piece... "the Black and Whites have signed the Rovers playmaker after he was unexpectedly made available" and "But after making just two appearances for the Craven Park club, a decision has been made to allow him to seek another challenge, which has ultimately emerged at the MKM Stadium."....that makes me wonder if relationships have soured between Reynolds and HKR.

It will be interesting to see the wording if and when this is announced by HKR.

Never.  Not Reynolds.  I won't have it.  Isn't he the most popular player in the dressing room usually ?

But seriously - how many times has he made us have to rethink out half back options this season.

At least now we can forget about him.

13 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

You will be hoping what I heard tonight is not true then. 🤣 Honestly though he would be good with an actually centre to play with.

He was a good player, but he’s getting older, picked up an injury on Sunday and is bound to be on decent money. Nothing against him as a player.

On 09/05/2024 at 09:41, sentoffagain2 said:

probably wants game time which he may get as Hull FC #

Some things never change S not in Hulls 21 this week 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rovers fev said:

Trying to offload Tanner to pay back old players he’s on serious cash aswell for what he’s given us 

Given the alleged financial situation, why sign him in the first place if that's the case. 🙄

• Like 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

With Hull fc now looking at Jake Trueman and youngster Charles at half back option Morgan could be a good capture on loan. I would be more interested in the No 6 playing in the Midlands who appears to be restarting his career in a lower league having shown his ability previously at fev

14 hours ago, POR said:

Some things never change S not in Hulls 21 this week 

I would expect him to get plenty of game time this season if my guess is right.I think he has been brought in to give direction to the young HullFC players who Myler seems to be going with.They probably need an organiser on the field can't see it being a long time solution maybe another season if he does well.

On 10/05/2024 at 23:25, fev regardless said:

With Hull fc now looking at Jake Trueman and youngster Charles at half back option Morgan could be a good capture on loan. I would be more interested in the No 6 playing in the Midlands who appears to be restarting his career in a lower league having shown his ability previously at fev

Good shout! He may be worth another look.

On 10/05/2024 at 23:25, fev regardless said:

I always liked him when he played for us (Dewsbury) but coaches seemed to move him on for whatever reason.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Maybe we need to secure a long term signing in the halves who actually wants to play for Fev. Stop getting DR players for so they can secure a move to another SL club and have some stability in the camp. 
KR have pillaged our squad (Reynolds) then farmed him out. They have used us to get players match for to move on to other clubs to reduce their own wage bill. 
I am not seeing many positive ti who is available to us on crappy DR on a week by week basis. For every one that is a positive three are not. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Keeping this top secret what about the no. 23 ?

😂😂

Yes, we had both Callum McLelland and Jake Sweeting at Rovers. They're both still young and worth keeping tabs on. I thought McLelland looked ok but he had a lot of injuries. Their team did lose at home to Cornwall today.

11 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Keeping this top secret what about the no. 23 ?

That's who I thought the previous couple of posts were about! He's, er, filled out a bit hasn't he? I thought Jack Bussey would be the only Fev player I'd ever see make the transition from half back to prop but now I'm not so sure.

We should look past Morgan Smith 

he couldn’t get into the wake side that got relegated. 
He is average at best at super league and can’t defend. He would get exposed and ruined in this league. 

29 minutes ago, Zinger said:

He is average at best at super league and can’t defend. He would get exposed and ruined in this league. 

I can't agree with any of that.  I don't think we should look at how he went in SL or any other club at any level for that matter - sometimes things just don't work out

I don't recall his defence being poor at Championship level in fact I seem to recall quite a few bit hits and try saving tackles. 22 tries in the season and to be fair if he's an average SL player at best - I'll take that.  We are a Championship club with only one half back after all.

Anyway its all pie in the sky stuff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RobLambert said:

I can't agree with any of that.  I don't think we should look at how he went in SL or any other club at any level for that matter - sometimes things just don't work out

I don't recall his defence being poor at Championship level in fact I seem to recall quite a few bit hits and try saving tackles. 22 tries in the season and to be fair if he's an average SL player at best - I'll take that.  We are a Championship club with only one half back after all.

Anyway its all pie in the sky stuff

That's my view too. He'd be a quality Championship player at any club

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Zinger said:

This doesn't make sense, a player that's average at SL level tends to stand out in the Championship.

FWIW my view on Morgan Smith is that he has always been a good Championship player who has appealed to a couple of SL teams as a cheap 3rd half back option because he's British and doesn't count on the quota.

He doesn't have the creativity in terms of the passing game to be a SL half back, in fact he's a very similar player to Lacans, a dangerous runner near the line with a decent short kicking game and tries hard defensively, my only concern with bringing him back is if it went well does he keep Lacans out of the team when he's fit again?

In terms of a long-term signing at half back I think it seems fairly evident that we don't have the finances to do that at the moment, in fact we have done very well to sign Turner when we did.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

52 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

. he's a very similar player to Lacans, a dangerous runner near the line with a decent e short kicking game and tries hard defensively,

Exactly I have always thought Morgan and Thomas are both  so so number sevens but  top notch number nines

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POR said:

Exactly I have always thought Morgan and Thomas are both  so so number sevens but  top notch number nines

Not sure about that. In both cases it's a useful sidestep from first or second receiver that makes them dangerous near the line, and whilst I know they have both played 9 in the past, I think if over a period of time they would both struggle defensively in the middle where they'd have to make 30+ tackles per game and they'd have big props dominating the collision against them all day.