Jump to content

Cup Final Ticket Info, anyone?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Damien said:

They really have become experts at it.

After being a fan for so many years I've been reluctant to be so critical, but yeah, I agree.

A few short years ago I presented some research to the board of the RFL that they asked us to do at Leeds Met Uni, and Richard Lewis behaved like an absolute idiot throughout (and that's being polite). 

The ex-players around the table seemed embarrassed by him and his officials. Steve McNamara in particular was so professional and friendly, I'll always respect him for it. 

That day I realised that the sport I love was maybe not in the right hands. 

Sorry, I'm going off topic but the point is this - that the administrators of our sport are not really, genuinely, deep-down, aware of the grass roots fans. 

I'll shut up now, sorry, I'm hogging the thread.

Edited by Leeds Wire
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

After being a fan for so many years I've been reluctant to be so critical, but yeah, I agree.

I few years ago presented some research to the board of the RFL that they asked us to do at Leeds Met Uni, and Richard Lewis behaved like an absolute idiot throughout (and that's being polite). 

The ex-players around the table seemed embarrassed by him and his officials. Steve McNamara in particular was so professional and friendly, I'll always respect him for it. 

That day I realised that the sport I love was maybe not in the right hands. 

Sorry, I'm going off topic but the point is this - that the administrators of our sport are not really, genuinely, deep-down, aware of the grass roots fans. 

I'll shut up now, sorry, I'm hogging the thread.

A thread you started. Crack on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

After being a fan for so many years I've been reluctant to be so critical, but yeah, I agree.

I few years ago presented some research to the board of the RFL that they asked us to do at Leeds Met Uni, and Richard Lewis behaved like an absolute idiot throughout (and that's being polite). 

The ex-players around the table seemed embarrassed by him and his officials. Steve McNamara in particular was so professional and friendly, I'll always respect him for it. 

That day I realised that the sport I love was maybe not in the right hands. 

Sorry, I'm going off topic but the point is this - that the administrators of our sport are not really, genuinely, deep-down, aware of the grass roots fans. 

I'll shut up now, sorry, I'm hogging the thread.

No need to apologise at all. Anecdotes like this are absolutely relevant to why the game is now where it is.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I'm taking it off topic! 

Genuine thanks for your comments. I've got so much more to say about that!

I'll wait and see if new tickets become available for Wembley. If it turns out that there are blooming thousands of available seats then it will be a massive issue. Let's give the RFL the benefit of the doubt for now. 

Again, apologies for flooding the board with me, me, me. 🥱

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Leeds Wire said:

I think I'm taking it off topic! 

Genuine thanks for your comments. I've got so much more to say about that!

I'll wait and see if new tickets become available for Wembley. If it turns out that there are blooming thousands of available seats then it will be a massive issue. Let's give the RFL the benefit of the doubt for now. 

Again, apologies for flooding the board with me, me, me. 🥱

You've only made 8 posts, it's Dave and his 12 that is all me, me, me 😂

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Hopie said:

Realised the link in the OP has a filter on it, so there are more tickets available than I thought, some for sale in each tier!

Those lower tier have only just come on sale

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Those lower tier have only just come on sale

Indeed, I was emailed about them earlier today.

But I couldn't see them from OPs link. 

Still no excuse for this drip feeding of tickets, but wanted to point out something others may have missed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There will be allocations all over the place in terms of partners, clubs etc. Not unusual in the slightest. Same thing happened with the play off final last week (😭) with prime seats reappearing when they were handed back from players and sponsors etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There were, I think, 20,000 empty seats at union's Challenge Cup final last night. I caught a few minutes during half time in the Super League games last night - and after Dunkerque's glorious victory over Cesson-Rennes in the French handball - and it was obvious that the tickets sold were the ones that would have the biggest impact on the TV. The whole thing, including crowd, was part of the spectacle.

The observation above could go in so many threads over the years on here - without the Dunkerque bit - and it's something we could easily do at Wembley without this part-selling of sections. I don't get why we consistently get simple things like even treating the game as an event you'd want to go to, wrong.

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

There will be allocations all over the place in terms of partners, clubs etc. Not unusual in the slightest. Same thing happened with the play off final last week (😭) with prime seats reappearing when they were handed back from players and sponsors etc

There will.

However, RLC really ought to have tickets for sale in every category, to cater for a range of demand - unless the lower bowl and CW really is sold out, of course. And if they are getting returns, just put a message about that somewhere with a date they'll appear. The ad hoc drip feed pisses buyers off.

The main problem we have is the game's track record in ticket sales - there's a dishonesty (word chosen carefully) about the way tickets are sold and regulars are fed up of it. I am.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

There will.

However, RLC really ought to have tickets for sale in every category, to cater for a range of demand - unless the lower bowl and CW really is sold out, of course. And if they are getting returns, just put a message about that somewhere with a date they'll appear. The ad hoc drip feed pisses buyers off.

The main problem we have is the game's track record in ticket sales - there's a dishonesty (word chosen carefully) about the way tickets are sold and regulars are fed up of it. I am.

Me too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

There will be allocations all over the place in terms of partners, clubs etc. Not unusual in the slightest. Same thing happened with the play off final last week (😭) with prime seats reappearing when they were handed back from players and sponsors etc

Yes and I do think this has been made worse by having allocations for more clubs. I wouldn't be surprised if those released in the Wigan end were from Sheffield (we know that Wakey are sharing the Wire end). 

I do also think that when we see alternate tickets on sale, it's probably just a reflection of them selling one block via two sources. I. E. The RFL hold half and the club holds half. 

But, none of this changes the fact that it can be quite difficult to get decent tickets for an event with 30k empty seats. 

Club Wembley is the best view but it's almost impossible to get them as a neutral, yet it just won't be full. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Dave T said:

...

Club Wembley is the best view but it's almost impossible to get them as a neutral, yet it just won't be full. 

This is a bugbear of mine.

Granted our fanbase is probably poorer on average than other fanbases but there is also plenty of demand for the best seats at expensive prices - there are a lot of people with decent disposable income interested in attending RL events.

We then make two mistakes - we price the best seats too low and compound that by making it look like all those seats are sold. People willing to spend £75 on the best seats are pointed to the £20 seats they don't want.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

There will.

However, RLC really ought to have tickets for sale in every category, to cater for a range of demand - unless the lower bowl and CW really is sold out, of course. And if they are getting returns, just put a message about that somewhere with a date they'll appear. The ad hoc drip feed pisses buyers off.

The main problem we have is the game's track record in ticket sales - there's a dishonesty (word chosen carefully) about the way tickets are sold and regulars are fed up of it. I am.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Yes and I do think this has been made worse by having allocations for more clubs. I wouldn't be surprised if those released in the Wigan end were from Sheffield (we know that Wakey are sharing the Wire end). 

I do also think that when we see alternate tickets on sale, it's probably just a reflection of them selling one block via two sources. I. E. The RFL hold half and the club holds half. 

But, none of this changes the fact that it can be quite difficult to get decent tickets for an event with 30k empty seats. 

Club Wembley is the best view but it's almost impossible to get them as a neutral, yet it just won't be full. 

Essentially it comes down to having as many seats marked as ‘sold’ as possible, regardless of the likelihood of them turning up. Very rare for any of the Championship/League One clubs to sell all (any?) of their compulsory tickets, but it’s a couple of thousand in the pot all the same.

Having allocations with six different competing clubs really doesn’t help either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, KendalBlue said:

When better seats have become available in the same price band, has anyone tried/had any luck ringing the RFL ticket office to change their seats?

I get where you’re coming from but who’s going to bother and why should they? I’ve rang about GF tickets three times about using my R4RL points but I got nowhere and always had the impression they were just deliberately keeping me hanging on to maximise call charges.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back to tickets in the top tier corners only being available.
 

Thing is, if they had genuinley sold this many or are anywhere close, open the top tier that isn’t on sale, even if just a few blocks at a time so they can mange running costs. It’s amateurish that with a stadium that will be 2/3 full you can’t buy anything but the cheapest seats. 

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Back to tickets in the top tier corners only being available.
 

Thing is, if they had genuinley sold this many or are anywhere close, open the top tier that isn’t on sale, even if just a few blocks at a time so they can mange running costs. It’s amateurish that with a stadium that will be 2/3 full you can’t buy anything but the cheapest seats. 

It's just a complete joke. Many people don't want the cheapest seats and poorest views.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't get why in this day and age there isn't a single ticketing platform, with access granted through affiliate links if desired, with all tickets available on sale and club ends noted in the map view/seat selector.

If you wanted you could tick that you are there to support X club too to make sure the seller knows and the income is split.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The RFL obviously can’t or don’t want to see what a huge #### up they make time and time again with ticket sales for their flagship events. Is there a way we could get them to see the error of their ways? Questions from journalists perhaps? This strange way if micromanaging ticket sales must be costing the game a fortune.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

The RFL obviously can’t or don’t want to see what a huge #### up they make time and time again with ticket sales for their flagship events. Is there a way we could get them to see the error of their ways? Questions from journalists perhaps? This strange way if micromanaging ticket sales must be costing the game a fortune.

Well, there is a newspaper attached to the forum! 🙂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.