Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Crusaders RL turning fans away

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

If Crusaders wnat to attract fans then they need to allow fans to pay on on the day at the turnstiles.

Listened to radio manchester before and hundreds of Salford fans were turned away because they could not pay on the gate and didnt have tickets.

How can a club like this expect to attract fans?

Bloody scandalous if you ask me.

#2 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:46 PM

Unless they had announced prior to the day that the game is all ticket, and theres a good reason.

#3 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (dkw @ Aug 1 2010, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless they had announced prior to the day that the game is all ticket, and theres a good reason.

Yes but is their a need for Cru to make games all ticket when the ground is 3/4 empty!??

#4 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 1 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes but is their a need for Cru to make games all ticket when the ground is 3/4 empty!??

This requires further investigation as to why. Not a good day having travelled over.

#5 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

Unfortunately my impression from the neath game was that the organisation hasnt really improved since the bridgend days - programme sellers outside but not inside, a badly hand written sign for the food area that a village fete would be ashamed of, no merchandise selling except after the game in a small and packed club house - but at least you could pay on the gate!
Sometimes its all about getting the basics right and done with some quality. One day maybe. sad.gif
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#6 Silvia Saint

Silvia Saint
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:58 PM

Its possible the stadium no longer has cash turnstiles.

#7 adelwire

adelwire
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:01 PM

If Wendalls point is correct that is ridiculous. When I went to see Wire at Crusaders a lot of what Janner said is true. Our ticket experience was nearly as daft. But well done for that result today - play off possibilities?

#8 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:01 PM

hundreds? from salford?. you really sure about that?

#9 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 1 2010, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Crusaders wnat to attract fans then they need to allow fans to pay on on the day at the turnstiles.

Listened to radio manchester before and hundreds of Salford fans were turned away because they could not pay on the gate and didnt have tickets.

How can a club like this expect to attract fans?

Bloody scandalous if you ask me.

If you had listened to everything on Radio Manchester you would have heard the full story, or are you selectively reporting.

Supporters got in, but some where late, the club apologised for the problems, one woman who came on the radio was given 20 cash back. The bloke who ballsed it up is to be sacked.

The club website (according to a Salford supporter) pointed out that tickets would have to be bought from the ticket office prior to the game.

What's bloody scandalous is your pathetic attempt to hype this beyond what it is.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#10 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,211 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Aug 1 2010, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The club website (according to a Salford supporter) pointed out that tickets would have to be bought from the ticket office prior to the game.

Sounds a bit like the Keepmoat.
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#11 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Aug 1 2010, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you had listened to everything on Radio Manchester you would have heard the full story, or are you selectively reporting.

Supporters got in, but some where late, the club apologised for the problems, one woman who came on the radio was given 20 cash back. The bloke who ballsed it up is to be sacked.

What's bloody scandalous is your pathetic attempt to hype this beyond what it is.

Just heard it on Radio Manchester dont shoot the messenger!

#12 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 1 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just heard it on Radio Manchester dont shoot the messenger!

So you would have heard the woman that explained about the apology, the cashback and the fate of the bloke at the ticket office then?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#13 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,185 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:07 PM

It's not really unusual to have to buy your tickets from the office nowadays before going to the turnstyles is it?

We did it at Wrexham with no issues whatsoever.

#14 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:23 AM

What is truely scandalous,is that yet again Wendall tries to inflame a situation with false,misleading and inaccurate information.Quite why Admin allow him to continually post such disgraceful posts is beyond me.

#15 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,345 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

Bramall Lane is the same. Unmanned turnstiles so you buy the ticket beforehand and use it to open the gate
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#16 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

I think the pc brigade on here are missing the point.

Why does a club like Crusaders who get low crowds have to make games all ticket?

Its just a barmy situation, they should have pay on the turnstiles.

#17 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 2 2010, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why does a club like Crusaders who get low crowds have to make games all ticket?

Slightly off-topic, I recall a rugby league World Cup fixture at Widnes being ticket only. It ended up with massive queues forming outside a dimly-lit box office, where an elderly gentleman was struggling to cope. Hundreds didn't get into the ground until after kick-off.

And yes, it cannot be compared to the Crusaders situation. cool.gif

#18 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,185 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 2 2010, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Plenty of grounds no longer have pay on the turnstiles, it's really no big deal.

The game isn't all ticket as such, it is simply how you get into their stadium. I found it simple as anything when I went, sorted my ticket out and then went for a few pints, wonder why these 'hundreds' of Salford fans struggled?

#19 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,305 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (cookey @ Aug 2 2010, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is truely scandalous,is that yet again Wendall tries to inflame a situation with false,misleading and inaccurate information.Quite why Admin allow him to continually post such disgraceful posts is beyond me.

And yet if we were to put him down for the good of the board we'd be the ones in trouble.

It truly is a mad world.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#20 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (gingerjon @ Aug 2 2010, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And yet if we were to put him down for the good of the board we'd be the ones in trouble.

It truly is a mad world.

Dont put a good man down then! rolleyes.gif

Back on topic. Its a shame that clubs like Crusaders do have this all ticket policy, when we are as a sport are struggling to attract spectators.

We are not soccer fans who need monitoring. We are RL fans who have a tradition of walking up to games on the day.