TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

St Helens- time for the RFL to act.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

This is the 2nd consecutive game i've seen saints involved in that has been absolutely ruined by their petulance, bad language and constant moaning. How keiron cunningham stayed on the field after clearly telling Richard silverwood to fluck off is something the RFL really need to address. If silverwoood is not strong enough to control the players he should be relieved of his position, for example Silverwood to James Graham,
"You're not getting back ten yards because you're spending too much time arguing with me"
Who's fault is that Richard? You're letting him do it you mug. As for Wellens running in and giving Silverwood a mouthful for claiming he was obstructed in trying to make a tackle when he was about ten yards off the play........grow up you silly old twit, you're just too slow these days. The game is degenerating towards football levels in the tantrum stakes and it's time for the RFL to act, it's getting beyond a joke.

#2 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Aug 21 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the 2nd consecutive game i've seen saints involved in that has been absolutely ruined by their petulance, bad language and constant moaning. How keiron cunningham stayed on the field after clearly telling Richard silverwood to fluck off is something the RFL really need to address. If silverwoood is not strong enough to control the players he should be relieved of his position, for example Silverwood to James Graham,
"You're not getting back ten yards because you're spending too much time arguing with me"
Who's fault is that Richard? You're letting him do it you mug. As for Wellens running in and giving Silverwood a mouthful for claiming he was obstructed in trying to make a tackle when he was about ten yards off the play........grow up you silly old twit, you're just too slow these days. The game is degenerating towards football levels in the tantrum stakes and it's time for the RFL to act, it's getting beyond a joke.

I agree and Saints are the worst offenders (along with Leeds) with Wellens the most annoying git currently playing RL. His obvious lack of pace and getting to cover in defence is obviously getting to him. Graham too is starting to push the limits along with Wilkin. Doesnt matter about Cunningham, his days in SL are probably over after his injury tonight.

#3 saintfrank

saintfrank
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

being coached by Sinfield maybe.. wink.gif
Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

#4 saintfrank

saintfrank
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

oh, sorry, forgot about Briers

#5 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 21 2010, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree and Saints are the worst offenders (along with Leeds) with Wellens the most annoying git currently playing RL. His obvious lack of pace and getting to cover in defence is obviously getting to him. Graham too is starting to push the limits along with Wilkin. Doesnt matter about Cunningham, his days in SL are probably over after his injury tonight.

Most teams have their "referees", at warrington it's monaghan and briers, two of the best in the game. What st helens have is a bunch of obnoxious, foul mouthed louts that are dragging the game through the mud with their disgusting behaviour towards refs.

#6 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Aug 21 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Saints didnt get warned for back chatting unlike the Crusaders.

#7 saintfrank

saintfrank
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Aug 21 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most teams have their "referees", at warrington it's monaghan and briers, two of the best in the game. What st helens have is a bunch of obnoxious, foul mouthed louts that are dragging the game through the mud with their disgusting behaviour towards refs.

correct, all this mouthing is hindering our points scoring biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#8 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (saintfrank @ Aug 21 2010, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
correct, all this mouthing is hindering our points scoring biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yeah, great; it's alright you laughing it off but we are developing a serious problem with petulance from players. All teams are guilty, before you start we have two at Wigan, however Saints and Graham and marde ###### WellImRightens are the worst offenders in the league.

I think its time to clamp down, swear at the ref and sit down for 10. Get done three times. ban.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#9 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Aug 22 2010, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, great; it's alright you laughing it off but we are developing a serious problem with petulance from players. All teams are guilty, before you start we have two at Wigan, however Saints and Graham and marde ###### WellImRightens are the worst offenders in the league.

I think its time to clamp down, swear at the ref and sit down for 10. Get done three times. ban.

You are way out of line, Dave!

Swear at the ref and you are off! Red card! No excuse!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#10 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:47 PM

follow the amateur game, 2 of our lads swore at teh ref in a cup semi after he made shocking decision after shocking decision. the ref wrote to the league specifically compalining about the grief from the sideline and the two players.

we subsequently got 100 club fine and the 2 players got 8 match bans!!!

#11 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (carlos @ Aug 22 2010, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
follow the amateur game, 2 of our lads swore at teh ref in a cup semi after he made shocking decision after shocking decision. the ref wrote to the league specifically compalining about the grief from the sideline and the two players.

we subsequently got 100 club fine and the 2 players got 8 match bans!!!

One rule for the amateurs, another for Saints.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#12 goldcard

goldcard
  • Coach
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

TBH, with Sinfield in 1 ear, Briers in his other ear, Silverwood has a tough task next weekend.
I agree it needs stamping on, it's gone too far already.
Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.
Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)
Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....
And again!!!Posted Image
Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

#13 SonikGav

SonikGav
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:31 PM

Cas are getting huge fines slapped on them cos of some silly adolescent #### calling 'naughty names' at a player due to bringing the game into disrepute but certain teams can get away with swearing at the ref straight to his face and this isnt a problem?

Ive played Rugby for years at Junior and Amateur, the one thing you learn is the Ref is in charge and you address him as Sir or you start walking. If the Players are in charge of the game then whats the point in even having a ref?

#14 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (3owls @ Aug 21 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a relief to see that the comments are back deriding our language, luck, fiddling of the game with the refs, lack of stadium ie rumour from no where about the playoff's etc.

We've not had that all season, what's changed?
I was getting agitated with all the hate getting directed soley at Wigan earlier in the year because they where tackling, (sorry mugging the player with the ball and then robbing their grannies).

You can always tell when your not playing well, no one hates you, but now we have the calls to ban Saints under any cirumstances, I'm reassured that we are once again doing ok on the field of play.

Sqeaky bum time of the season anyone.
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#15 Whacky Llama

Whacky Llama
  • Coach
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

Don't know what the fuss is about, saints are not the only club that do it, if tge ref is stupid enough to take an ear bashing more fool them. The ref has the power to put players in the sin bin but they don't because they are scared to make a decision that might change the outcome of a match.

#16 SonikGav

SonikGav
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Whacky Llama @ Aug 22 2010, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The ref has the power to put players in the sin bin but they don't because they are scared to make a decision that might change the outcome of a match.

No thats what the Video Ref is for.

#17 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (SonikGav @ Aug 22 2010, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No thats what the Video Ref is for.

The ref's hold all the cards, both literally and figuratively.
If they want to use them they can, just don't start moaning when you team get the cards as well as Saints.
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#18 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:30 AM

Bad Language (wow me talking about bad languauge laugh.gif laugh.gif )

Graham and Wellens, they are the Wayne Rooneys of SL.

If you don't like it, Write to the RFL and / or SL.

If you get no return, send it to SKY, if no joy then, send it to the club.

IT MUST STOP, How graham got away with it the other week???? God nows.

On back chatting to the ref.

Briers & Monas at my club pea me off, there is no need for it and the ref doesn't change his mind because of what they have to say.... Do they??? so why bother.

On the other players that do it, not bothered, not arsed, it happens and like Briers and Monas WHY, the Ref doesn't change his mind. Wasting there own breath.

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 22 August 2010 - 07:30 AM.

#19 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (Whacky Llama @ Aug 22 2010, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know what the fuss is about, saints are not the only club that do it, if tge ref is stupid enough to take an ear bashing more fool them. The ref has the power to put players in the sin bin but they don't because they are scared to make a decision that might change the outcome of a match.

perhaps Saints are not the only club at it, but they are certainly the worse.

#20 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,576 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:28 AM

I do feel the Refs should be stronger against this and award yellow cards to players who backchat and moan constantly.Certain players are well known for it. I would like to see Stuart Cummins actually do something about this problem for next season. Only the captain speaks to the Ref for example and that a player caught using bad language or verbally abusing at a Ref is Red carded. The respect for match officials has sadly been lost.

l

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users