England Squad

Moc

Just thought I would join this forum as I had no idea it existed until now, so cheers for letting me participate.... I am English of course and I do live in England, the name may cause some upset and for that I apologise, yes I am related to Chris McQueen but that is neither here nor there at the end of the day.... Of course I fully support McQueen's selection, blood is always thicker than water.  I am so looking forward to some rear end kicking by the England team and send my best wishes and thoughts to all members of the team...... 

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, PaulineMcqueen said:

Just thought I would join this forum as I had no idea it existed until now, so cheers for letting me participate.... I am English of course and I do live in England, the name may cause some upset and for that I apologise, yes I am related to Chris McQueen but that is neither here nor there at the end of the day.... Of course I fully support McQueen's selection, blood is always thicker than water.  I am so looking forward to some rear end kicking by the England team and send my best wishes and thoughts to all members of the team...... 

Who said you could participate? ?

Just now, DoubleD said:

Who said you could participate? ?

Me myself and I lol...... thought it might add some interest :)  but on that note, if McQueen doesn't play well and this is if he plays, then I promise you will hear it from me first.... we pull no punches however, on that note lets give the man a chance first eh?

3 minutes ago, PaulineMcqueen said:

Me myself and I lol...... thought it might add some interest :)  but on that note, if McQueen doesn't play well and this is if he plays, then I promise you will hear it from me first.... we pull no punches however, on that note lets give the man a chance first eh?

I will always support whoever pulls on an England jersey. Whilst I have not seen how Chris McQueen has gone this year, I'd rather have seen Liam Farrell in there who has always been an excellent servant, never let us down, runs good lines, rarely misses a tackle and has phenomenal work rate. But we are where we are so good luck to whoever gets picked 

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I will always support whoever pulls on an England jersey. Whilst I have not seen how Chris McQueen has gone this year, I'd rather have seen Liam Farrell in there who has always been an excellent servant, never let us down, runs good lines, rarely misses a tackle and has phenomenal work rate. But we are where we are so good luck to whoever gets picked 

I can completely understand your thoughts and welcome them, and can understand why some are really not happy with Bennett's decision re McQueen.  Unfortunately I have been so busy following McQueen's games, I really haven't paid too much attention to our own RL, big mistake on my behalf, which I will rectify over the next few weeks... One thing I do know is McQueen has been to the UK, playing for South Sydney Rabbitoh's in the World Club Challenge in 2015.. At the end of the day we shall see how he plays, then I can raise hell if he isn't up to par.... He hasn't played too bad this year thus far, though not as well as he played last season which is a shame, but there you are

10 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

Gaz widdop has gone off with a knee issue in the st George V rooster game...Could be a doubt for the test

Best whistle up Rangi Chase, then.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

32 minutes ago, PaulineMcqueen said:

, on that note lets give the man a chance first eh?

No let's not, let the place go to a bona fide English player, sorry Pauline I don't agree with you, nothing personal as far as your Chris is concerned, those are my principles as I have documented earlier in this thread, plus one bit of frivolity.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

1 minute ago, GaryO said:

No let's not, let the place go to a bona fide English player, sorry Pauline I don't agree with you, nothing personal as far as your Chris is concerned, those are my principles as I have documented earlier in this thread, plus on bit of frivolity.

I can certainly understand your thoughts on this and fully respect them, we all have our principals if the truth be told.... I guess it is what it is and although we don't have to like it at least we can support our team which is by far in my own opinion the most important... On another note, I am hoping someone will help me out on which team to support here in the UK, and a rough summary on who is who et al.... I really need to support the teams in my own country after my support of McQueen... (yes he is my nephew)

27 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

Gaz widdop has gone off with a knee issue in the st George V rooster game...Could be a doubt for the test

Early reports is 100% out of Samoa test and could miss a serious chunk of the season now

What a shame

I love the frog picture but have no idea what it means... no widdop at least allows both George and Gale to get a game after travelling all that way. TBH I just can't see the Aussies struggling to keep widdop at bay - at least George and Gale would bring an element of surprise...

44 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I love the frog picture but have no idea what it means... no widdop at least allows both George and Gale to get a game after travelling all that way. TBH I just can't see the Aussies struggling to keep widdop at bay - at least George and Gale would bring an element of surprise...

Element of surprise to whom? Us or Samoa??

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

52 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Gale didn't spring any surprises last set of Internationals.  

He won't be allowed the freedom Powell gives him, but he's one of the form half backs.  

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

I genuinely have little issue with heritage players, I support Scotland and can see those players putting their everything into it.

The likes of Scotland have to rely on players like tgis though. England dont have to. If McQueen was 21 and declared for England then i would support it all tge way, but not an end of career chance of playing in a WC.

That said i will always support England and we need to be careful not to go overboard based on our principles. The sporting world has changed, Vainokolo and Henry Paul did nothing to damage RU and Denny Solomona has just made the Eng squad. Cricket is rife with it.

Where we dont seem to get it right is in tgese players committing for good and being a part of the team for years.

I'm not a fan of what the likes of Vainakolo, Paul or Chase did but at least they plied their trade in England and lived in England. Hetherington and McQueen have chose England because they are now old and arent good enough for Australia. The worst thing about it is that they aren't even good enough for England either.

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'm not a fan of what the likes of Vainakolo, Paul or Chase did but at least they plied their trade in England and lived in England. Hetherington and McQueen have chose England because they are now old and arent good enough for Australia. The worst thing about it is that they aren't even good enough for England either.

Heighington have already played for England in 2011. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Just now, Saint 1 said:

Yes, when he was 29 and had already played for the Australia PM XIII team - hardly the act of someone really passionate about representing England is it? 

One can be passionate about both nations. 
I know it can sound strange, but I've met and talked to dozens of people of dual nationality, proud of both their familiar roots. 
I don't know if it's the case of Chris Heighington, not knowing him personally, but I can't see why not. 
It's full of players who represented, in rl, more than one nation (tough CH didn't, as PMXIII is not an Int cap), and I've seen a lot of them playing with commitment with more than one country. Danny Brough played for England v the Exiles (not a cap, but 'more' than a PMXIII match). 
I wonder why you all bother watching the test, as the majority of the Samoans are there because they're 'not good enough' (quote) for playing for Aus/Nz. 
It's very hypocrite. 
Though we shouldn't be discussing it at all, as a person (Heighington) who's father is English is de facto English, too. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

14 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Trying to get vaguely back to the squad, I find it odd we have no cover in the outside backs or hooker. What happens if someone gets injured in training? 

On the BBC rl podcast they seemed to think McQueen would cover the outside backs. Williams to cover hooker?

Archived