Michael Carter / TV deal etc (Merged threads)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/56099578263/permalink/10155471337898264/

Straight talking as always, I personally can’t help thinking if we had someone like him in charge of the purse strings at the RFL we might have more money to develop the game...

A Wakey fan that wants shut of MC!  :sad:

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

48 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

A Wakey fan that wants shut of MC!  :sad:

'' Someone like him ''  - but not him.

An owner of a Super League club wanting transparency.

Yet the happy clappers and the RFL apologists on here are satisfied.

Beats me.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

IIRC this was a point of some annoyance to some of the clubs when the new Sky contract was announced - that the RFL wasn't keen on explaining the sums in detail. Of course, some of the clubs just saw the down payment and agreed to the deal there and then.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

7 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

IIRC this was a point of some annoyance to some of the clubs when the new Sky contract was announced - that the RFL wasn't keen on explaining the sums in detail. Of course, some of the clubs just saw the down payment and agreed to the deal there and then.

Explaining the the financial details seems such a necessity to me, I’m amazed, give the financial backgrounds within the RFL, if these breakdowns were never given.

31 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Some absolute nonsense in there and some very dangerous stuff.

It has balls all to do with the clubs who is employed as England manager.

The article really doesn't paint the clubs in a great light tbh.

The RFL giving surplus money to SL clubs..

What the f......

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

15 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

The RFL giving surplus money to SL clubs..

What the f......

I think that was the SLE stuff - things from shared gate receipts, playoffs etc which stays within SL.

The RFL will share profit equally across all its member clubs iirc.

This has car crash written all over it.

Things like: 

“But I also wanted to see whether there’d been a fairness over the four years I’ve been involved as when we first took over (at Wakefield) there was some pretty strict criteria put on us about what we could and couldn’t spend. “Then you hear – again, with a pinch of salt – about other clubs being treated a little differently. That was at the back of my mind. "

So this was driven as a club vs club thing - how can it end any other way that with a conflict of interests and clubs in a battle - welcome to 15 years ago!

This is also a really dishonest quote, whether it is on Carter's part or the YP:

“What’s come to the fore over the last year to 18 months is that, if you disregard Leeds, Hull and potentially Castleford – who are now performing really well – it’s tough for all the clubs out there."

Why would you miss out other stronger clubs like Catalans, Wigan, Wire, Saints? Surely the paper doesn't only talk about Yorkshire clubs, otherwise their league table must look a bit weird?

22 minutes ago, Dave T said:

This is also a really dishonest quote, whether it is on Carter's part or the YP:

“What’s come to the fore over the last year to 18 months is that, if you disregard Leeds, Hull and potentially Castleford – who are now performing really well – it’s tough for all the clubs out there."

Why would you miss out other stronger clubs like Catalans, Wigan, Wire, Saints? Surely the paper doesn't only talk about Yorkshire clubs, otherwise their league table must look a bit weird?

I really don't get your agenda - Carter is being totally honest, if you don't wish to believe the obvious and face up to it then that's your problem - personally I'm glad someone, any one is pointing these things out.

Also when he says struggling he's talking in all regards not just on the pitch. Why do you think Catalan, Wigan, Wire and Saints especially strong in either respect. Cas, Hull and Leeds cleaned up the silverware to where is the dishonesty - I'm baffled.

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Seems easy to me. ‘Can we have a look at the TV deal please’ Nigel?  I don’t think that happened!

1 minute ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I really don't get your agenda - Carter is being totally honest, if you don't wish to believe the obvious and face up to it then that's your problem - personally I'm glad someone, any one is pointing these things out.

What agenda?

What are you glad he has pointed out? That he has heard gossip that some clubs are getting favouritism? That only Leeds, Cas and Hull are doing ok (wrong), that the clubs forget about things, that the clubs haven't read stuff?

I have long advocated the clubs taking ownership and responsibility of their own affairs, but the reason they moved away from this model was due to a conflict of interests and clubs voting and arguing for things against other member clubs because it suited them. The signs are there in what he is saying that this time will see the same challenges.

4 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Also when he says struggling he's talking in all regards not just on the pitch. Why do you think Catalan, Wigan, Wire and Saints especially strong in either respect. Cas, Hull and Leeds cleaned up the silverware to where is the dishonesty - I'm baffled.

You genuinely think that he is talking about the trophies?

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

What agenda?

What are you glad he has pointed out? That he has heard gossip that some clubs are getting favouritism? That only Leeds, Cas and Hull are doing ok (wrong), that the clubs forget about things, that the clubs haven't read stuff?

I have long advocated the clubs taking ownership and responsibility of their own affairs, but the reason they moved away from this model was due to a conflict of interests and clubs voting and arguing for things against other member clubs because it suited them. The signs are there in what he is saying that this time will see the same challenges.

Re-read my comment, sorry I hadn't completed it.

Archived