Batley v Leigh Cup Match

RogerT

According to the twitter thingy the GAME is ON volunteers clearing the surrounding area, buses starting to run but main roads only, taxi's is your guess.

If you go to the match please be safe.

Not one for retts and ainy hope they get an inside run every set to keep them warm and able to catch a ball.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Full marks to Batley for getting the pitch playable and the surrounds safe. (and of course for letting us win a game!) You certainly showed Cas how to get a game on in adverse conditions! Roll on Summer rugby!!!

Good effort from both teams just werent able to build pressure in the second half to pinch the win

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Came away pleased with our overall effort in standing up to the big time charlies. The heavy going was a leveller but Leigh were no stronger or fitter than us. First half set after set we repelled them and the kick along the ground on the 5th worked.

Second half we needed to make possession and territory pay. Retties 2 spilled attacks can't be knocked with the conditions but I feel a leak scoot at tired slippy forwards would of paid dividends.

Missed gledders, manning,cropper and day after his concussion

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Does anyone know how Brad Day is? Was an awful collision so it was good to see him come back out to the bench after getting checked over. 

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Great effort today by both teams

terrible conditions and on the whole we matched them in all areas

when you think we had Gledhill, Leak,Lillicrop, Manning, Farrell, Ainscough virtually our starting pack it was a Herculean effort

special mention to Derek Beaumont who put some money behind the bar for our lads, good on him 

9 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Did anybody else notice and think that Leigh changed once Micky Higham came onto the field.

Yes he offered them composure and guidance with field position which in the second half we didn’t seem to have, I also thought we defended the threat very well just couldn’t pressure Leigh into conceding a try plus I thought Leigh  were lucky not have 2 men sinbinned with the high shot on ward and then a spear tackle that didn’t go on report in the second half

A great effort from the club in getting the game on and not rewarded by the gate.

Lots of grit on display from both teams in difficult conditions.

However, I thought that in those conditions we should have had two genuine props on the subs bench which might have allowed us to field our strongest available front row reasonably fresh for the last quarter of the game.  Despite a lot of effort there was very little go forward in the second half against a Leigh side that have only beaten one team this season.

Mind you, I do realise that it's easy for an old giffer to talk the talk, far harder to walk the walk.

28 minutes ago, Bi11 said:

A great effort from the club in getting the game on and not rewarded by the gate.

Lots of grit on display from both teams in difficult conditions.

However, I thought that in those conditions we should have had two genuine props on the subs bench which might have allowed us to field our strongest available front row reasonably fresh for the last quarter of the game.  Despite a lot of effort there was very little go forward in the second half against a Leigh side that have only beaten one team this season.

Mind you, I do realise that it's easy for an old giffer to talk the talk, far harder to walk the walk.

Strange that, as we didn't have a recognised prop on the bench either. I wonder what the thinking was behind both clubs deciding that? (we had Acton suspended, but do have Patrick, Richards & Blagborough in the squad)

2 hours ago, Bi11 said:

A great effort from the I thought that in those conditions we should have had two genuine props on the subs bench which might have allowed us to field our strongest available front row reasonably fresh for the last quarter of the game.

They’re all injured.

Archived